Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

help using editor to make test scen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> help using editor to make test scen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
help using editor to make test scen - 12/3/2019 12:05:55 PM   
obvert

Hi all,

I could probably figure all of this out eventually, as I know I've done it a few years ago, but I thought asking a few here might be the best option.

I'm building an air test scenario and wanted to add a bunch of different air groups with planes from all generations to test whenever needed. I started with a Grand Campaign Seen 1 just to have access to all of the air groups, ships and devices. I restricted the map to areas around the Home Islands and gave the Kuriles to the Allies with massively built and supplied bases. The map is fine, the bases work, the ships are in place and filled up with the right air groups, so that is all fine. But ...

1. When I set date to 0 or to a date before the scenario begins for the air groups I still don't see them appear in the correct bases. What am I missing?

2. How do I fill the pilot pool with experts for all types of planes/skills?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Post #: 1
RE: help using editor to make test scen - 12/3/2019 1:26:58 PM   
inqistor

1. I would have to check actual behavior, but first make sure, that you have Home Bases for both sides on the restricted map. Otherwise airgroups behave weirdly.

2. You can't. Skill is only generated based on pilot starting exp, and his plane type.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2
RE: help using editor to make test scen - 12/3/2019 4:03:27 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

1. I would have to check actual behavior, but first make sure, that you have Home Bases for both sides on the restricted map. Otherwise airgroups behave weirdly.

2. You can't. Skill is only generated based on pilot starting exp, and his plane type.

Ok. I think I have this. Just in case, where do I set home bases?

So I guess if I want pilots I need to set air groups to 80 exp for different types and then plunder them later for other groups. That should work and it's what I've done before. Just wondering if there was another way.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 3
RE: help using editor to make test scen - 12/3/2019 4:20:51 PM   
obvert

I just checked, added home bases, which I hadn't realised were not in there, and suddenly the air groups showed up! Thanks!

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 4
RE: help using editor to make test scen - 12/3/2019 8:23:48 PM   
inqistor

You can probably generate some pilots in Pilots tab, with high experience, and no air group. That should work, in theory...

You just need one for every plane type, and then just clone them in excel spreadsheet. But just putting no-names in Group will do it faster :)
What about National Average (Scenario Tab-Pilots)? If you change it to 80, fresh recruits should behave same, as those starting in Airgroup.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5
RE: help using editor to make test scen - 12/4/2019 12:20:55 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

You can probably generate some pilots in Pilots tab, with high experience, and no air group. That should work, in theory...

You just need one for every plane type, and then just clone them in excel spreadsheet. But just putting no-names in Group will do it faster :)
What about National Average (Scenario Tab-Pilots)? If you change it to 80, fresh recruits should behave same, as those starting in Airgroup.

I've just created some larger airdrops with level 80 pilots for all types so I can pull them and create a pool. I really only need 100-150 so this should be fine. It's just a bit more clicking so I'd wondered if there was another way to do it. I think all ways add some clicks.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> help using editor to make test scen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI