Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error: scroll map in 1920x1080

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 - 11/29/2019 7:15:42 AM   
danimaning2

Hi.

I have a error in the map scroll with 1920x1080 resolution ONLY in the little scenarios (Guadalcanal, etc..), not in the full campaign. If i change the resolution to 1680x1050 the map is perfect.

If i scroll the map up or down, the map shakes to the right and left quickly. And it´s very annoying.

It´s any solution, please?

PD: I run the game with this extension: -skipVideo -cpu4 -altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -fd -px1920 -py1080 -SimpleCpuOrders

Thnks
Post #: 1
RE: Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 - 11/29/2019 10:44:26 AM   
geofflambert

You say the map is "perfect". Have you contacted Donald Trump to find out what that means?

Sorry. Somebody else knows.

(in reply to danimaning2)
Post #: 2
RE: Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 - 11/29/2019 11:32:13 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: danimaning2

Hi.

I have a error in the map scroll with 1920x1080 resolution ONLY in the little scenarios (Guadalcanal, etc..), not in the full campaign. If i change the resolution to 1680x1050 the map is perfect.

If i scroll the map up or down, the map shakes to the right and left quickly. And it´s very annoying.

It´s any solution, please?

PD: I run the game with this extension: -skipVideo -cpu4 -altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -deepColor -fd -px1920 -py1080 -SimpleCpuOrders

Thnks

The small scenarios do not use the full map, they use a portion of it. You can see it outlined on the jump map at the bottom right. Scrolling cannot go beyond the borders set for the scenario and might cause the jumping effect if try to scroll further.

The other thing that sometimes causes jumping/jerky scrolling is too much information on display. If, for example, you used the F6 key to display hex sides, and the then the keys to show range circles for aircraft and ships, then add the Z key to show patrol zones, you have added a series of overlays that have to be recalculated for each hex you move the map. Very hard on the graphics processor.

One final thought - if you have left your switch set to -CPU1, that is the part of your CPU that Windows uses and it can be overwhelmed by trying to run the game while Windows is doing its things. I had to set my switch to -CPU3 to ensure the game had a dedicated part of the CPU. Some people use -CPU 4 instead of 3.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 3
RE: Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 - 11/29/2019 11:45:02 AM   
Trugrit

I had the same problem with the Guadalcanal scenario.

BBfanboy is correct in that this is a boundary issue.
The jump box is larger than the scenario boundary and that causes it to jump.

That can be fixed by slightly increasing the scenario boundary on the right side.
That is done with the editor.

I don’t how familiar you are with the editor but this is a simple fix and I can walk you through
it if you want to give it a try.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Error: scroll map in 1920x1080 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI