Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Ctrl-M closes map and exits game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Ctrl-M closes map and exits game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/15/2019 8:24:58 PM   
Sniper31

Okay, first off let me say that I am generally happy with C:MO and all the changes and updates from CMANO to C:MO. Also, very happy with the developers for the 50% discount. Purely awesome! Now, on to my problem.

So I have about 3 hours into the new C:MO, which is patched to the latest version. Also, running the Matrix Store version as opposed to Steam. In the three hours I have played, it has been through two runs of the Chains of War scenario "Salvo". The problem, for me, has been with the message log. When I leave it attached in game, and not in a separate window, and I hit the Ctrl-M keys to clear the messages I have read, I get one of three results, randomly, as far as I can tell:

Result 1 (and most common): The message log window disappears and I cannot figure out how to bring it back, other then to exit the game and restart.

Result 2: messages actually were cleared as desired, but I have only had this result once

Result 3: Game straight up closed and exited, no request to exit dialog or save, nothing...just exited to desktop. At first, I thought the game just got minimized, but this was not the case.

I am playing on a desktop with an i9 9900k CPU, 32Gb ram, SSD, and a 2080 Ti GPU in Windows 10. I was playing the game in fullscreen, non-windowed mode when this issue occurs.

This one has me scratching my head.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 4/13/2020 6:05:52 PM >

"I say again, expend ALL remaining in my perimeter!" - Platoon

"This is JB27, on target...fire for effect.." - Me
Post #: 1
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/15/2019 8:30:49 PM   
thewood1

I think I'm seeing this too. I can't predict what Ctrl+M will do. I have had a couple crashes and a couple times the message window went away.

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 2
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/15/2019 8:32:13 PM   
Dimitris

Hi,

If you try to perform the same action through the "Game --> Message Log --> Clear" menu sequence, what happens ?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/15/2019 8:53:13 PM   
Sniper31

Okay Dimitris, I tried it three times, as you suggested, and it worked properly every time doing the way you said to try. Keystroke issue still randomly does not work as before though.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/15/2019 8:59:03 PM   
Sniper31

Let me add some more info. I was just testing other keystrokes related to the messages log, and the Ctrl-Alt-M combo does NOT separate the message log into a separate window. It actually does nothing that I can tell. I tried clicking on both the game window before trying the keystroke, and also clicked in the message log itself and then tried the keystroke. It did not work in either case.

EDIT: Further testing shows that IF the message log is separated into it's own window, then neither the Ctrl-M keystroke have any effect NOR does clicking in the Game menu, then Message Log and then Clear, as Dimitris suggested to try work. I cannot find any method to clear the message log of read messages if it is in a separate window.

< Message edited by Sniper31 -- 11/15/2019 9:03:53 PM >

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 5
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/16/2019 1:50:16 AM   
Yam

I'm seeing a similar issue (posted in a separate thread). For me any interaction with the Message Log will fairly quickly crash the game. Usually the map display locks up, sometimes a crash to desktop. I've tried everything I can think of but at the moment the game seems unplayable on my system.

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 6
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/16/2019 3:09:37 AM   
michaelm75au

The hotkeys normally work when the main screen has the focus. I haven't yet had any trouble although I don't separate the log screen very often.
Is there anything showing in the Logs\ExceptionLog.txt??

Michael

(in reply to Yam)
Post #: 7
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/16/2019 4:06:47 AM   
Yam

I think you are on the right track Michael. If you click on the main window to make sure that has the mouse focus, then Cntrl M, the message log clears correctly. If I click on the message log window and then Cntrl M all sorts of incorrect stuff happens - generally the pop out window comes up (should be Cntrl-Shift M) but things tend to go haywire from there....

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 8
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/18/2019 10:11:24 PM   
Sniper31

I am still having a host of issues with the message log. Currently running build 111.7

Message log, when in external window does seem to clear better with CTRL-M, but still not always. Further, when it DOES clear, its only in Raw Text mode. In the Interactive View, when in external window, CTRL-M does not work. The method of using the Game menu and selecting Clear Message log only works about 50% of the time.

Also, a problem that has gotten worse, is that many times with the Message Log in a separate window, I cannot keep other, drop down menus open. I click on them, and then then drop down menu disappears. On my second screen, I can see that the Message Log keeps becoming the active window every time this happens. Makes it extremely difficult to open other menus, and I invariably have to close the Message Log, which defeats the purpose of having it open all the time in an external window.

It really seems like there are many bugs associated with the Message Log in separate window mode. For me it has been causing me to fall back to CMANO, which I do not want to do. I want to play and embrace CMO, but this message log window issue is really causing problems for me.

It should be noted that I have tested this problem in scenario saves, fresh scenario starts, different scenarios. It is persistent across all examples.

EDIT: Further testing has revealed that the Message Log in a separate window, keeps becoming the active window. Every time I click on the main game window, either on the map or the window bar, the Message Log immediately becomes the active window again. In short, I cannot keep it from being the active window, and that it makes it near impossible to play the game.

EDIT 2: And even further testing has revealed that IF there is some text in the Message Log (when in a separate window) then the problem DOES NOT exist. It seems to only be there when the Message Log has been cleared of information. Then the problem IS there.

< Message edited by Sniper31 -- 11/18/2019 10:27:35 PM >

(in reply to Yam)
Post #: 9
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/19/2019 9:00:12 PM   
Sniper31

Any looks from the developers on this, or does no one else care about the message log besides me? Not trying to be frustrated, because I am sure the developers are very busy working on issues right now, but I just can't tell if this has even been noticed.

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 10
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 11/19/2019 10:17:57 PM   
thewood1

There have been comments by devs. Its been three days and they appear to be fighting other fires right now. I'm sure its logged and they'll get to it. Its not a critical issue compared to some of the others.

(in reply to Sniper31)
Post #: 11
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 12/15/2019 2:34:36 PM   
Dimitris

Thanks! Logged, and we will definitely investigate.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 1/16/2020 9:45:35 AM   
michaelm75au

Is this still an issue under the latest 1121.5??

Michael

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 13
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 4/13/2020 10:16:57 AM   
Dimitris

Bump.... is this still an issue?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 14
RE: Ctrl-M closes map and exits game - 4/13/2020 6:01:35 PM   
Sniper31

I believe that this has been resolved. I am no longer experiencing this problem.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Ctrl-M closes map and exits game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI