Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Canīt play default missions with custom Database

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Canīt play default missions with custom Database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canīt play default missions with custom Database - 11/3/2019 5:13:10 PM   
blaa

When you create a custom database and start the game with it the list of Default missions & campaigns is empty.
Post #: 1
RE: Canīt play default missions with custom Database - 11/3/2019 6:29:07 PM   
DoubleDeuce

That sort of makes sense though. If I create a completely new WWI, BattleTech, etc database, should the original missions/campaigns, created using modern equipment or factions that doen't even exist in that database still try to load?

(in reply to blaa)
Post #: 2
RE: Canīt play default missions with custom Database - 11/3/2019 6:52:37 PM   
blaa

It doesnīt make sense when you alter things like unit strength or command delay however. Which is probably gonna happen a lot more than people making total conversions. Also, the workshop missions already have their own tab. There is literally no reason why the default tab should not load, under any circumstance. At least none that I can see as a non-dev.

< Message edited by blaa -- 11/3/2019 6:56:19 PM >

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 3
RE: Canīt play default missions with custom Database - 11/4/2019 1:12:28 AM   
Veitikka

Of course the system could have been designed with a different approach in mind, but in our system every scenario stores the databaseID it's been created with, and if the ID doesn't match then the scenario is not listed in the game UI. The faction data includes not only the command delays and such but also the references to formations and flights. If the actual formations or other associated items are missing from the database or have changed their database slot numbers then I don't how a scenario could work. We took this approach because we wanted to avoid the situation where there are incompatible scenarios and databases available and creating confusion.

Know thyself!

(in reply to blaa)
Post #: 4
RE: Canīt play default missions with custom Database - 11/4/2019 1:22:14 AM   
blaa

I think people mostly figure out that stuff themselves when they start modding the game, but it is no big issue for now.
The only thing I really donīt appreciate is that when I edit "default" in any way the game wonīt start cause the checksum for default fails. That is a bit much "handholding", the checksum fails cause I changed the files willingly... a warning is ok, but then the game should load!

< Message edited by blaa -- 11/4/2019 1:31:39 AM >

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Canīt play default missions with custom Database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI