Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Partisan Strategy Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Partisan Strategy Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Partisan Strategy Question - 12/4/2019 5:59:59 PM   
jcrohio

How are you guys handling garrisons for Partisans?

In France I have garrisoned all the ports, large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles).

I have no garrisons in Poland and up until now (January 1942) no partisan activity.

In Denmark, Luxemburg, Netherland, Greece, Yugoslavia, and Belgium I have garrisoned all large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles).

In Norway I have garrisoned all five ports.

Russia is my big question because of the possibility of actual Partisan units.
1. Do I try to garrison so that every rail hex is covered by a division zone of control? This seems like an awful amount of units but does eliminate any partisan activity.

2. Do I garrison every large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles) and every railroad junction? Much less units but now there will be a lot of partisan activity.

Is there a strategy I am missing?

Thanks for any help

Jack

Post #: 1
RE: Partisan Strategy Question - 12/4/2019 6:09:16 PM   
AlbertN

Green circles are Morale Cities. No need to specifically garrison them.
You need not to garrison Yugoslavia or Luxembourg.

In Russia if you can spare troops for you should garrison every port - every brown numbered city you seize - and put in ZoC of division at least 1 rail segment that leads to the front to be in good supply.

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Partisan Strategy Question - 12/4/2019 6:10:05 PM   
tyronec

It depends on how things are going in the game.

Suggest you only garrison in the West to protect against counter invasion.

In Russia/Yugoslavia garrison production centers and what you need to do on the rail lines to protect supply to the front line. So every 4th hex on whatever rail lines you need. Use Allied divisions, and build lots of them.

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 3
RE: Partisan Strategy Question - 12/6/2019 3:10:15 PM   
jcrohio

Sorry this took so long. Thanks to both of you. Gives me some ideas.

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 4
RE: Partisan Strategy Question - 12/6/2019 3:30:12 PM   
Essro

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

How are you guys handling garrisons for Partisans?

In France I have garrisoned all the ports, large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles).

I have no garrisons in Poland and up until now (January 1942) no partisan activity.

In Denmark, Luxemburg, Netherland, Greece, Yugoslavia, and Belgium I have garrisoned all large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles).

In Norway I have garrisoned all five ports.

Russia is my big question because of the possibility of actual Partisan units.
1. Do I try to garrison so that every rail hex is covered by a division zone of control? This seems like an awful amount of units but does eliminate any partisan activity.

2. Do I garrison every large urban cities (green circles) and urban production cities (brown circles) and every railroad junction? Much less units but now there will be a lot of partisan activity.

Is there a strategy I am missing?

Thanks for any help

Jack

Norway, Denmark, France and the low countries: I garrison the coast against invasion. Partisan units will not appear in these countries.

I use the Italians to garrison the Balkans.

In USSR, I garrison cities such as Riga, Odessa, etc.

But the main effort is garrisons along critical rail lines at rail junctions.

I use axis minors split into divisions and use their countries rail to zip them around to assist each other. I augment this force of axis minors with essentially a german corps (split into divs) for each "army group" assuming I have roughly 4 AGs (North, Center, South, and A/Ukraine). So I use about 12 German divs, 6 Hun, 6-9 Rum. The german units are on rotation with units from France. Once they deteriorate to a point I send them to France for some R&R.

Attack partisans last so as not to use up any nearby air units set to support (you want those available for main effort). Try to hit any partisan units with at least two divs. They almost never survive.

It is a minor upkeep that, on average, I spend about 2-3 minutes per turn.

Be wary of people freaking about partisans. They were just barely (arguably) out of control on release but Alvaro adjusted it and the only folks who complain are usually...what's the word...ummm a little too pro-German OR perfectionists that get triggered because it doesn't match their world view.

Judging from screenshots I've seen, some folks are spending waaaaaaay too much effort in perfecting a supply line. (Even if a supply line is compromised, it would take some serious mismanagement for that to last more than a turn--and the impact of that is almost minimal enough to ignore).

If you find yourself crying about how "hard" partisan are, or how "unfair" it is to the Germans...go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure as it might be more suitable.

Having said that, I still think partisans should spawn in rugged terrain only but other than that, I feel it's pretty close to what it should be.

Keep calm and carry on.

< Message edited by Essro -- 12/6/2019 8:11:46 PM >

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Partisan Strategy Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI