Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/26/2019 8:50:36 AM   
futt

Hi,
In the WW I version, I really appreciated the following two developments:
The possibility for the destroyer to lay mines.
The possibility for Germany to subsidize Austria-Hungary.
These are two factors to which I tried to respond by modeling on the WWII series (Europe at War & World in War), but not with such a proposal.
So I wanted to adapt the possibility of a convoy between Germany and Italy in Europe at War, but it does not work.
So my question is as follows, is this possible and if so what is the procedure?

Post #: 1
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/26/2019 1:35:19 PM   
Hubert Cater

This is not currently possible as these are brand new features for the WWI release, but it is under consideration to be added in with the next update to the older War in Europe and World at War games. It's a matter of ensuring the proper backwards compatibility and if it will be easy enough to add this in without breaking the older games etc.

(in reply to futt)
Post #: 2
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/26/2019 7:25:07 PM   
Andreas150_ssl

Den WWI habe ich auch. Dort ist die Funktion, Versorgungsrouten über Land zu machen, sehr gut! Im 2.Weltkriegsszenario hier im "Storm Over Europe" könnten wir die neue Funktion sehr gut gebrauchen. Man könnte endlich den echten Persischen Korridor von den USA über dem Meer, dann über den Iran, über dem Kaspischen Meer, dann über Land bis nach Stalingrad machen. Eine Versorgungsroute über Meer UND Land machen. Dann würde Stalingrad eine große strategische Bedeutung erlangen, es würde heftige und spannende Kämpfe zwischen dem Achse-Spieler und dem Alliierten-Spieler um die Stadt geben!

< Message edited by Andreas150_ssl -- 12/26/2019 7:49:17 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/26/2019 7:55:32 PM   
Sugar

Gibts doch schon, sowohl den persischen Konvoi als auch die strat. Bedeutung Stalingrads (ist eine von den für einen Sieg erforderlichen Städte). Zumindest im PbEM ist die Eroberung der Ölquellen im Mittlerern Osten ohnehin obligatorisch, sonst kann man wirtschaftlich mit den Alliierten irgendwann nicht mehr mithalten.

I agree the option to support Italy via convoy would be nice.

< Message edited by Sugar -- 12/26/2019 7:58:42 PM >

(in reply to Andreas150_ssl)
Post #: 4
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/27/2019 9:15:24 AM   
Andreas150_ssl

Ich habe von einem - echten - Persischen Korridor geschrieben. Das was wir bisher haben, ist nur eine normale Zahlung in dem decision. Dort muß man nur einige iranische Städte halten. Aber Stalingrad zu halten ist nicht erforderlich. Auch wenn diese Stadt fällt, läuft die (als Persischen Korridor simulierte) Zahlung trotzdem weiter. Da gibst keine sichtbaren und beeinflußbaren Versorgungslinien über Land und Meer.

Stalingrad ist zwar eine von den Ziele für die Siegbedingungen, aber alle meine bisherigen Gegner haben zuerst Leningrad, Moskau und den Kaukasus erobert und Stalingrad erst viel später erobert. Und bis dahin haben die Alliierten schon praktisch verloren.

Auch Nordafrika zu halten (da hast du recht), ist unbedingt erforderlich, um die Ölfelder im Nahen und Mittleren Osten vor dem Zugriff der Achse zu schützen.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 5
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/27/2019 11:14:10 AM   
PvtBenjamin

Caucasus and the Astrakhan - Kizlyar rail line are the most important economically (oil)for the SU in the Southeast. This makes this the most important area to defend. The Vologda - Arkangelsk - Murmansk rail line the most important in the North.

If you lose these rail lines not only will you lose economically but you wont be able to place new troops (unless this has changed).

In PBEM against a skilled Axis player you will lose 1 -3 of Leningrad/Moscow & Stalingrad. The map gets much much tougher for Axis after Leningrad, Moscow & Stalingrad.

In NA the map gets much tougher for Axis after Palestine.

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 12/27/2019 11:26:47 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/27/2019 11:47:06 AM   
Sugar

Also wenn ich das richtig verstehe, ist der einzige Grund für die Forderung eines Konvois anstelle des schon vorhandenen die künstliche Erhöhung der Wichtigkeit von Stalingrad, ohne das man ohnehin schon nicht gewinnen kann?

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 7
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/27/2019 12:38:15 PM   
Andreas150_ssl

Auch der Handel zwischen Deutschland und Italien wäre sehr interessant, sowie der "futt" schon geschrieben hat. Oder zwischen Deutschland und die Schweiz, was damals in der Realität der Fall war. Beim Versorgungsrouten über Land gäbe es bestimmt noch viel mehr Möglichkeiten!

Auch See-Minen legen wäre sehr gut. Aber dann sollte im WW2 auch Minenräumer geben.

Auch wenn die Eisenbahnverbindung nach Kaukasus unterbrochen worden ist, kann man immer noch dort neue Truppen aufstellen, solange man Baku als Industriezentrum hat.

< Message edited by Andreas150_ssl -- 12/27/2019 12:43:59 PM >

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 8
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/27/2019 4:18:44 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I agree that new trade lines & mines would be a good addition. Increasing (but not to much) the importance of resources might be interesting.

The most important improvement is to completely re-work the naval (bump & boom) component.

Post #: 9
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/28/2019 9:43:33 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just to clarify here, it is doubtful these new mechanisms would be officially added in within the existing campaigns themselves, there is just the outside possibility to add the functionality at least for custom modifications... but only after I have a better chance to evaluate any potential consequences as described above.

Apologies if there was any confusion,
Hubert

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 10
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/29/2019 10:47:42 PM   
El Condoro

For the support of Italy by Germany, a simple DE like the US-USSR (40-80 MPP) DE would work. It could be ongoing (e.g. 50 MPP per turn) or a one-off (e.g. 200 MPP) decision. An overland 'convoy' in this case seems unnecessary because the route is not likely to be interdicted until Italy is out or almost out of the war, anyway.

< Message edited by El Condoro -- 12/29/2019 10:48:09 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 11
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 12/30/2019 2:57:51 PM   
Sugar

An overland convoy can be cancelled or reduced at will.

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 12
RE: Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy - 1/19/2020 1:34:58 AM   
Helsingor

I'm assuming that this functionality (if implemented) would NOT make it possible for Germany to send Italy MPPs before Italy joined the war?
That could really unhinge the game.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Economic trade betwen Germany and Italy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI