Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Relief

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Relief Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Relief - 11/9/2019 1:45:03 AM   
lancer

Hi,

How does relief (terrain info pop-up) work? I figure from the manual that it's a measure of the 'slope' of the land. Maybe?

Does a low value increase a vehicles chance of being in hull down or is it a high value?

Are there any waypoint commands that might assist a vehicle in going hull down other than 'defend'?

Cheers,
Lancer
Post #: 1
RE: Relief - 11/9/2019 3:27:54 AM   
exsonic01

As far as I know relief is more close to "roughness" of the tile. Higher the relief, better chance to enter defilade position or hull down with green arc.

I'm not sure how defend command is coded, but in manual:
quote:

The unit will try to acquire a line of sight to the location, while maintaining the best possible cover and concealment and minimizing movement from the current position

I guess defend command might prior cover and concealment value over relief value. So, for defilade, it might be better to look for higher relief tile. But who knows? Maybe manual didn't show all and relief might be considered as well. Usually, I play with round mode instead of realtime mode, so it is not easy to check tile values in game, so I usually just use defend order.

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: Relief - 11/9/2019 9:13:10 PM   
lancer

Hi exsonic,

I'm not sure about that.

If I look at a German map I see a relief value of 25 for forest, and 10 for fields but 40 for highways crossing flat terrain.

On the Fort Irwin map it's 25 for just about everything except dirt roads which are 20.

If it's representing 'roughness' why do highways have the highest value and how are you going to get defilade on open tarmac?

Cheers,
Lancer

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Relief - 11/9/2019 9:31:23 PM   
exsonic01

Really? From my game, forest seems 50~60, field is 10, and road is 0... But I'm not sure about how relief is estimated. Maybe there could be other factors, such as angle of steepness...

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 4
RE: Relief - 11/9/2019 11:20:46 PM   
lancer

Hi exsonic,

Perhaps it varies a lot but here's what I'm looking at (game patched to the latest version).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 5
RE: Relief - 11/9/2019 11:51:11 PM   
exsonic01

Yeah, I'm not sure what defines relief value and manual is not clear about it. Maybe relief get some bonus with steepness of tile, or maybe some RNG-related mechanism is installed...

(in reply to lancer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Relief Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI