Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steam Version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Steam Version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steam Version - 12/21/2019 2:52:57 PM   
kevinkins

I am showing Version 1.00.11158 which almost a month ago. Is this correct? Or did I miss an update along the way?

Thanks guys.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 1
RE: Steam Version - 12/21/2019 3:11:44 PM   
xan2622

If you want to update CMO to the 1121.3 (beta) version:

On Steam:
- right click on Command Modern Operations > Properties
- BETAS tab > Choose "Beta Open Beta"

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: Steam Version - 12/21/2019 3:15:48 PM   
daveoreno

Perhaps you are looking at the version number that appears at the top right corner of the steam launcher.
that number does not change. instead look for the version number at the bottom of the load/menu screen.

Dave

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by daveoreno -- 12/21/2019 3:16:26 PM >

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: Steam Version - 12/21/2019 3:50:08 PM   
kevinkins

Thanks guys. Maybe I need a another coffee, but Dave where is the "load/menu screen"? I am not familiar with that one. But anyway, is Steam still on 1.00.11158? Based on the picture above that appears to be the case. I guess the real question is what version should we be designing and testing scenarios for the Community on? The Steam version, if it is 1.00.11158, is ancient history given the numerous fixes the past several weeks. Ideally, we would design off of official builds not betas. But CMO is so new, maybe that is not the best way to design at the moment. Maybe I am wrong, but it appears a player's experience with a scenario will depend highly on which version of CMO that have installed. At least in the early days. A year from now, not so much of an issue.

Kevin

< Message edited by kevinkins -- 12/21/2019 3:53:44 PM >

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to daveoreno)
Post #: 4
RE: Steam Version - 12/21/2019 5:39:30 PM   
daveoreno

Hi Kevin,
The load/menu screen I'm referring to is what you see after you click on the play button in my screenshot ( rotating globe graphic and play options) If you are on steam then your version will likely have already updated at least once since release day.

Dave

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 5
RE: Steam Version - 12/21/2019 11:31:15 PM   
TYHo

Ooooo thanks! Didn't know abt this...

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 6
RE: Steam Version - 12/22/2019 3:21:30 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkins

Thanks guys. Maybe I need a another coffee, but Dave where is the "load/menu screen"? I am not familiar with that one. But anyway, is Steam still on 1.00.11158? Based on the picture above that appears to be the case. I guess the real question is what version should we be designing and testing scenarios for the Community on? The Steam version, if it is 1.00.11158, is ancient history given the numerous fixes the past several weeks. Ideally, we would design off of official builds not betas. But CMO is so new, maybe that is not the best way to design at the moment. Maybe I am wrong, but it appears a player's experience with a scenario will depend highly on which version of CMO that have installed. At least in the early days. A year from now, not so much of an issue.

Kevin

The good news is that it doesn't really matter what game version you design a scenario on, at least not at the scale of changes we have seen since CMO release day. If the scenario is totally dependent on a particular mechanic that is changed it could upset balance, but the scenario itself will run fine--and when I say a mechanic that is changed, I mean something like the introduction of the CoW features or a large and pivotal new feature, not bug fixes and tweaks.

As an example, I develop scenarios on a bunch of different versions of CMO/CMANO from PE to betas to retail to Steam to CMANO for GameBoy(TM). So far the only issues have been due to me making mistakes, not mixing versions of the programs.

The only real constraint is that scenarios created in CMO cannot be loaded into CMANO.

DB updates have far more impact, but that again is mitigated by the system of manually upgrading scenarios to the latest DB, which allows you to roll back if there's issues.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 7
RE: Steam Version - 12/22/2019 9:37:05 AM   
Capocarro94

Confirm that steam version is update to 1.00.11158 version, right?

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 8
RE: Steam Version - 12/22/2019 12:28:02 PM   
Eggstor

Officially, the Steam, and Matrix, version is 1.00.11158 (aka build 1115.8). The last few *beta* builds (the 1121.x series) have not been released through the Steam/Matrix auto-updaters yet. The Steam launcher (see above) will still report the old version as it (apparently) reads that from the Steam server, but the main loader screen (the one that actually allows you to start or continue a scenario/campaign) will say "Build 1121.x" at the bottom of that screen as it reads the local version.

(in reply to Capocarro94)
Post #: 9
RE: Steam Version - 12/22/2019 12:33:38 PM   
kevinkins

Ok, I see that now at the bottom of the initial menu screen. Looks like Steam is at 1.00.11158.1 Thanks again.

I would like to see Steam updated to incorporate: "FIXED: #13480: "Unit is Damaged" Trigger goes off multiple times for the same unit"
This fix is from public beta Build 1121.2. I am still finding the tigger going off too much with my Steam. So it looks like the fixed has not made it over to the Steam version. I know players can update to the public betas. But for whatever reason they do not, the automated scoring system for a whole bunch of scenarios could be affected if some players are only relying on Steam auto updates. Again, this is not an big issue down the line months from now. But in the early days, a fix like #13480 is an important one when you designing with units like ships or infrastructure which are difficult to outright destroy.

Kevin

― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Capocarro94)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Steam Version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI