Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CMO Community Scenario Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> CMO Community Scenario Pack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/18/2019 12:31:14 PM   
Ekaton

I can't find the community scenario pack on CMO Steam Workshop, where can I get it?

I need ten females for each male...
Post #: 1
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/18/2019 3:32:18 PM   
kevinkins

Think you can get it here:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 2
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 6:57:30 AM   
michaelm75au

The ability to support the 'package' as created for CMANO is not currently supported under CMO. It requires each scenario to be individually added to Steam Workshop.
I would suggest going back to old ZIP method (from the link mentioned above) to pull down the latest CP version.

Michael

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 12:53:29 PM   
Ekaton

January 5, 2019 version - wasn't the latest Steam version more recent than that?

I need ten females for each male...

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 3:59:28 PM   
Ancalagon451

No; the pack was manually updated by an old forumer that has all but dissapeared.

The January one is the most recent update, and the recent deluge of individually uploaded Community scenarios are nothing but the ones contained in that version (a bad move if you ask me, since plenty of them, along with the complete pack, are already in the Workshop).

There are some newer scenarios, submmited for the pack but still not in most recent version (and perhaps never will be). You can found them in the submission thread here. Just look for anything submitted at a later date.

Ancalagon

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 5
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 5:22:57 PM   
magi

Once downloading the community scenario pack into CMO.... does each scenario have to be updated before playing…?

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 6
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 6:41:54 PM   
Kushan04

Since Meroka has disappeared I've volunteered to take over curating the community scenario pack. Baloogan has already uploaded all of the scenarios in the current pack to Steam. These are just the scenario's as they currently are available from the Warefarsims website. I'll be uploading scenario's released in 2019 to Steam tonight. When the post release rush has died down we'll look at if there's a way to transfer the scenarios Baloogan uploaded to me so I can update them going forward. I'll be making a post tomorrow morning PST that will have a link to the latest CSP download. The usual developer blog will follow at some point in the future.

I've also gone ahead and created a Steam collection that I will be updating going forward. That can be found here: Community Scenario Pack Steam Collection

I've already started writing an SBR file to update all of the CSP scenarios to the latest CMO database. That will be part of the next release.

@Magi - Most of the scenarios can be played right now with no updating required. However there's been a few scenarios that got missed during a database update. Dimitris has posted some of the older databases for download. See below for the link.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Uploaded a bunch of the older DB files here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ryPqpb9-hhPq_s1zgePvp_yEPYtXUMhm

To use them, simply unzip the file to your [CMO]\DB folder.

If you find any scenario that is not covered by those, please let us know and we'll investigate it separately.

Thanks.

< Message edited by Kushan04 -- 11/19/2019 6:42:49 PM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 7
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 8:12:17 PM   
Ancalagon451

Will there still be complete pack releases in Warfaresims.com?

Sometimes I find just easier pick them that way, and I suppose thar even in the CMO era there still will be non-steam users.

Ancalagon

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 8
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 9:40:48 PM   
Kushan04

Yes there will be. The link I have will be the same one that will get posted to their site with the usual blog post. I'm just moving a little ahead of them since their dealing with the usual post release rush.

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 9
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/19/2019 11:26:50 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Thanks Kushan. Good to know that the CSP will live on!

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 10
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/20/2019 12:01:39 AM   
Ancalagon451

Indeed, I'm of the oppinion that CMANO wouldn't have been so succesful without it. So thank you for picking the torch.

Ancalagon

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 11
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/20/2019 12:04:50 AM   
Mgellis

Thanks to Kushan04 for taking over.

Does anyone know what happened to Meroka? Is he okay?

By the way, people may notice a few oddities in some of the scenarios. I tried playing an old one of mine, "Andromeda at the Ready," and the merchant she was guarding had a weird mirror unit; it looked like there were two merchants with the same name sailing next to each other. But if you delete one, both disappear. So I don't know if there is anything I can do at my end (i.e., scenario editor).

Anyway, I figure we'll just have to be on the lookout for little oddities like that and be ready to let both the scenario author and the CMO team know about them so they can get fixed. I'm not especially worried; I'm sure they'll all get fixed eventually; it's probably just some tiny glitch in the code that has to be tracked down; I just wanted people to know about it.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 12
RE: CMO Community Scenario Pack - 11/20/2019 3:44:00 AM   
Kushan04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Thanks to Kushan04 for taking over.

Does anyone know what happened to Meroka? Is he okay?

From what I've heard he just kind of disappeared around mid-year. Hope he's just busy.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> CMO Community Scenario Pack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI