Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME - 9/24/2019 12:00:51 AM   
pzgndr

Alright, v1.23.00 beta is available for download and playtesting. The 1812 campaign is included, for both classic EIA and alternate EIH versions. We (the EIA community here) need to determine how best to implement this scenario in this computer game version. Firstly, some excepts from the original rules:

quote:

14.5.3 EXISTING WARS AND TREATIES:
14.5.3.1 WARS: France is at war with Great Britain, Spain and Russia. Great Britain is also at war with the United States (see 8.2.1.2.2.2.2)
14.5.3.2 ALLIANCES: France is allied with Prussia. Great Britain is allied with Spain.
14.5.3.3 PEACE CONDITIONS AND AGREEMENTS: France has the Prussian I and Austrian I Corps on loan (see French forces for strengths) under peace condition B4 through September, 1812 for the Prussian corps and through January, 1813 for the Austrian corps. France has unconditional access through Prussia under peace condition C 5 and Prussia has also agreed to allow voluntary access to the French to garrison Konigsberg. Austria has granted voluntary access for any period to France that is the same as if peace condition C.5 applied. Russia and Turkey just concluded a war and have an enforced peace with each other prior to January, 1814. Peace condition C.8 has been applied to Austria. There is an enforced peace in effect between France and Prussia until March, 1813 and between France and Austria until July, 1813. France and Austria have a royal marriage (peace condition B.5).

14.5.4 FORCES SETUP: The major power's forces begin with these strengths

FRANCE:
A. Along The Russian Border:
(1) The Prussian I Corps with 10 Prussian I, 4 Prussian M and 1 Prussian C in the Konigsberg area
(2) The Austrian I Corps with 15 Austrian I and 1 Austrian C in the Lemberg area.

B. Forces in Spain:
(1) 1 corps with 16I, 9M and 3C and the SOULT leader in Andalusia province (in the Seville area and/or any Andalusian areas not containing Spanish corps).
(2) 1 corps with 4I, 3M and 1C in any area or areas of New Castile province
(3) 1 corps with 18I, 6M and 2C in Leon province (any area or areas other than the Cuidad Rodrigo area).
(4) 1 corps with 16I, 11M and 3C in any area or areas of Valencia and/or Aragon provinces.
(5) 1 corps with 12I, 8M and 1C in any area or areas of Catalonia province.
(6) 1 corps with 10I, 12M and 2C in any area or areas of Galicia, Leon (other than the Cuidad Rodrigo area) and/or Old Castile provinces

GREAT BRITAIN:
A. 2 corps and 1C corps with 26I and 4C and the Portuguese corps with 18 Portuguese I and 1 Portuguese C and the WELLINGTON and BERESFORD leaders in any area or areas in Portugal,
B. 1I each in Cuidad Rodrigo, Badajoz, Gibraltar, Malta, Corfu, Alexandria and Cairo.
C. 2I in Palermo.

SPAIN:
Spanish forces may be setup anywhere within Portugal, Majorca or Estremadura and/or Andalusia (except for the Seville area) provinces. Up to one depot each may be placed in an area with any Spanish corps or corps. Spain may setup 30 Gr factors (no more than 5 per province) anywhere within the Spanish home nation after the other players have completed their setups.

14.5.5 CONTROL:

GREAT BRITAIN:
B. Britain has controlled Portugal as a minor free state for over two years and, if used, option 12.3.2 applies to the Portuguese morale value.

SPAIN: Controls its home nation.

There are two major issues with this. One is the French use of Austrian and Prussian corps. The other is the situation in Spain. It would be most helpful if veteran players familiar with the 1812 scenario in the boardgame and also with the limitations of the computer version would offer suggestions for how best to proceed.

1. Since the game does not implement the original B.4 surrender condition where the victor has the use of a corps on loan for the next 12 months, and the fact that loaned corps are only possible between allies in this game and the loaned corps home nation must also be at war with whoever the victor wants to use them against, this just does not work. So what to do with the Austrian I Corps and Prussian I Corps? Some compromise is necessary, perhaps increasing the French and/or French allies starting strengths by the required Austrian and Prussian strengths. Trying to set Austria and Prussia as allies with France and at war with Russia does not seem right.

2. France is at war with Spain, and Spain is supposed to control all provinces in home nation. Setting up French forces in Spanish enemy-controlled provinces is a problem. Setting up British forces in proximity with French forces in the same province is also a problem. I have made some compromises, but I'm not exactly pleased with how the first turn plays out. Additionally, Spain cannot set up Guerrillas so they need to appear during the game turn per the rules. So again, some compromise is necessary with the setups and who controls what, at least so the first turn or two plays out without lopsided results to one player or the other. And perhaps some additional Spanish factors could offset the lack of Guerrillas.

The good news is the 1812 scenario is playable, setup bugs are fixed, and loaned corps issues mostly fixed (I think). We need to resolve these two issues above and make the scenario competitive for all players. Thoughts are welcome here, and I can make adjustments based on consensus for the v1.23.01 official release.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team
Post #: 1
RE: THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME - 10/16/2019 9:57:58 PM   
Maple Leaf

After upgrading to v1.23.1 I have begun playing the 1812 Classic Scenerio as France against A.I.
So far I've encountered the following issues:
1) Eco phase doesn't show up in June/Sept/Dec, etc - instead it's in August/Nov, etc
2) Reinforcements won't place on controlled minors that are out of their home nation, even thought they're within 1 hex of a supply depot.
3) As already noted, supply in Spain is dodgy, even when a proper supply chain is in place.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 2
RE: THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME - 11/25/2019 12:50:42 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

quote:

Since the game does not implement the original B.4 surrender condition where the victor has the use of a corps on loan for the next 12 months, and the fact that loaned corps are only possible between allies in this game and the loaned corps home nation must also be at war with whoever the victor wants to use them against, this just does not work. So what to do with the Austrian I Corps and Prussian I Corps? Some compromise is necessary, perhaps increasing the French and/or French allies starting strengths by the required Austrian and Prussian strengths. Trying to set Austria and Prussia as allies with France and at war with Russia does not seem right.

Well, in 1812 scenario and with loaned corps, all these are used if possible as cannon fodder for French Player n, so my better choices:
1.- Give French these factors by a multiplier (like x0.66) to be used for french corps
2.- Other: Convert these to minor corps forces of some minor (perhaps making one extra corp for some minor french controlled).
3.- Never give infantry to Prussia or Austria as compensation. That infantry, properly played, never goes to their hands.

quote:

France is at war with Spain, and Spain is supposed to control all provinces in home nation. Setting up French forces in Spanish enemy-controlled provinces is a problem. Setting up British forces in proximity with French forces in the same province is also a problem. I have made some compromises, but I'm not exactly pleased with how the first turn plays out. Additionally, Spain cannot set up Guerrillas so they need to appear during the game turn per the rules. So again, some compromise is necessary with the setups and who controls what, at least so the first turn or two plays out without lopsided results to one player or the other. And perhaps some additional Spanish factors could offset the lack of Guerrillas.

Well, i should study these more deeply, but some ideas,
1.- Spain has no control over all his provinces and this has sense. It will be a spanish control and french controlled provinces. I think it could be tweaked on province tables. This could be good, because spanish player should not use their not controlled provinces.
2.- Spain has full control of their provinces: Then, france should have peace condition of allowed pass and depots in the area
3.- Guerrilla issues: 1/2 guerrilla as militia for spanish player (15M)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME - 11/25/2019 9:30:26 PM   
pzgndr

I am inclined to give French minors more forces in lieu of Austrians and Prussians, and the Spanish more forces in lieu of Guerrillas. Unless someone strongly objects and offers a better solution.

The Spanish control issue is more tricky. I need to redo the French setups to at least have a home depot supply source and then position a valid depot chain to Madrid; the French depots in Spain are not providing supply. Some feedback from players who actually played the boardgame 1812 scenario with some better setup ideas would be most helpful. I've provided a mark on the wall for consideration, certainly not as an approved solution.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> THE 1812-1815 CAMPAIGN GAME Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI