Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 11:32:36 AM   
Daniele

From Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations (CMANO) to Command: Modern Operations (CMO)

FAQ

Matrix Store (Steam store below)

1) I bought CMANO on Matrix, do I get a discount? EDIT
Yes, you get a 50% discount by using your CMANO serial as a coupon. The discount is valid until January 31st 2020, eligible for the digital version.

2) Where do I find my CMANO serial?
You can find your CMANO serial in your My Page section on the Matrix Website or Printed on your CMANO disc.

3) How do I use the serial as a coupon?
The coupon can only be used in the Slitherine & Matrix stores.
To use your coupon, add CMO to your shopping cart as normal and then, on the checkout page, enter your CMANO serial into the Coupon Box and click Update.

4) Can I still purchase CMANO after the release of CMO?
No. After the release of CMO on November 14th, it won’t be possible to purchase CMANO on the Matrix/Slitherine Store anymore.

5) Can I still purchase CMANO DLCs after the release of CMO?
Yes. If you buy any CMO DLCs after November 14th, you’ll be offered two installers, one for CMO and one for CMANO in your My Page section. See question #9

6) Will the previous CMANO Standalones (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm) remain Standalones with CMO?
No, they will be turned to CMO DLCs. See Question #14

7) I bought the previous CMANO Standalones (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm). Will I be able to play them as Standalones after CMO releases?
Yes, you will. But they won’t receive engine updates.

8) Will I be able to play my Matrix version of CMANO after the release of CMO?
Yes, If you have bought any CMANO title – base game or expansion/DLC – your serials will remain registered and accessible anytime from your My Page; this means that you can keep playing them in the old CMANO engine at any time you want.

9) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on MatrixGames. Do I have to purchase them again?
No. All the DLCs and Standalones previously bought can be downloaded for CMO from your My Page (https://www.matrixgames.com/member/downloads) for free. There, you will be offered two installers, use the Multi DLC Setup to install with CMO.

10) I have bought only an Expansion Standalone (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm), will I be eligible for the discount coupon?
No, only owners of the CMANO base game will be able to use the discount offer for CMO

11) Can I load a CMANO scenario into CMO?
Yes you can do that from CMANO to CMO, but not vice-versa

12) Will I be able to redeem the Steam keys if I buy CMO and the DLCs from Matrix?
Yes. Just remember that redeeming a CMANO base game Steam key doesn’t turn it into a CMO one. More info on how to redeem the key here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=93585

13) I bought CMANO and You Brexit, You Fix it on Matrix. Can I redeem the DLC key on Steam?
Yes. In your My Page you can get the Steam serial for your product. You can proceed to activate the product on Steam. The serial will unlock both versions (for CMO and for CMANO).

14) I bought one of the Expansion Standalone products on Matrix. How can I use it in the CMO engine?
Since all the old CMANO products are CMO DLCs now, the only way to play them in the CMO engine is to buy CMO (base game). You can still play them in their original way (as CMANO Products) but without any further engine update.

15) What do I receive if I buy the physical version of CMO (Collectors Edition)?
You will receive: a full color printed box, 2 full color printed DVDs (with your order number and serial number printed on them). The Printed Manual that will be included in the box at release will be a shortened version (210 pages). The full (350 pages) E-Book Manual will be included in the installer and will be available from the Product Page on the website.

Steam

1) I bought CMANO on Steam, do I get a discount?
Yes, Steam will automatically offerCMO at a 50% discount for you. The discount is valid until January 31st 2020

2) Will I still be able to play CMANO, after the release of CMO?
Yes if you bought it before November 14th. After that date, it won’t be possible to purchase CMANO on Steam anymore. CMANO support will continue, but no new content or features are planned.

3) Will my old Steam CMANO titles be removed from my Steam Library?
No, they will remain in your Steam Library and you’ll be able to play them whenever you wish

4) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on Steam. Do I have to purchase them again if I want to play them in CMO?
No, you don’t have to purchase them again. If you buy CMO, Steam will recognize the ownership of the old products and they will be listed as owned DLCs for CMO in your Steam Library

< Message edited by Daniele -- 11/13/2019 2:53:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 11:43:10 AM   
Lowlaner2012

Wow, the new engine improvements and 50% discount are great, day one purchase for me...

Thanks 😀

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 12:17:27 PM   
britten

Huge discount + box version = you have my love, Matrix.

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 3
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 12:26:30 PM   
Eggstor

We just need a price now

T-minus 1 day, 2 hours (give or take a few minutes) for those of us on Steam.

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 4
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 12:56:22 PM   
Lowlaner2012

+1

😎

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 5
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 1:06:29 PM   
Stardog765

Good job! That ought to about cover things haha

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 6
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 1:17:31 PM   
Darren_H_slith

Wow, that is more of a discount I was expecting. Total respect for the fairness you have shown your customers.

(in reply to Stardog765)
Post #: 7
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 2:10:02 PM   
ETF

Had enough of Steam these days. If I decide to install/purchase from Matrix CMO (and not install under STEAM) is there a way to have my STEAM DLC's (from CMNAO) & play without using steam? Are the serial numbers from STEAM DLC's reverseable to Matrix ? Or are STEAM DLC's only allowed to play with a CMO steam copy?

Does that make sense? lol

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to Darren_H_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 3:51:52 PM   
Kushan04

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Had enough of Steam these days. If I decide to install/purchase from Matrix CMO (and not install under STEAM) is there a way to have my STEAM DLC's (from CMNAO) & play without using steam? Are the serial numbers from STEAM DLC's reverseable to Matrix ? Or are STEAM DLC's only allowed to play with a CMO steam copy?

Does that make sense? lol

Steam DLCs are just on Steam. Matrix serial numbers go both ways but Steam does not.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 9
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 4:00:05 PM   
ETF

Ah thats what I thought ......they have me LOCKED IN! :)
Thanks Kushan!

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 10
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 4:00:34 PM   
DWReese

Daniele,

I own all of the current CMANO products. I intend on purchasing the disc version of CMO. Will I be able to download the new version (in addition to my requested disc), and will the order form be able to recognize my discounted price?

Doug

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 11
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 4:07:35 PM   
Surtur

Essentially, yes to both.

You will get the discount and a download version while you wait for your boxed copy to arrive :)

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 12
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 4:18:11 PM   
spartan21071

Amazing job to all involved. I couldn't praise the developers of CMO enough for a great product and continued support and updates for years on CMANO. Looking forward to tomorrow's release.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 13
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 7:25:06 PM   
britten

Agreed. Amazing job from both developers and Matrix team! Great product promotion/handling. I'm still shocked that in modern days "of promises broken" there are companies who can deliver even more than you would expect.

(in reply to spartan21071)
Post #: 14
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 8:47:38 PM   
PaulWRoberts

Matrix-to-Steam question:

I've bought all of my CMANO content from Matrix (to give them the money), but I've activated everything in Steam (which is how I prefer to play).

If I buy CMO from Matrix tomorrow and activate it in Steam, will the Steam-installed version recognize all of the Matrix-bought DLC content (which I have also activated in Steam) and port it into the new game?

Thanks!

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 15
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 8:51:01 PM   
Surtur

It should recognize and integrate all the DLC you activated on Steam yes.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 16
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 8:53:42 PM   
PaulWRoberts

Thanks! And Congrats!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 17
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 8:57:41 PM   
Scorpion86

Matrix Games and Warfare Sims, you may have not developed GTA, but you ARE the Rockstars!

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 18
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 10:09:05 PM   
ultradave

Whatever the price is, 50% is very generous. Thanks for that. Very much.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 19
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 10:16:39 PM   
JohnOsb

So, when it turns midnight here in Colorado (0001) it will be on sell, is that correct

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 20
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 10:17:58 PM   
guanotwozero

This is indeed a generous discount - thanks guys!

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 21
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/13/2019 11:04:26 PM   
mavfin

50% of what, though?

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 22
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 12:09:13 AM   
Grim.Reaper

Hello, looking forward to the release but wanted to confirm I had this correct based on my scenario.

I bought the original base game from Matrix.
I bought a bunch of DLC and some previous stand alone from Matrix
I also redeemed my original Matrix version content on Steam so I could play via Steam (previously bought base game +DLC)
Bought a bunch of DLC and stand alone modules directly from Steam (never bought from Matrix)

So my question/confirmation....

If I buy CMO directly from Matrix and then redeem the base game version on Steam, assuming all my previous content bought at Matrix and bought from Steam (even though never bought the additional setam content from Matrix) will be available in my new game by me simply redeeming it?

I believe the answers is correct, but got a little confused by having content bought split between Matrix/Steam and not planning to buy the new version from Steam (but instead just redeeming my matrix version).

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 23
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 1:12:16 AM   
sfbaytf

50% is great deal. Day 1 purchase for me. Just have to decide if I get the boxed version or digital version. Have a week off beginning next week so CMO and fishing on the agenda. So far from the preview videos on youtube, I'm excited to see tacview in action for myself. One of the previewers said he hopes tacview stays the way it is and doesn't want it moved to 3D or anything fancy, but I'd like to see it move to something very visually appealing and realistic in the way the actual terrain is in real life. Although it will probably never become VR compatible, anyone who's made the jump to VR in flight sims knows what a quantum leap that is.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 24
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 5:06:31 AM   
Sniper31

The 50% discount for previous CMANO customers is both awesome and a pleasant surprise! Thank you Matrix and CMO developers...really looking forward to the release.

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 25
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 5:09:21 AM   
Starstruck

50% is very fair! Day 1 purchase for me as well!

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 26
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 6:26:14 AM   
JamesM

Does CMO install over CMANO or would it be better to uninstall CMANO and just use CMO?

(in reply to Starstruck)
Post #: 27
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 6:39:26 AM   
Surtur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Hello, looking forward to the release but wanted to confirm I had this correct based on my scenario.

I also redeemed my original Matrix version content on Steam so I could play via Steam (previously bought base game +DLC)
Bought a bunch of DLC and stand alone modules directly from Steam (never bought from Matrix)

If I buy CMO directly from Matrix and then redeem the base game version on Steam, assuming all my previous content bought at Matrix and bought from Steam (even though never bought the additional setam content from Matrix) will be available in my new game by me simply redeeming it?

I believe the answers is correct, but got a little confused by having content bought split between Matrix/Steam and not planning to buy the new version from Steam (but instead just redeeming my matrix version).

The answer here is yes. We cannot tell how someone got the Steam version of one of our games of DLC, so all of them will be granted the CMO version of the DLC, regardless of if it was originally bought on Matrix or Steam.

Post #: 28
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 8:32:12 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Surtur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

The answer here is yes. We cannot tell how someone got the Steam version of one of our games of DLC, so all of them will be granted the CMO version of the DLC, regardless of if it was originally bought on Matrix or Steam.

thank you so much for the confirmation

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 29
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 12:35:31 PM   
Phoenix100

Just bought it, using my CMANO serial. Whilst I'm downloading it, can I ask - and sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere - will I need to buy all the DLC and live episodes all over again to get them to work in CMO? I have everything for CMANO, so that would be a hefty additional cost. Just checking. Thanks.

UPDATE: Ignore that. Found the answer in another thread. I think. It being that my DLC serials should unlock the DLCs in CMO without me buying anything else.

< Message edited by Phoenix100 -- 11/14/2019 12:50:22 PM >

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI