Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two more late corrections in 7.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two more late corrections in 7.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two more late corrections in 7.1 - 7/11/2003 2:35:46 PM   
Vathailos

Losqualo and/or whomever else is behind the production of the new OOB, terribly sorry to be so late getting this up, and I realize this means it probably won't happen in the next update, but here goes:

1) German FT squads and Spec Forces, regardless of when they're purchased (even in 1939) are equipped with MG42's

2) The PzKpfw 35 board icon/graphic is large, a full size larger than the 38, but both of them are listed as size 3 (IIRC, or at least the same size, either 3 or 2). If the 35 was actually that much larger (bigger than the IIIe and 38), then perhaps it should have a size rating of of 4 (or 3 if they're both 2's). Sorry for not having the exact numbers, it's late here, and I thought I'd post prior to forgetting.

GL, and sorry so late. Great product regardless.

~V
Post #: 1
- 7/11/2003 7:38:49 PM   
Resisti

I've the yet to be released 7.2 oobs.

the FT squads look ok but, indeed the Spec Ops ones are armed with MG42 even in 1939.

I'll make a note to who's in charge to see if something can still be done.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 2
- 7/11/2003 8:19:07 PM   
Voriax

Vathailos, those tanks are size two both which is okay imho.

LT-35 (PzKpfw 35):
Length 4,9m, width 2,16m, height 2,2m

LT-38 (PzKpfw 38):
Length 4,55m, width 2,13m, height 2,3m

So pretty much same size.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 3
Thanks to you both... - 7/11/2003 8:46:16 PM   
Vathailos

Just lost my first reply when attempting to post.

Voriax:

I appreciate the "heads up" on the tech specs for both tanks. I guess that it's actually the IG icon that looks that much larger. To make sure I'm not off my rocker, start an early German campaign, buy one of each and place them side-by-side. It looks as though the 35 is much larger (a full size class) IMO, and according to your information, it shouldn't really be (in fact, it has a lower profile, but you wouldn't see that in a top-down view).

Resisti:

If you could get that changed, it'd be great! And if you are somehow able to work your magic ;), then try and get this "graphics swap" corrected to if you could:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39977&goto=lastpost

My last post in this thread highlights "Purchase Screen/Encyclopedia" graphics swap for Germany. The images for the PzKpfw IVe and IVf are inverted. The "brown" one should be the IVf, and the gray one the IVe. They're currently reversed.

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 4
- 7/11/2003 10:51:07 PM   
Warhorse

Shoot me an e-mail tonight to remind me, I'll fix the 35(t), I noticed awhile back that is was too big, but keep forgetting to fix it!!

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 5
- 7/12/2003 2:23:06 AM   
Vathailos

Well, the hits just keep coming :D

Thanks Warhorse, I'll send that "reminder" e-mail this eve (if I can find your addy on the boards here somewhere).

One more thing I found was that on battlefield maps, Belgian vehicles/troops were marked with a blue-yellow-red flag, not a black-yellow-red flag. I know that's nit-picking, but if we're tidying up loose ends, perhaps that's a simple coding reference or something. Not a programmer-type, sorry. Just hoping it's simple. :)

Thanks again,

~Vath

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 6
Grrrr - 7/12/2003 3:25:23 AM   
Warhorse

Dammit, I fixed that flag thing once already??!! I think it might be up in the oob's subforum? Whoever is in charge of the update, might want to include that!!!

Vathailos, my addy is [email]dasreich@attglobal.net[/email]

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 7
German Spec Ops Squads - 7/12/2003 4:59:43 AM   
KG Erwin

These have been a problem, as they represent a variety of units such as the Brandenburgers and Skorzeny's spec op groups. Their exact organizations and weapons distributions are difficult to pin down. However, the MG42s are defintely inappropriate for 1939. Simply change weapon 2 to 003 for the Spec Ops units. The changes for the FT units have already been done in the new OOBs. Bryan, are you listening?

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 8
Re: German Spec Ops Squads - 7/12/2003 10:22:28 PM   
Resisti

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KG Erwin
[B] Bryan, are you listening? [/B][/QUOTE]

I mailed Bryan yesterday, pointing him to this thread.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 9
Oh my... - 7/12/2003 10:58:37 PM   
Vathailos

Guys, thanks much for helping me get these minor changes corrected.

This is me, wishing I'd sat down in earnest about a month ago and tried to post all these. Just about the time I found this board/forum (or at least changed the title of this thread by now ;)).

Well, if you're still running long on patience, I've got one more for you.

In a long campaign, playing as Germany (and it may be the same for other countries, just can't confirm those), if you somehow get a mission that is a "River Crossing", it won't display properly on the Purchase screen. It lists no text as your type of mission. I'm almost certain this problem persists in v 7.1, however I guarantee it was there in the original (which is what I've played for the last 8 or more years, I'm on the AI's Christmas card list). I played a "River Defense" last night and it reminded me that the opposite secenario has no title.

Hope this one's a simple fix too.

Thanks again,

~Vath

EDIT:

I thought I might as well add all the nit-picking crap I could think of here, just in case there was an error. Three more things.

1: Matilda II's. In a "Long Campaign" as Germany against the UK in the deserts of N. Africa, I've yet to see the AI purchase 1 Matilda II, or use heavy artillery even in the assault. Is this a bug? Only asking because I've started and played through the desert phase of said campaign 8 times now, and same results.

2: Possibly related to #1 above, that of "phantom artillery shots". Reference CPT Pixel's thread in the Training Center about T.o.T/Artillery management (IIRC) that's where I posted observing this phenomenon. At the beginning of a defense mission when the computer (AI) is assaulting, in the "prep" phase, it will cycle through what LOOK like artillery firing missions, but nothing actually fires, nothing lands, only a really fast camera jumping about the map. This is a change from the original CD-version (I've only played that and 7.1) and I was wondering if it's a coding mistake somewhere. Again, the camera, during what would normally be the Turn 0 prep phase, would fire any missions I'd plotted, but not the AI's, it would only cycle through what looked like artillery missions without firing rounds.

3: And this is a very, very low priority. The French and German sniper pictures are identical in the encyclopedia/purchase screen. Did a gif just get omitted becaue of an effort to reduce the overall size of the game? Unable to find a unique sniper pic for one or the other? or is it a referencing error as the PzKpfw IVe & IVf was above?

I'll stop with this soon, enough I hope. :D

(in reply to Vathailos)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Two more late corrections in 7.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI