Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/24/2019 7:44:40 AM   
HAL2000

I am experiencing weird FPS issues with the Bacon Mod. When I run the game at x4 speed every 2-3 minutes the game starts stuttering and runs at about 10 FPS.

I normally start the game on pre-warp and it usually starts occuring when my ships start warping out of the initial system. About 30 seconds after the stuttering starts the frame rate goes back to normal and then the problem repeats 2-3 minutes later.

I despise the gravity well mechanic and I've tried to turn it off in the BaconSettings.txt text file however my ships still fly to the edge of the system before they warp out. Am I doing something wrong in the text file?

// Valid values are 'true' or 'false' without the quotes.
useStarGravityWells=false

The game runs at 60 FPS quite happily in vanilla and when using Extended Universe and other mods.

I've tried completely reinstalling the game but it has not helped.

Is there anything you can suggest to remedy the problem with the FPS? The periodical stuttering is a complete buzz kill and I'd love to play the game with the mod enabled.

I have tried turning off the range circles and empire influence but the problem persists.

< Message edited by HAL2000 -- 7/24/2019 7:47:28 AM >

(in reply to jermore)
Post #: 901
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/24/2019 8:26:38 AM   
HAL2000

Disabling the !rangecircle seemed to fix the issue with the FPS.

However my ships seem to still be bound by the gravity well of the star despite the fact I turned off the gravity wells in the settings.

(in reply to HAL2000)
Post #: 902
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/24/2019 11:23:30 PM   
rogerbacon51

quote:

ORIGINAL: HAL2000

Disabling the !rangecircle seemed to fix the issue with the FPS.

However my ships seem to still be bound by the gravity well of the star despite the fact I turned off the gravity wells in the settings.

Ships that were heading to the edge of a gravity well will continue to do so after disabling the gravity wells. Try giving them a new order and they should jump right away.

(in reply to HAL2000)
Post #: 903
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/27/2019 9:54:12 PM   
Innocentius

Hi there,

I tried using the links to download the mod but unfortunately the links are dead.
Any chance of uploading them again or giving me an alternative place where to get it?

(in reply to rogerbacon51)
Post #: 904
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/28/2019 2:45:10 AM   
mark_valley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Innocentius

Hi there,

I tried using the links to download the mod but unfortunately the links are dead.
Any chance of uploading them again or giving me an alternative place where to get it?

Same thing here... Any alternate source?

(in reply to Innocentius)
Post #: 905
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/31/2019 5:16:00 PM   
aar2ak

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark_valley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Innocentius

Hi there,

Same thing here... Any alternate source?

Just adding my voice to the others. Went to re-install DW:U after some time off and can't seem to get the Bacon Mod anywhere.

(in reply to mark_valley)
Post #: 906
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/31/2019 6:13:56 PM   
Innocentius

I asked on reddit and somebody found where to get the 1.67 version.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links here but search for r/DistandWorlds and you should find my post called 'Download location bacon mod?'
In there somebody linked where to get 1.67

(in reply to aar2ak)
Post #: 907
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/1/2019 9:16:36 PM   
aar2ak

Went to redit and in r/DistantWorlds someone also posted a link to 1.77 which seems to work.

Thanks for pointing out that thread Innocentius.

(in reply to Innocentius)
Post #: 908
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/4/2019 9:00:02 AM   
rogerbacon51

Holy crap. I've been out of the country for the past week. I just checked and Dropbox deleted all of my files. Fortunately there is a restore option and I jsut used it so all files should be back. I have no idea how they all got deleted. Also, I'm glad someone on Reddit has copies.

(in reply to aar2ak)
Post #: 909
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/13/2019 8:28:11 AM   
bluestrike15

Hello everyone, While using this great mod I seem to be running into a bug that is causing me some issues. If you take a quick look at the screenshot I gave, every so often one of or more of my ships makes a vector to the top left corner of the galaxy. Usually this happens if its A.) (Ship on the left) A construction ship building a station. Or B.) Any other ship using its hyperdrive. It does not happen all the time however it does happen often enough that is becoming an issue. I've had to stop dozens of state ships from flying to the other side of the galaxy for no reason. Anyone else tracking this bug or is there a fix I haven't seen. Tried searching for Corner, Edge and similar in the search bar but nothing came up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bluestrike15 -- 8/13/2019 2:56:47 PM >

(in reply to rogerbacon51)
Post #: 910
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/15/2019 2:59:08 PM   
davidjruss

bluestrike15,

I am using the same mod and have the same lines running to the top left quadrant as you. i my screen shot a constructor is building a mining station so the line shown may just be a graphical glitch as no ships seem to actually wander off to the left corner.

DavidR

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bluestrike15)
Post #: 911
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/15/2019 3:11:23 PM   
davidjruss

bluestrike 15,

Further to my previous post , once the Constructor had finished the Mining Station it stopped and advised that the mission had been completed. The vector line to the top left vanished when the ship moved to the edge of the planet. Do your ships actually move towards the top left edge as mine would not have the range at present to move that far.

DavidR

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 912
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/15/2019 5:59:49 PM   
USSAmerica

I don't think this issue is limited to the Bacon Mod as I'm not using it but have seen the issue a couple of times. Not sure if there is a fix for this.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 913
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/16/2019 12:40:25 AM   
RogerBacon

When a constructor is building something, espicially if it is waiting for supplies to finish construction, it's mission target is null. That is interpreted by the game as having a 0,0 x,y coordinate. That is why the movement vector points to the upper left corner of the map (0,0).

At one time there was a bug where ships would actually travel to 0,0 but I'm 99% sure its fixed. I haven't seen it in over a year.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 914
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/16/2019 11:18:30 PM   
bluestrike15

I have actually had ships (Mostly explorers) try to run up to the edge before. I usually have them on "Explore x Sector" Missions if that helps narrow down the problem.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 915
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/24/2019 9:43:27 PM   
rmse17

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluestrike15

I have actually had ships (Mostly explorers) try to run up to the edge before. I usually have them on "Explore x Sector" Missions if that helps narrow down the problem.

Same here - explorers go to 0,0 when told to explore specific sector.

(in reply to bluestrike15)
Post #: 916
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/25/2019 1:13:04 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmse17

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluestrike15

Same here - explorers go to 0,0 when told to explore specific sector.

So here's how it works behind the scense. A ship has a mission. A mission have many fields including (from memory) target, habitatTarget, builtObjectTarget, creatureTarget, and maybe more. Depending on what type of mission it is one of those fields will hold the X,Y values to go to. I had to take into account a lot of things when I added gravity wells and epicially when I taught the AI how to find the shortest path out of a gravity well. It seems that searching a sector is one scenario I didn't cover as I never ordered a scout to do that. Searching a system works though. So it might be best just to tell the scout to search a system. You can use a reminder note (!note) to notify you when it is done. Personally I always have my scouts on auto explore. Also, don't forget to add labs to your scouts so they can be researching for you as science ships. In most of the playthrough videos of people using my mod nobody ever does that for some reason.

(in reply to rmse17)
Post #: 917
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/25/2019 5:24:13 PM   
Murtagh21

Any way to turn off the state freighters and such? I have never had problems with them that detract from the game. I would love to turn them off so that I don't accidentally build 100s when bulk ordering suggested ships.

(in reply to HAL2000)
Post #: 918
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/30/2019 2:53:49 PM   
Emperor0Akim

Your work is amazing.

it is like you are working your way through the suggestion thread for DW/DW2

Since you are that active with modding I was wondering, if you might have the PDF of the full modding guide for DW:U ?
Sadly the link on the forum and slytherin page is no longer available and there are no alternative downloads only links to the official site

Maxim 1.: Pillage, Then Burn !

(in reply to Murtagh21)
Post #: 919
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/31/2019 2:25:48 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emperor0Akim

Your work is amazing.

it is like you are working your way through the suggestion thread for DW/DW2

Since you are that active with modding I was wondering, if you might have the PDF of the full modding guide for DW:U ?
Sadly the link on the forum and slytherin page is no longer available and there are no alternative downloads only links to the official site

Thanks.

You are in luck. I do have it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeo3ogg4dc0pr90/DW%20Universe%20Modding%20Guide%20EBOOK.pdf?dl=0

(in reply to Emperor0Akim)
Post #: 920
RE: Bacon Mod - 8/31/2019 11:33:28 AM   
Emperor0Akim

Thank you, blessed be the ground you walk upon.

===== EDIT =====

and because I read your answer before I looked in the thread for the Modding Guide ...

I let the author speak for himself :

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

Guys, the DWU Modding Guide was probably removed from web access after the game was released. It is included with the game. It can be found in your ..\DWU\Manuals folder.

< Message edited by Emperor0Akim -- 8/31/2019 11:36:13 AM >

Maxim 1.: Pillage, Then Burn !

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 921
RE: Bacon Mod - 9/24/2019 9:09:18 PM   
khanobius

First of all thanks for a great work!
I am back again and again to DWU partially because of this mod.

I have just updated to 1.77 (from I believe something like 1.66) and I have found some strange behaviour with my colony regarding taxes, happiness and development.
I have started new game using RetreatEU scheme.

The problems are:
- my colony has always "The current tax rate is to high!(-5)" modifier even on tax level 0
- happiness seems to ignore tax level (as mentioned above it stuck at -5 modifier),
- there is no change to growth based on happiness/tax,
- my development level stuck at 50% (it even drop from the game start) with 3,7G population and having tones of 3 luxuries and some of every other.

I had wait a few months in game to check if modifiers gets recalculated but no.

Does anybody have similar problem?
I will try to downgrade bacon mod tomorrow just to be sure if this was mod fault but apart from bacon I had not changed anything else.

EDIT:
It looks like it is not problem with Bacon mod (at least part regarding modifiers).
After some testing it looks like Corporate Nationalism lock hapinness modifier.
It may be even intended although it is not described in Galactopedia.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by khanobius -- 9/25/2019 4:56:23 PM >

(in reply to Emperor0Akim)
Post #: 922
Terraforming for the Bots? - 10/30/2019 6:46:56 PM   
tofudog

I have been playing some BaconRetreat lately and it seems that the computer factions don't build terraforming facilities (from a Tech 5, old empires start, so they have the tech and they have the economy to do so - but they don't.
Is there something I can do about that?
Maybe a setting that I overlooked?
I really like this feature, which allows me to settle everything that isn't up on a tree by the count of three, but being the only one to convert all those below 50% worlds kind of gives me an unfair advantage (like having over a hundred colonies, not a single shot fired (except at that one sand slug), while everybody else is at each others throats trying to breach twenty).

Thanks for sharing this fun mod by the way.

WANT... MORE... MODDABILITY...

(in reply to khanobius)
Post #: 923
RE: Terraforming for the Bots? - 10/30/2019 10:42:32 PM   
Retreat1970

Retreat was made before baconmod in a time when terraforming facilities were useless. Therefore I kept them out of the AI build.

Feel free to modify to your hearts content.

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 924
RE: Terraforming for the Bots? - 10/31/2019 6:02:57 AM   
tofudog

How would I go about doing that?
In particular I would like the computer to settle those low-quality worlds in the first place.
The Policy files already show
"ColonyAllowFacilityTerraformingFacility ;Y"
with a threshold of 500 for all the races I randomly checked
which is unchanged from vanilla.
The only thing I could do there would be to set the threshold to 1, which I suspect would only lead to more elegible planets not being served, but I will try that.

I was hoping for something like
"allowAsteroidColonies=true
asteroidColonyPrevalenceDivisor=100" (from the bacon settings files) - just for low qualiy worlds,
but any pointer to where to influence the "AI build" (in addition to Policies) would be helpful too.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 925
RE: Terraforming for the Bots? - 10/31/2019 6:30:08 PM   
Retreat1970

It's been A LONG time since I've played or modded, but I would suspect no one researches it. Adding it to the research queue in the correct spot should fix it.

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 926
RE: Terraforming for the Bots? - 10/31/2019 8:19:31 PM   
tofudog

Turns out that this was a dead end.
Twenty races had it, 24 did not, plus mechanoid and shakturi who have everything right out of the door.
My game setup was starting Tech 5 anyway, so everyone should have had it regardless of the scripted path.
But to be sure I added it on the remaining ones, right after the parent project (continental terraforming).

Thanks for trying though.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 927
RE: Terraforming for the Bots? - 11/6/2019 5:03:06 PM   
Chris36

Great mod with nice features! But i wonder if it's the right the pirates got that very high costs and maintenance cost? After doing my first game i recognized lower pirate activity as usual. Loaded up as pirates and i got there ridiculous costs and higher maintenance costs. Don't know if this is wad? When i change the costs factor for pirates(shipMarkupFactorPirates) to a non floating number like 2 and 3 the costs are very near to vanilla. Putting 2.5 back then the costs are like e.g. 60k to build a copy of the starting pirate base.

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 928
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/6/2019 7:45:37 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeo3ogg4dc0pr90/DW%20Universe%20Modding%20Guide%20EBOOK.pdf?dl=0

Isn't this the same modding guide as what is found in the Manuals folder of the Distant Worlds Universe folder which is added during the install.... or is this another version?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 929
RE: Bacon Mod - 11/6/2019 10:44:36 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Thanks.

Isn't this the same modding guide as what is found in the Manuals folder of the Distant Worlds Universe folder which is added during the install.... or is this another version?

Its the same. Both the person asking for it and I forgot that it is included in the game.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI