Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:01:40 PM   
joelmar

Hi everyone,

2020-04-29 - I just posted a new version of the Report Engine that is fully compatible with patch v1.12 and it now imports all the new data. This version is also backward compatible, so if you have games in 1.11.03, you can still import those CR CSVs.

If you are updating and already had games in 1.12 that you had created in the old Report Engine, I advise you to delete them and reimport, since you will also get the new data. If you want to get the best information possible on enemy units, you must import a CR csv exported after you made your recon, or at the end of the turn when all possible recon by air and ground units will have been done. That said, there is no need to reimport turns exported from 1.11.03. So only delete turns in 1.12.xx and reimport them.

What I do now in the Engine Report is I create one game for csv exports at the beginning of the turn, and another one for the end of the turn, so I can compare between the 2 easily.

Please refer to the link below to download. To install, simply overwrite the files in your wamp www directory with the content of the .zip file ("Wite-report-engine_v2.1.zip"). I also updated the readme.txt file contained in the .zip.

New features:
v 2.1
-Added new data available in the Commander Report's csv export (battles, factories, aircrafts_opponents, airgroups_opponents, locations, units_opponents). You will find the in the raw reports section.
-Added X and Y range selectors to raw data reports in which X and Y coordinates are available. This gives the possibility of selecting a square area of the map.
-Added new data to the "Units stats analysis from turn to turn" section

v 1.4
-Added search filters in the Raw data tables
-Added "Unit stats analysis from turn to turn" feature, including a line graph following the progression of the unit stats.

v 1.3
fixed wrong averages

v 1.2
-added a new interactive and sortable report with averages and sums of subordinates by HQ's
-added "line" chart for the values on the "Game" page

For others please read on :-)

following the lead of the spreadsheets heroes (fetmun, Telemecus to name a few), being a web developper, I have decided a while back to develop a PHP/LAMP parsing engine using a mySQL database to help ease the burden of importing the data for spreadsheet treatment. This has evolved in a full reporting engine with data organised in pages listing games and turns and the different reports.

Main features are:

-a Unit stats analysis from turn to turn, by example giving you the ability to understand how supply, wins, losses, fatigue affect morale and experience

-an improved OOB with organisational diagrams of HQ's with their subordinate units (SU and CU)

-sortable tables of each RAW data section contained in the Commander Report CSV export (units, airgroups, leaders etc.), easily accessible on a turn basis.

TO INSTALL and use it, you need to install a LAMP (or WAMP) web server on your PC first, but it's not rocket science. There is a detailed installation readme file in the .zip package.

Thanks to EvK who graciously created a spot for it in his Ressources Library, where it can be downloaded from a folder in his Google Drive.

For those who do install it, make sure to check this post often as I will update it each time I release updates for the app.

UPDATE NOTES:

If you already installed the program, simply overwrite the application files you copied at point #6 in the INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (in the Readme file) with the content of the present .zip file.

IMPORTANT: You will need to run the following database update file:

http://localhost/app/scripts/db_install/update_to_2_1.php

LINK TO DOWNLOAD, I really hope you guys enjoy it and that it will help you play!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10o-5upYigcqgUwcKtuihqH2qjVOYrgIU

LAST UPDATE: 2020/04/29

< Message edited by joelmar -- 4/30/2020 12:07:39 AM >

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio
Post #: 1
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:18:40 PM   
Telemecus

Worth being repeated here!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I have already told Joelmar that I saw a piece of software to create similar organograms being sold to a company for a six figure sum. So do not underestimate what would be the commercial value of what is being done here. Joelmar deserves high praise for what he is contributing here.

I have already generated a few reports for the 8MP game with this. But the interesting point for me is this could be a real framework for automating a lot of the spreadsheets and charts I and others do. And do it in a robust way that once coded does not need a spreadsheet nerd to repeat. I am excited by this as I can see the potential it has for being expanded to many other uses. WitP has a tracker - why does not WitE?

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 2
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:26:02 PM   
joelmar

Thank you Telemecus, it is indeed exciting and I hope will help to cover a big hole in this game that I otherwise love!

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 4:26:35 PM   
Telemecus

Screenshot of the engine uploaded on behalf of Joelmar

Attachment (1)

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 4
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 7:31:46 PM   
Bamilus

looks sweet, I love big data. Will have to check it out

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 9:37:52 PM   
thedoctorking

Do you have to start from turn 1? Let's say I have an ongoing game that I want to start reporting on.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 6
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 9:40:22 PM   
fritzfarlig

working perfect +1

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 7
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/2/2019 4:16:20 PM   
joelmar

@thedoctorking: sadly yes, you have to start from turn 1. Permitting to start from later turns would have created holes in the program that I didn't want to deal with. And to be honest, I started on premisses that people would already have all their turns CSV exports available for games already in late stages. Data import in the Report engine is really fast and easy, so importing a lot of CSV's is not long, a matter of a few minutes and a little patience. But I see the problem if you don't have those Commander Report CSV exports already available in a folder somewhere.

@fritzfarlig: happy that you had no problem installing and like it! Updates are forthcoming, so keep track of this post!

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 8
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 12:14:09 AM   
joelmar

Hello all, please note that I just released an update, and I updated this thread's original post, please refer to it for more info :-)

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 9
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 6:31:46 AM   
fritzfarlig

quote:

ORIGINAL: joelmar

Hello all, please note that I just released an update, and I updated this thread's original post, please refer to it for more info :-)

no problems to start up the program
it s a super thing
where can I find the update and can I still working with my old data, but ok I still have all the reports

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 10
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 1:48:20 PM   
joelmar

@fritzfarlig: Yes, you can work with old data. I won't do any updates that don't keep the old data, no worry for that.

The update is the new report "OOB by HQ's". It can be found in the turn reports page with the other reports.

Post #: 11
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/14/2019 4:13:58 PM   
joelmar

I just posted an update with a correction of the averages. They are now weighted by number of men in a unit. Thanks to Telemecus for pointing me a better calculation method.

Please refer to the original post of this thread for the download link.

< Message edited by joelmar -- 5/14/2019 4:14:42 PM >

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 12
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/6/2019 6:03:56 PM   
joelmar

I just posted a new update (v1.04) including:

-added filters to the Raw data table helping to refine the list to see only desired units.
-added a new Unit statistics analysis tool, including a graph showing the evolution of the choosen unit statistics (morale, exp, TOE, supply etc...) over the turns in which they were on the map.

Please refer to the original post of this thread for the download link.

I hope you guys enjoy!

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 13
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/6/2019 6:24:06 PM   
fritzfarlig

so beautiful so beautiful

Attachment (1)

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 14
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/6/2019 6:28:12 PM   
joelmar

My pleasure and thank you Fritzfarlig!!! :-)

Thanks also for the print screen, I still don't have privileges enough in the forum to upload pictures!

Post #: 15
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/7/2019 6:53:55 PM   
jswhite1

You are the man! Thanks!

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 16
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/9/2019 1:45:30 AM   
joelmar

My pleasure jswhite1!!! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

(in reply to jswhite1)
Post #: 17
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 12/9/2019 3:34:40 PM   
joelmar

@everyone who reads this:

anyone with PHP/mySQL knowledge that would be interested in helping me is welcome to do so. Please PM me if there is interest.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 18
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 1/7/2020 3:09:50 PM   
jswhite1

Hi Joelmar,

When clicking on the Reports button for a turn...in the list one of them is 'OOB Raw'. But when you open it the title of it is 'Inventory'. Should the list be corrected to reflect that or am I missing something...LOL

Thanks again for the awesome program.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 19
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 1/8/2020 6:59:45 PM   
joelmar

Hi jswhite1,

thanks for your input and nice comments :-)

That is kind of by purpose. All the raw reports are using the same display script and are simply a reflection of an underlying table in the database. The name you see in the raw report page is the name of the table, which is grabbed by the code. I named the link to that page raw OOB because it seemed to me easier to understand what is in the raw report than 'Inventory'. But if you think that is confusing, I may change the link to "raw Inventory" for the next release. Which is not planned at the moment but may come when I get a little time.

(in reply to jswhite1)
Post #: 20
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 4/13/2020 10:49:27 PM   
eskuche

Just found this thanks to Telemecus. Saved me a lot of time for looking at unit stats turn-to-turn, thanks!

There seems to be an issue with OOB by HQ's. Not sure if this is 1.12 related?
I get an error: ( ! ) Notice: Undefined variable: infantry in C:\wamp64\www\app\classes\objects\wite_data_objects\HQs.php on line 442

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 21
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 4/13/2020 10:56:23 PM   
joelmar

My pleasure!!!

It was created under 1.11.03, and I found out a while ago that to my great surprise it still works under 1.12.xx even if there were many changes to the CR export.

But I had few files to test and I thought it was all correct, but we switched t version in 2x3+ on turn 56 2 days ago, and I got all kinds of bugs trying to import turn 57.

Anyway, I just finished another project and I was now already planning to work on a debugged version for 1.12.04 and hopefully 1.12.05 too! Hopefully done by next week or the week after.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 22
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 4/13/2020 11:14:55 PM   
eskuche

Great! Since you're going to be working on it, I'm not sure if I missed it or if it's not featured, but it would be really nice to be able to follow airgroup stats like for ground units.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 23
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 4/13/2020 11:18:56 PM   
joelmar

I had started work on it, but it's a lot of work and and got put off by the news of coming new patch and the uncertainty as to wether it would mean that it's all broken and I have to rewrite it all...

but that's not the case so I might resume working on it... but so many things, so little time!!!

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 24
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 4/29/2020 11:59:24 PM   
joelmar

Hello everyone, I just posted an update for the Report Engine, now fully compatible with 1.12.xx!!! It was about time! lol!

Go at the beginning of the thread to download new files.

Enjoy!

< Message edited by joelmar -- 4/30/2020 2:07:47 AM >

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI