Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship conversions for AI or not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ship conversions for AI or not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 1:33:51 AM   
azura987

Hi! I just read in the chapter of the manual concerning upgrades and conversions that the AI player doesn't do ship conversions, ever. Is that correct? I'm not always sure to understand what the manual says

< Message edited by azura987 -- 11/25/2019 1:34:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 3:01:02 AM   
PaxMondo

TBOMK (To The Best Of My Knowledge), this is correct. The AI doesn't know about conversions. Upgrades it will do as they are setup in the order they are setup.

When playing the AI, I will manually do conversions for the AI if they are needed. Since I play IJ against allied AI, there are very few that are needed as the allies have so much of everything.

Pax

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 2
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 4:06:17 AM   
Kull

Pax is correct. The AI will never do conversions.

As an aside, while researching the Kysushu type camo, I noticed that the xAKs could convert to the AK class, but also had an upgrade option to the same class at a later date. On first viewing that seems odd, but once again, the Devs knew what they were doing and included a "back door" for the AI, so that eventually it could "do the needful".

As always, Devs!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 4:45:02 AM   
azura987

well thanks for the quick replies. Is this true in all cases of scripted AIs of all scenarios, even updated and custom made ones? Are there ways to script an AI to make him do conversions?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 4
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 5:56:17 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: azura987

well thanks for the quick replies. Is this true in all cases of scripted AIs of all scenarios, even updated and custom made ones? Are there ways to script an AI to make him do conversions?

No.

Scripts have nothing to do with conversions or upgrades.

Alfred

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 5
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 9:47:36 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: azura987

You can probably just change conversion into upgrade, as Kull said. That way AI will convert during routine automatic upgrade.

(in reply to azura987)
Post #: 6
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 12:08:00 PM   
PaxMondo

If you make it an upgrade, then ALL units of that class will upgrade. In the case of a class change, probably NOT what you would want for the AI. Since playing the AI long term ALWAYS requires intervention, I would suggest that you simply make conversions as you deem best (I do). It works fine.

Pax

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 7
RE: ship conversions for AI or not? - 11/25/2019 12:33:32 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

If you make it an upgrade, then ALL units of that class will upgrade. In the case of a class change, probably NOT what you would want for the AI. Since playing the AI long term ALWAYS requires intervention, I would suggest that you simply make conversions as you deem best (I do). It works fine.

I beg to differ Pax.

My current scenario 40, Ironman Nasty Ported to Babes is on the March 6th, 1946 turn and I have never once loaded it up as the Japanese side.

Hans

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ship conversions for AI or not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI