Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 3:47:41 PM   
ttollefsen

The process works great. Steam recognizes previously purchased DLCs and installs them, even if you purchase the base program from Matrix and then use the Steam key you receive to install the program through Steam. Just make sure that after Steam gets through the installation process you run the "update" that shows as being available. That seems to be what activates the DLCs.

Great job, Matrix!

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 31
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 5:05:21 PM   
BeirutDude

Never mind! Problem solved!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 11/16/2019 6:07:52 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 32
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 7:21:06 PM   
ETF

If I use my CMO copy from Matrix and place it on to my STEAM account (where I have DLC from STEAM) this does not make my copy a STEAM version correct. I could still load my Matrix copy to my personal laptop that has NO steam and it would work fine correct?

Cheers

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 33
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 7:24:17 PM   
Dabo

Hi,
a question: I'll be soon recieving my loyalty coupon and I already own CMANO, can I applay both discounts?
TIA

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 34
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 8:40:34 PM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF
If I use my CMO copy from Matrix and place it on to my STEAM account (where I have DLC from STEAM) this does not make my copy a STEAM version correct. I could still load my Matrix copy to my personal laptop that has NO steam and it would work fine correct?

If you buy CMO from Matrix, you also get a Steam key. If you want you can register this on Steam (via website or Steam app) - that would just mean you also own CMO (or at least have a license) on Steam.

So sure - you could install the Matrix version on your laptop without Steam, as well as install on another machine via Steam.

If you buy DLCs on Matrix, their keys can also be registered on Steam. AFAIK this also works in reverse - Steam-bought DLCs can be registered at Matrix.

FWIW Steam will allow installation on multiple machines, though will only allow it to run on one at a time. With the exception of Rick Wakeman, most of us can't use multiple keyboards anyway

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 35
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/14/2019 11:09:58 PM   
mavfin

Just bought it, with the discount. Downloading now.
Thanks very much, guys.

EDIT: These scenarios uploaded by Baloogan to the Workshop...Community Scenario Pack upgraded from CMANO?

< Message edited by mavfin -- 11/14/2019 11:12:47 PM >

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 36
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 4:49:06 AM   
ewan_lawson2002

Using Matrix not Steam and have upgraded from CMANO. However, my add ons don't appear and it asks me to buy new ones. Did I miss a step in the install and if so can I go back?
E

(in reply to ttollefsen)
Post #: 37
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 5:07:51 AM   
Marder

< Message edited by Marder -- 11/15/2019 5:08:24 AM >

(in reply to ewan_lawson2002)
Post #: 38
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 7:01:57 AM   
Dabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabo

Hi,
a question: I'll be soon recieving my loyalty coupon and I already own CMANO, can I applay both discounts?
TIA

I checked you can only use one coupon.

BTW there's a nice bundle on Steam: CMO+Tacview Advanced at 72 €. I'd prefer to buy CMO through Matrix even if it costs a few euros more. Can somebody who has already redeemed CMO on Steam check how much the bundle would cost?

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 39
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 9:13:38 AM   
deepdive

Hi, a huge thank you all for the CMO, i had some problems yesterday, including that i ran out of memory during testing, but now it seems to run fine.

Regarding public game files, i just copy those files from CMANO scenario files and pasted them to CMO scenario files and they run just fine in CMO. If i want to play an saved game on CMO i have to save it first as an Scenario file first and then copy/paste it to CMO.

Thanks

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 40
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 10:44:57 AM   
DWReese

quote:

9) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on MatrixGames. Do I have to purchase them again?
No. All the DLCs and Standalones previously bought can be downloaded for CMO from your My Page (https://www.matrixgames.com/member/downloads) for free. There, you will be offered two installers, use the Multi DLC Setup to install with CMO.

Daniele,

I purchased the CMO game, and I already owned CMANO all of the associated DLCs, etc. After installing CMO, I already see all of the DLCs available. Do I still need to go to the website and download and install them, or are they already ready to play?

Thanks.

Doug

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 41
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 11:35:21 AM   
Eggstor

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

If you buy DLCs on Matrix, their keys can also be registered on Steam. AFAIK this also works in reverse - Steam-bought DLCs can be registered at Matrix.

Unfortunately, it does not work in reverse because Steam won't tell third-party developers who has what license. You can buy on Matrix and re-register for free on Steam, but you can't buy on Steam and re-register for free on Matrix.

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 42
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 11:39:28 AM   
Grazyn

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

quote:

9) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on MatrixGames. Do I have to purchase them again?
No. All the DLCs and Standalones previously bought can be downloaded for CMO from your My Page (https://www.matrixgames.com/member/downloads) for free. There, you will be offered two installers, use the Multi DLC Setup to install with CMO.

Daniele,

I purchased the CMO game, and I already owned CMANO all of the associated DLCs, etc. After installing CMO, I already see all of the DLCs available. Do I still need to go to the website and download and install them, or are they already ready to play?

Thanks.

Doug

Unlicensed DLCs are shown in the list but are locked (padlock symbol next to them) and not actually playable. If you can start them and play them, I guess everything is already working fine.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 43
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 12:12:57 PM   
DWReese

quote:

Unlicensed DLCs are shown in the list but are locked (padlock symbol next to them) and not actually playable. If you can start them and play them, I guess everything is already working fine.

Thanks for responding.

I purchased everything from Matrix and everything was registered. All appear to be unlocked and working. But, since I never went there AFTER purchasing the new game (CMO) and downloaded the DLCs and LIVE scenarios, I just want to make sure that it is installed properly. I'm figuring (at this point) that since they were previously registered, that maybe CMO recognizes that and unlocks them automatically. Perhaps someone could verify that.

Doug

(in reply to Grazyn)
Post #: 44
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 12:32:23 PM   
Eggstor

I can't speak to the Matrix version, but Steam automatically recognizes/reapplies the existing CMANO DLC/LIVE licenses.

Now if we could get somebody to rebuild them for CMO,....

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 45
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 2:13:17 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Cheers

Just note that you can run CMO with Steam in Offline mode pretty easily. I did it last night while my son ran another game. I did have to make sure I launched CMO in Online mode a time or two initially, but once updated it works fine and doesn't care about Steam.

I'll have to see if I can get to the Steam Workshop content in Steam Offline mode, *once it's been downloaded in Online Mode*.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 46
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 2:16:39 PM   
mavfin

quote:

quote:

Hi,
TIA

I checked you can only use one coupon.

BTW there's a nice bundle on Steam: CMO+Tacview Advanced at 72 €. I'd prefer to buy CMO through Matrix even if it costs a few euros more. Can somebody who has already redeemed CMO on Steam check how much the bundle would cost?

Go register your CMO you bought from Matrix with Steam as well, as you can do that, I understand. Then, you go to the Tacview bundle on Steam, and it will let you buy Tacview with the discount, and get credit for already having CMO, so it'll just be $52.49 instead of $69.99 or the equivalent in your currency.

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 47
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 2:25:05 PM   
IainMcNeil

If you install CMO before uninstalling CMANO it will pull all the DLC's across automatically. If you uninstall CMANO first, there is no data there to pull across so you'd have to install them manually. We tried to make it as simple as possible.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 48
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 2:29:44 PM   
Dabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: mavfin
Go register your CMO you bought from Matrix with Steam as well, as you can do that, I understand. Then, you go to the Tacview bundle on Steam, and it will let you buy Tacview with the discount, and get credit for already having CMO, so it'll just be $52.49 instead of $69.99 or the equivalent in your currency.

Thanks, so it will cost about 20$/€ more (90€ with CMO from Matrix and Tacview from Steam vs 70€ buying both on Steam)

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 49
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/15/2019 2:37:57 PM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eggstor

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

Unfortunately, it does not work in reverse because Steam won't tell third-party developers who has what license. You can buy on Matrix and re-register for free on Steam, but you can't buy on Steam and re-register for free on Matrix.

That's true for the base game, but the DLCs will be recognised.

From Post 28 earlier on this thread:
quote:

ORIGINAL: Surtur
The answer here is yes. We cannot tell how someone got the Steam version of one of our games of DLC, so all of them will be granted the CMO version of the DLC, regardless of if it was originally bought on Matrix or Steam.

(in reply to Eggstor)
Post #: 50
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/16/2019 6:10:07 PM   
BeirutDude

Is there any advantage to leaving CMANO installed?

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 51
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/16/2019 7:20:24 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

If you run into a community scenario that you can't load in CMO, you can load it in the CMANO editor, see what DB version it uses, and copy that DB from CMANO to CMO, so you can load it...

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 52
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/17/2019 11:19:19 AM   
LaughingBuccaneer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Personally - like keeping the different versions of Harpoon in the past. I would always like to keep a readily
runnable copy of CMANO on my Laptop or PC.

Therefore would be interested to hear from those who ( like me ) like to keep CMANO and install CMO as a
separate entity; although naturally want to run all scenarios on CMO like I have with CMANO, although I
do understand and appreciate that the CMANO version will no longer be updated by Matrix games and
any new scenarios created using CMO might not be compatible with CMANO.

If for any reason users report a conflict or incompatibly issues keeping CMANO on the same Laptop or
PC as CMO, then that's no problem for me as I have a couple of spare Windows 10 Laptops anyway.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 53
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 11/17/2019 11:47:13 AM   
DWReese

BeirutDude,

To me, it seems perfectly obvious that it is better to keep CMANO around.

CMANO isn't hurting anything, and it is a clean version with no known bugs. In fact, CMANO can also serve as a benchmark to remind game players how COMMAND used to play BEFORE CMO came on the scene. The two games are easily compared using this method. So, if things don't appear to be working properly or the same in CMO, you have a point of reference (CMANO) as to how they used to work and that can be quickly pointed out.

As the other poster noted, CMANO also serves as a platform for playing any of the older scenarios that don't quite seem the same when being run on CMO. (You created many of these older scenarios, so I'm sure that you are in favor of being able to keep a means to be able to play them the way that you intended them to be played.) For example, air strikes which were formulated in CMANO have been altered due to the new flying logic in CMO, and that significantly changes range distance, and attack profiles for these older scenarios (like yours).

Finally, CMANO is a means of being able to convert really old scenarios up to version 478 before they are later converted to CMO.

I see no known problem with keeping both, all the time knowing that CMANO will no longer be supported. Who knows, as CMO cuts its teeth, perhaps keeping CMANO might be a really beneficial for foreseeable future.

I'm keeping (and using) CMANO for those reasons. Unless you are strapped for HD space, keeping CMANO around for a while seems like a no-brainer to me.

Doug

(in reply to LaughingBuccaneer)
Post #: 54
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 2/23/2020 4:25:51 AM   
Tester28

Wait a second. Why is the 50% discount for owning C:MANO only good until the end of January? So because I didn't learn about this until recently, I don't get 50% off? That's a dealbreaker for me, CMO is expensive.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 55
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 2/23/2020 3:09:35 PM   
CV60

quote:

Wait a second. Why is the 50% discount for owning C:MANO only good until the end of January? So because I didn't learn about this until recently, I don't get 50% off? That's a dealbreaker for me, CMO is expensive.

Its worth it at full price. However, there are sales. You can also use your anniversary discount to lower the price. If you like CMANO, you will want to eventually get CMO. Just wait until there is a sale. Although you might have to wait for 10 months now

(in reply to Tester28)
Post #: 56
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 5/17/2020 1:05:14 PM   
CommanderBW

Will there be another chance for owners of CMANO to buy CMO at a discounted price? I didn't notice there was a deadline to it and despite CMANO being a great game, paying 78,99 € for an engine overhaul seems a little steep to me.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 57
RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? - 5/17/2020 2:20:14 PM   
thewood1

You have every choice to not upgrade. CMNAO plays fine as it is. No new DLC, but the devs are still fixing bugs as they appear.

(in reply to CommanderBW)
Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: IMPORTANT - FROM CMANO TO CMO, WHAT HAPPENS? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI