Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfriendly vessel?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfriendly vessel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfriendly... - 12/21/2019 6:04:15 AM   
TYHo

Hi everyone, how would you use lua to simulate VBSS on to a unfriendly vessel and taking control of it? E.g. helo remains in an area for 1min, and the vessel would then change to player side? Thanks!

< Message edited by TYHo -- 12/21/2019 6:09:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/21/2019 9:50:12 PM   
Shkval25

You can make an event trigger(s) for a particular helicopter in the event editor, no Lua required. You'll need to create three or more markers around the target ship and set them to be locked to that ship. This creates a zone around the ship that will move with it. Having a unit change sides is one of the Lua commands in the drop-down menu after you've created a Lua-type action. Just select that command, hit "add" and it will appear in the text field. Just replace the placeholder with the name of the target ship and you're done.

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/21/2019 11:29:07 PM   
TYHo

Thanks for your help! Fixing the reference point on the vessel is exactly what I need! Now to figure out how to write the Action script for changing sides...

(in reply to Shkval25)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/21/2019 11:40:00 PM   
thewood1

I think there is an example of that actual statement in the Lua documentation.

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/21/2019 11:54:31 PM   
TYHo

Yep, I saw that, but I can't seem to get it right...

ScenEdit_SetUnitSide(side='Iran', Name='Commercial Tanker - Very Large Crude Carrier [300,000t DWT]', newside='UK')

What parameters am I missing?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/22/2019 12:57:43 AM   
michaelm75au

ScenEdit_SetUnitSide(oldside='Iran', Name='Commercial Tanker - Very Large Crude Carrier [300,000t DWT]', newside='UK')

Michael

(in reply to TYHo)
Post #: 6
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/22/2019 2:26:51 AM   
thewood1

btw, there is an entire sub-forum for Lua advice and questions in the mod section.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfrie... - 12/22/2019 1:41:46 PM   
TYHo

Thanks for helping, everyone! Sorry I double-posted bcos I think less ppl may visit the Lua Legion sub-forum, and I was getting impatient waiting for responses. I will continue this topic there then. Moderators, pls delete this thread if necessary. Thanks!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to use LUA to simulate VBSS & capture of unfriendly vessel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI