Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Country Borders and Town Names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Country Borders and Town Names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 11:59:46 AM   
RobPollard

Howdy,

Really enjoying this iteration of the sim. Only two minor enhancements I'd like to see - both should be easy to code!

1. Can we make country borders the top map layer? Borders are important for a number of reasons and right now, the only way to view them is to turn off the excellent satellite imagery. I'd also make the borders a little thicker and opaque so that they can easily be seen over various overlays.

2. The town names is a great feature and really helps immerse the player, but could the text size be made a lot smaller? Or maybe have the player pick a size? Right now the place names completely dominate the map!

Thanks for an excellent piece of software!

RobP

Post #: 1
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 12:28:44 PM   
vorbarra2

Agree with both - I've found custom overlays allow this to be circumvented to some extent but their definitely should be some options for placename and border display in the GUI

(in reply to RobPollard)
Post #: 2
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 12:44:43 PM   
Rory Noonan

Hey guys,

UI is not my forte but do the city/region/state names not already scale with zoom level?

(in reply to vorbarra2)
Post #: 3
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 2:41:53 PM   
Sniper31

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Hey guys,

UI is not my forte but do the city/region/state names not already scale with zoom level?

Greetings apache85, the city/region/state names do scale with the zoom level, but in many cases, I have had problems with those names covering up more important names of friendly airbases, missile sites as well as enemy airbases, targets etc. This has actually been very bothersome. I DO like having the city/region/state names on, as for me, they are beneficial and therefore I don't want to turn them off. I agree with the posters above that if the fonts were just less intrusive and a little smaller, I think a good balance could be struck.

Thank you for looking into this.

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 4:34:12 PM   
coolts

Border layer definitely needs to be top imo for a strategic sim. Seems to be a glitch as at some zoom levels it's clearly visible. Forces me to turn all other layers off making the game resemble asteroids. Pretty cool 80's vibe but I'd like more eye candy back, especially since the devs put so much work into it.

< Message edited by coolts -- 11/17/2019 4:36:33 PM >

"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 5
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 11/17/2019 4:55:36 PM   
jwarrenw13

Agree with RobPollard

(in reply to coolts)
Post #: 6
RE: Country Borders and Town Names - 1/12/2020 2:42:07 PM   
Chris21wen

Is thid situation fixed. In this sceanrio the border is most important aspect as you can only attack on your side but you can see it eithout turning off the BMNG layer or zooming out which makes the map useless.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Country Borders and Town Names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI