Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Feature Request] I miss the old style log messages

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] I miss the old style log messages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Feature Request] I miss the old style log messages - 11/27/2019 2:05:01 AM   
gennyo

I'm used to the old C:MANO style message log, as I play C:MO as regular RTS and following multiple events in the log, especially weapon endgames (so I could command additional attacks to particular target which always dodges my shots), and it's colorful

The new log slide window is good, but I like to have the old one, so I use the "Message log in separate window" funtion in View Menu.

And here comes the problem: Whenever a new log entry generated, the main game window lost input focus. As my machines runs slow, any focus change (the most heavy one is changing from the log window to main window) makes my machine crawls.

So I hope for one or two changes in the log windows:

1. Don't steal focus from main game window whenever a new log entry appears in Raw text view for separated log window. If I have to choose between two, I would like having this one implemented.

2. Maybe we can have a raw text view option in the new slide window (and small font like interactive views and colorful catalogued text).

< Message edited by apache85 -- 11/28/2019 10:26:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I miss the old style log messages - 11/28/2019 3:20:32 AM   
Rory Noonan

Feature request added

(in reply to gennyo)
Post #: 2
RE: I miss the old style log messages - 11/29/2019 9:34:58 AM   
JamesHunt

Same here, I work with the seperate message log window because most times I need the non-filtered information flow and the seperate msg window can be resized. The described issue often leads to drop down menus disappearing, which can be very annoying.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 3
RE: I miss the old style log messages - 11/29/2019 11:34:17 AM   
serjames

I have to admit preferring the older style too. For my mind I'd like the newer style submenus window as a selected option. Like the OOB screen, on a hotkey, that you can bring up and down as an option. NOT the default view.

That's my 2p anyway :-)

One other issue with having to select "Message log in separate window" is that each time you load a save... it disappears, and you have no log at all. You need to go through the options menu and against select it and resize it etc.

(in reply to JamesHunt)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] I miss the old style log messages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI