Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/15/2019 2:33:49 PM   
Misty99

I bought Flashpoint Germany and Germany Reforged in the sale a few days ago. I know the border aerea of Mellrichstadt and Fladungen well, because I were in the BGS (German Borderguards) in the 1980´s. We were patroling this border aerea very often and sometimes together with patrols from the 2./11th Cav from Camp Lee in Wollbach.

http://www.eaglehorse.org/border_mission/border_surveillance_mission/border_surv_msn.htm#Bundesgrenzschutz_-%C2%A0The_German_Federal_Border_Agency

When I tried the scen. Eyes, Ears and Teeth, which is located near Hammelburg (where I lived once), I realized, that a wrong map is used. Where can I find the correct map?
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/15/2019 7:28:12 PM   
Hub6Actual

So you are looking for the area around Wollsbach then? If so, there is depuy19620105 that covers Bad Neustadt north to Bettenhausen, and Red Storm 1, which covers the area from Bad Neustadt to about 15 km East. Wollsbach is on both of those maps.

(in reply to Misty99)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/15/2019 9:38:40 PM   
Misty99

I found Wollbach and Bad Neustadt. I am looking for the Hammelburg map in that scenario. It´s described as the Hammelburg aerea in the scen. briefing.

(in reply to Hub6Actual)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/16/2019 1:09:24 AM   
Hub6Actual

I’m not sure I have all the maps, but I have a very large number of them. The closest I got to Hammelburg in any of them was about 60 km, as near as I could tell.

(in reply to Misty99)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/16/2019 12:30:08 PM   
CapnDarwin

CS 2 Red Storm is the map the scenario has been on since release back in 2014 and it is the area north-east of Marburg. Not sure if we messed up the map or if the map was right and the scenario info was not updated.

I'll chat with the guys tonight and see if we can get an answer. Sorry for the confusion.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Hub6Actual)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/16/2019 2:08:45 PM   
Misty99

A hint for the maps: In the Meiningen - Bad Neustadt aerea, the Highway A71 didn´t exist in the 1980´s. It was build about 12 years later and opened in 2005. The Mainroad to the border was the B19 which went from Bad Kissingen to Bad Neustadt, Heustreu, Unsleben, Mittelstreu, Oberstreu, Mellrichstadt and then to the border direction Meiningen.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/16/2019 10:29:26 PM   
WildCatNL

Hi Misty99,

thanks for sharing your background and feedback.

The Red Storm maps don't cover Hammelburg. I have included an overview map of the Red Storm and Germany REFORGED areas.
The Red Storm map areas are in red. The Germany REFORGED areas in purple (basically the large Eiterfeld map, and the Lauterbach map we used at the ORIGINS 2018 convention).

As you've noticed, the road network on the Red Storm maps reflects modern day Germany.
For the Germany REFORGED expansion, we had the manpower to create true 1989 maps - you'll find the BGS Kaserne in Huenfeld on the map, the B84 main road still using the old trajectory, and the railroad track from Huenfeld to Eiterfeld (nowadays the 'Kegelspiel Radweg' bikepath).

For the upcoming Southern Storm, we are aiming to create 1989 maps again, reflecting the 1989 road network, railways, military installations, and the occasional highway airstrip (NLP).
Southern Storm also won't visit Hammelburg. But it might touch familiar territory for you.

William

Attachment (1)

William

(in reply to Misty99)
Post #: 7
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/17/2019 9:56:23 AM   
Misty99

Hi WildCatNL,

thanks for the answer. I´m still learning the game mechanics. I joined the BGS in 1977 and were stationed for 20 years in the BGS Kaserne in Oerlenbach near Bad Kissingen (2./11th Cav).
For Southern Storm at that time, there were BGS Kasernen in Coburg, Bayreuth, Schwandorf, Nabburg, Deggendorf and Rosenheim.

(in reply to WildCatNL)
Post #: 8
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/17/2019 12:29:44 PM   
Mad Russian

The map error would be mine.

I'm not sure how this happened exactly. When I make scenarios for the game I either use one of the maps that we have that already covers the area in question or I make a new map and have William work his majic on it.

The fact that this scenario has a map that doesn't fit the situation doesn't fit that template. I have no idea how that situation occurred and it's been years now since I released that scenario so I'm at a total loss.

All I can tell you is that I'm the reason it's wrong and I'll check with William to see what we can do to rectify the problem.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Misty99)
Post #: 9
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/17/2019 10:06:33 PM   
Misty99

Yes, no problem.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 10
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/26/2019 11:53:26 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: WildCatNL
For the upcoming Southern Storm, we are aiming to create 1989 maps again, reflecting the 1989 road network, railways, military installations, and the occasional highway airstrip (NLP).
Southern Storm also won't visit Hammelburg. But it might touch familiar territory for you.

Can you share what areas are being mapped for SS scenarios? I have a particular interest in the Bayreuth area back to Nuremburg. 1st Armd Div '87-'90.

(in reply to WildCatNL)
Post #: 11
RE: Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth - 12/26/2019 12:44:38 PM   
CapnDarwin

I can't get into all the areas yet, but I believe there is a map in that general area.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario: Eyes, Ears and Teeth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI