Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interesting things in an Allied game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Interesting things in an Allied game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interesting things in an Allied game - 12/19/2019 7:22:17 PM   
Ruatha

Just a few curious things that have happened in a game I am playing as Allied- my apologies if they have been reported previously.

In this game Italy came in early for some reason- like in the fall of 1939 or very early 1940- and this allowed me to clean the Italians out of North Africa before the invasion of France. By early 1942 I was at a more or less stalemate in France with the Axis very gradually grinding away mostly at the French troops. The Allies still held Parios. In addition to taking Libya, the Allies had also invaded Sicily and Sardinia successfully.

Around mid 1942 I landed some US troops in France to bolster the defence there. France surrendered at the end of that turn- I had not been watching their morale, perhaps they lost enough troops to get their morale down. Paris at the time was garrisoned by UK troops. Vichy was formed, and a bunch of Axis units were displaced behind Allies lines in the Cotentin peninsula and related areas. And Afrika Korps appeared in Tripoli, which had been in Allied hands for over a year. I did note that as I frantically repositioned troops to try to deal with the Africa Korps that the units did not move over the course of several turns.

Not sure how much of this is working as intended, and how much of it is bugs. Still having lots of fun- The Axis were badly out of position when the Soviets joined the war, and I am enjoying pocketing and destroying the advance Axis Armour units, and invading and conquering Romania!
Post #: 1
RE: Interesting things in an Allied game - 12/20/2019 3:09:33 AM   
ago1000

Europe 1939 Campaign: If Algiers or any of the three non-Alpine border hexes in the Alps are left empty of French troops then Italy will declare war early. I'm assuming you are playing the Europe 1939 Campaign.

< Message edited by ago1000 -- 12/20/2019 3:10:47 AM >

(in reply to Ruatha)
Post #: 2
RE: Interesting things in an Allied game - 12/20/2019 9:11:40 PM   
Ruatha

Hmmm checked my saved games and that does not appear to be the case for Italy, but I am short one save, I had two units garrisoned up and one live, perhaps I moved the live one

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Interesting things in an Allied game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI