Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Keyboard shortcuts?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Keyboard shortcuts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Keyboard shortcuts? - 11/20/2019 1:40:24 AM   
BlindGuyNW

Hi All,

I just wanted to write as I have (re?) purchased EIA, and was wondering about keyboard shortcuts. DO any exist, or is it mouse control all the way?

As a blind user, I'd prefer to do things via the keyboard, but I can set up some bookmarks for mouse positions if needed.

THanks for any info :)
Post #: 1
RE: Keyboard shortcuts? - 11/20/2019 9:17:22 PM   
pzgndr

Welcome (back?). There are no keyboard shortcuts implemented in the game. Sorry.

When I get a chance, I could look at adding some. Generic map functions should work. A few shortcuts for top menu bar functions should work. The problem with the bottom phase buttons is they are all phase-specific. It might be possible to make some phase-specific shortcuts work but that would probably be more confusing than its worth. I'll take a look.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to BlindGuyNW)
Post #: 2
RE: Keyboard shortcuts? - 11/20/2019 9:44:23 PM   
BlindGuyNW

Hey,

I'd appreciate any work that could be done in this area. I'm trying to figure out other ways to make this game easier to enjoy for the blind, and shortcuts seemed to be a reasonable way to do so.

ANother thing I was wondering about was event logging. Is there any way to access a more detailed log of what happens each phase? THere seems to be a ton of info provided in text form already, I particularly like the unit display, but, for instance, a log of where units are deployed in Setup phase would be nice. If something like this already exists, even if just for debugging purposes, I'd love to know about it.

THanks for being willing to look into any of this. :)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Keyboard shortcuts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI