Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amphibous invasions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Amphibous invasions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amphibous invasions - 11/7/2019 1:50:37 AM   
Ruatha

The manual is very vague about how to do this... my read is that you load up a land unit onto landing craft, combine that with a naval group, and move the combined group to the target hex and try to unload. However, there appears to be no obvious way to load the land unit onto LC's as opposed to regular transports, so that the unit is always loaded onto regular transports and cannot disembark on an occupied hex... even one like Malta, that has been bombed into submission. The manual is full of vaguely described situations like this. Any comments?
Post #: 1
RE: Amphibous invasions - 11/7/2019 5:02:56 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Page 79 of the manual details it.

Move a fleet to a non-all water hex. It can be a beach or partial land hex that has no enemy land. Toggle the invasion toggle on the unit panel. It will light up the hexes you can invade.

There is a current bug in which it also lights up bad invasion locations you can't move out of so be sure where you land also connects to some land tile.

This bug is fixed in the next coming patch.

All buttons have tooltip hovers.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Ruatha)
Post #: 2
RE: Amphibous invasions - 11/8/2019 9:13:10 PM   
Ruatha

Thank you very much for this information. I am trying to invade Malta: I have LC's available. I load a ground unit, and move the LC's with or without other ships adjacent to Malta. I bomb Malta into the ground. I deselect all the various elements of my fleet, select the ground unit that I want to invade with, and it shows Malta as red, and that I cannot attack while a fleet is transporting ground units. The invasion button is toggled in this situation.

In a related matter, I have a German Paratrooper unit in Sicily, and have air transports. How do I load the paratrooper onto the air transports? I gather from the manual that the target hex has to be vacant to do a paradrop.

I do appreciate your prompt responses. Just so you know, I am now at about 3 hours of trying to sort this out, with the manual not really being much help. If others have similar issues, it is not very likely that your game will be successful.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: Amphibous invasions - 11/9/2019 3:45:19 AM   
AlvaroSousa

Malta has 2 hexes. A beach hex and a land hex (that is occupied).

You need to be on the beach hex to invade it or any surrounding beaches/landWater hexes. If you are on open sea you can't invade anywhere.

Paradrops can't drop on units. Technically I guess they could drop on a coast. I'll have to see about that.

Post in the bugs section plz. This is technical for crashes with launcher, admin issues, BSODs, etc.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Ruatha)
Post #: 4
RE: Amphibous invasions - 11/10/2019 9:18:35 PM   
Ruatha

Still does not work. I would be happy to post somewhere else but this seems to be the only relevant option- other choices are things like AAR's etc.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 5
RE: Amphibous invasions - 11/11/2019 3:20:19 AM   
AlvaroSousa

Go up one level then look at bottom of area. a lot of posts.

Well if you detail me what you are doing I will see if I can help. Posting where in the right section will also get players to help you which are around more often than I am.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Ruatha)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Amphibous invasions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI