Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lingering questions: Special forces & static

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Lingering questions: Special forces & static Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lingering questions: Special forces & static - 12/13/2019 8:48:02 AM   
SaintEx

I have an old question and a new one. I've played the game a number of times (against AI) and although I almost always attach special forces to an invasion, they never seem to land. I know, there has to be an eligible hex, and the SF unit has to be attached to the amphibious HQ, but they never seem to land anyway. I've tried converting them, leaving them whole, etc. but they just never seem to want to join in. Any ideas?

Now for the new question...

As of a recent update, there are now static infantry units in the UK. This is good, I always felt bad and historically ashamed of stripping the UK of ground forces in '43 to go fight in Italy. However, these units are mostly parked in important ports (Liverpool, Southampton, etc). My current game is only in October '43 but since I've already captured Rome and will be pushing to the Gothic line now, I thought I'd move a couple of amphibious HQs to the UK and prep a corps for invasion (maybe the SF will land if there's 100% prep? Worth a test). Anyway, I realize that with a static division in a port there's no room for an amphibious HQ and two ground units. Is there any way to move these? Do they move on their own after a while?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Lingering questions: Special forces & static Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI