Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dismayed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Dismayed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dismayed - 11/15/2019 10:56:45 AM   
1nutworld

Hi everyone.

I am absolutely dismayed with some of the questions, statements and concerns that people have about this new release.

If you had no clue that TACVIEW was a separate purchase....you made a choice NOT to read information provided by Silitherine/Matrix regarding C:MO.

With all due respect to those of you that didn't pay close attention, and have a problem with TACVIEW being a separate purchase....do more research on what you are deciding to spend your money on. Do some research, and read things...don't just watch a video and say to yourself "WOW that is so cool", and then do nothing more but immediately fork out the $$ for the product. You may not have the right software...or a computer that can run the simulation. If you didn't check these things out, that's your fault. .

Stop complaining about the work the Developers put in...go back to 688i from Janes...or dust off Harpoon. Because obviously you are one of those people that spend $35 on something expecting to get a $680,000,000,000 profit off of it somehow.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
Post #: 1
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:05:07 PM   
Majick

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1nutworld

Hi everyone.

I am absolutely dismayed with some of the questions, statements and concerns that people have about this new release.

If you had no clue that TACVIEW was a separate purchase....you made a choice NOT to read information provided by Silitherine/Matrix regarding C:MO.

With all due respect to those of you that didn't pay close attention, and have a problem with TACVIEW being a separate purchase....do more research on what you are deciding to spend your money on. Do some research, and read things...don't just watch a video and say to yourself "WOW that is so cool", and then do nothing more but immediately fork out the $$ for the product. You may not have the right software...or a computer that can run the simulation. If you didn't check these things out, that's your fault. .

Stop complaining about the work the Developers put in...go back to 688i from Janes...or dust off Harpoon. Because obviously you are one of those people that spend $35 on something expecting to get a $680,000,000,000 profit off of it somehow.

+1

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:14:53 PM   
Lowlaner2012

+1

It's a new engine so there's bound to be teething problems, the devs will sort out any bugs and I'm sure will do for many years like they have done with CMANO....

I was happily shocked at the 50% price deal for those who owned CMANO, there are not many devs who would have done that...

Thanks devs 😎

< Message edited by Lowlaner2012 -- 11/15/2019 12:15:17 PM >

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 3
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:23:21 PM   
ultradave

Agree with this. The 50% discount I thought was really really generous. I was expecting 20-25% and would have been happy with that really, considering the massive amounts of free updates, new capabilities and database updates we've gotten over the years.

I also agree with the original post. Two things:

1. Research what you are buying. The developers put out huge amounts of information so that there should have been no surprises. It's all here on the forum, the matrix site, and warefaresims.com
2. RTFM. (which they also issued ahead of time)

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 4
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:27:30 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1nutworld

Hi everyone.

I think you will find most of the complaints are from people new to the series, and to be fair, they included the 3d view in the trailers, so it's not really all that surprising that new people assume it's included.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 5
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:35:12 PM   
thewood1

It is incredibly surprising. If you are stupid enough to see a video and buy something without ever looking at the product page, you get every moment of disappointment you deserve. The video showed Microsoft Windows, but that's not included either. On top of that, its mentioned and highlighted in almost every discussion about the 3D window, as well as being specifically called out in the official product threads. It is a completely invalid complain and just shows that the internet is stupid.

It should be an intelligence test for buyers. Can't figure out how to read the product page, you are locked out from buying.

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 6
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:49:02 PM   
Lionheart

I completely agree with the OP.

I’m really enjoying C:MO with Tacview and would like to put on record my gratitude to the developers and legions of testers for producing something quite excellent.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 12:53:48 PM   
guanotwozero

Ah, it's human nature. Extrapolation is one of our strengths as well as one of our weaknesses.

It's a strength when we try to make sense of an incomplete picture, and a weakness when we miss part of the info that does actually exist. Being fallible humans, I don't think any of us are immune from the latter.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 1:23:10 PM   
Mini_Von

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

It should be an intelligence test for buyers. Can't figure out how to read the product page, you are locked out from buying.

+1

You crack me up!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 2:05:13 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lionheart

I completely agree with the OP.

I’m really enjoying C:MO with Tacview and would like to put on record my gratitude to the developers and legions of testers for producing something quite excellent.

I took the savings on the main pack and spent them on Tacview. Since I did it on Steam, since I had CMANO there, I got 25% off on Tacview Advanced as well, so I spent (39.99+52.49=92.48) on (79.99+69.99=149.98) worth of software. Not a bad deal, imo.

Also, Tacview can be useful for some other things that I've been thinking about anyway.

(in reply to Lionheart)
Post #: 10
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 2:23:00 PM   
IainMcNeil

I can see how people bought without understanding. It was a tough call whether to show Tacview or not. We tried hard to avoid misunderstandings but I think there is only so much you can do in a situation like this. I dont think we should accuse anyone who misunderstood of being dumb in any way though so lets keep this civil.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 11
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 2:23:27 PM   
overkill01

I kinda agree people should make sure they know what they buy, but I fail to see the importance to give this topic any attention.
You are just fueling the fire with posts like this.
There aren't that many people complaining about it anyway.

And I understand the confusion, there is only mention about this in the features tab on the productpage on matrix.
So people are gonna miss that detail. I for 1 don't read everything for example.

< Message edited by overkill01 -- 11/15/2019 2:32:17 PM >

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 12
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 2:28:51 PM   
thewood1

And its no one's fault but the buyer when you buy something without knowing when it's been shown in dozens of places. Its talked about in videos. Its on the product page.

Frankly looking at the people complaining about all aspects of the 3D window, I wish the devs had spent the time on something else.

(in reply to overkill01)
Post #: 13
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 3:15:32 PM   
NMDanny

quote:

The fact that this is a niche game made by a small company, doesn't absolve them of any wrongdoing. And this is a 86$ game(at least in my country), which is much higher than all triple-A games.

Someone who isn't very familiar with the simulation scene, wouldn't be aware that TacView is a separate software. Looking at the steam screenshots(and the livestream and other places), you can see an embedded window called '3D View', and given the nature of the game, it wouldn't be out of reach to assume that this part of the game. Yes, this appears in the product description, but it is still highly misleading to include it in the screenshots without any watermarks or notices. Imagine something like that in a game made by R* or Ubisoft, requiring you to buy a separate 80$ product. There would be extremely-serious backslash to something like that.

Luckily steam offers refunds, but this would still leave a bitter taste for many would-be buyers.

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 14
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 3:33:22 PM   
thewood1

Again, its stated on the product page and in the play-through. The devs have nothing to absolved for. Try actually reading the thread and may be the product page. I doubt anyone who has the intelligence to play the game had trouble with it. Its a great weed out tool.

(in reply to NMDanny)
Post #: 15
RE: Dismayed - 11/15/2019 3:38:03 PM   
IainMcNeil

I don't see this being productive so I'm going to close this thread.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Dismayed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI