Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

staff promoted "twice"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> staff promoted "twice" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
staff promoted "twice" - 12/11/2019 3:40:32 PM   
catweasel

@Surtur

Here the attached save game. Please take a look at following units:

4th Platoon Wpns Platoon HQ
-> I used this unit max. 2-3 times, but "Maldonado" shows 26 battles fought and two promotions to 1st Lt

or

Company HQ
- Bush shows promoted to Sgt twice

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: staff promoted "twice" - 12/11/2019 4:58:13 PM   
catweasel

Just gave 1.0.7 a fresh try, and I see some issues with promotion here as well:

I fought two battles in the "first blood" operation, using 1st platoon (first battle, heavy casulties) and 2nd platoon (1 casulty, won all objectives), then the operation has been completed.

When I check the company, 2nd Platoon HQ's Lt Perez wasn't promoted (was in 2nd battle), but 3rd Platoon Lt. Wagner (0 battles!) was promoted to 1st Lt.

Save game attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to catweasel)
Post #: 2
RE: staff promoted "twice" - 12/11/2019 5:07:44 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Thank you for the save game file, will take a look.

EDIT: I looked the save file and I did not see any double promotions. I will continue to investigate that part, but the rest looks as expected.

How promotions work:

Promotion checks happen at the start of each new operation. They don't happen between battles in an operation.

If the soldier is in a position where his rank is less than the minimum rank for the position he'll get promoted to the minimum rank. So if a Private becomes acting squad leader due to losses he'll be promoted to Sergeant at the start of the next operation.

If a soldier is in a position that can have a range of ranks, and they're not already at the maximum rank, they may be promoted if their leadership + achievements reaches a minimum threshold for the next rank up. US Platoon Leader can be 2nd Lt or 1st Lt.

In your game Perez didn't get any kills or acts of bravery and his leadership isn't quite high enough to get the promotion. Wagner's leadership was high enough to get promoted to 1st Lt even though he didn't see action. If you go to the soldier screen and click back and forth between 2nd Platoon HQ and 3rd Platoon HQ you can see there's a noticeable difference in leadership.

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 12/11/2019 5:55:41 PM >

(in reply to catweasel)
Post #: 3
RE: staff promoted "twice" - 12/15/2019 8:31:46 PM   
catweasel

Thanks, Steve - Seems to be clear for the 2nd save game I attached.

If you can have a look at the first one again, I see some "double promotions" (Sgt twice in multiple units) and e.g. here, with wrong count of battles:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> staff promoted "twice" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI