Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What am I doing Wrong (WWII Campaign)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What am I doing Wrong (WWII Campaign) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What am I doing Wrong (WWII Campaign) - 5/16/2000 1:06:00 AM   
miche

I have tried at least 10 times to play the WWII campaign as th germans start Sept 39 or Oct 39, East front. Every time the game fails to assign any polish forces. What am I doing wrong ?? Is there something I need to install seperately ? This has happened on 2 different machines Wiun98 and Win2k with an install of Lite and one from the full CD download. Any help will be gladly appreciated. I real really want to play this campaign!! Miche

Post #: 1
- 5/16/2000 1:14:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by miche: I have tried at least 10 times to play the WWII campaign as th germans start Sept 39 or Oct 39, East front. Every time the game fails to assign any polish forces. [snip] Miche
How many units/formations do you have in your core force? I believe that a post elsewhere stated that there is a 100/400 (or was it 400/100?) limit for THE GAME, not for each side. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 2
- 5/16/2000 1:15:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

This seems to be a bug, try starting out past Poland, we are working on it !

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 3
- 5/16/2000 1:17:00 AM   
miche

I have way less than either number less than one screen. everything works fine but there is NO opposition. You can move, you can capture objective hexes, but no Poles.

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 4
- 5/16/2000 1:26:00 AM   
miche

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: This seems to be a bug, try starting out past Poland, we are working on it !
Thanks Paul, I was a bit worried there for a while! I will try starting with France or Africa then! miche

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 5
- 5/16/2000 2:14:00 AM   
shuttleman

I had the same problem with the U.S. The first two times out Italy didn't show up to the party. After that it was ok.

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 6
- 5/16/2000 2:17:00 AM   
Larry Holt

What if they gave a war and only one side came? ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 7
- 5/16/2000 2:49:00 AM   
Jon Grasham

hmmm, Guess THAT time around, the Poles used the strategy of passive resistance... making the assumption that if no one showed up to fight, the Germans would get bored, and just go somewhere else to invade. From the sounds of it, it worked too! :-)

?

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 8
- 5/16/2000 1:05:00 PM   
pauls

This also happened to me playing the Russians against the Finns. However, you can get this exact problem by not clicking on DONE and clicking EXIT instead. I think that is what I did originally. Going back and making sure I clicked DONE seemed to assign the Finnish troops. Paul

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 9
- 5/16/2000 4:29:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Strange. I'm fighting the Finns with the Soviets and no problems yet except trying to deal with Finnish Ski troops with green conscrips who faint at the sound of gunfire. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to miche)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What am I doing Wrong (WWII Campaign) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI