Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A) BTS (mod)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A) BTS (mod) Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A) BT... - 12/25/2019 5:06:58 PM   
Anachro

A Yankee in Hotel Yamato

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Between the Storms 5.7 (Modified) - Anachro vs Q-Ball

Q-Ball is looking to get back into the game and thus we quickly setup a match. As he said he was rusty and a "medium" skill player, he wanted to be the Allies. As I viewed myself as both a medium skill player and a mediocre Japanese player, I wanted to use John's BTS mod. That said, given that John's mod has a few decisions I wanted to personally change, we will be using a modified version of BTS 5.7 (as John's new variant isn't quite ready yet and Q-Ball wants to play sooner rather than later).

I haven't quite decided on my strategy or goals yet, but I'd like to see Japan last into '45 or '46. As for the mod changes, I am still enacting them, so if you have some thoughts or recommendations for either the Allied or Japanese OOB, please let me know.

Not quite sure how I'll post this. Perhaps a Yankee sent back in time like Twain's Yankee lost in King Arthur's court. Or perhaps I'll just do my normal description from a Japanese perspective.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1st turn rules:
Allied player only able to command TFs already at sea
No transferring or loading of squadrons
No carrier hunting
No "deep" first turn invasions, with the caveat that "deep" or unrealistic is contextual

General House Rules
Pay full PP for units to cross national borders

Here is the running list of mod changes. I have yet to complete them, so feel free to offer advice or recommendations. I am still implementing them. Not really sure to do about the economy changes yet.

quote:

Aircraft Changes
1. J2M Jack: Removed CV-capable variants of the J2M Jack
2. N1K George: Removed CV-capable “A” variants of the N1K George, kept N1K2, N1K4, and N1K5 as “J” variant land-based fighters.
3. A7M Sam: These are once again meant to be the late-war Japanese CV fighters. To account for Japan’s better preparation and Yamamoto’s foresight, their introduction times have been shortened by a few months. The A7M2 is scheduled to make an appearance in 1/44, and the A7M3 in 1/45.

Naval Changes
1. Akagi-class CVs: Deck armor slightly reduced back to 40 from 57, in line with BTS. Further modification somewhat needed and based on personal analysis this might be too high or Allied carrier armor ratings are too low.
2. Ryukaku-class CVLs: Speed reduced to 30 knots to be more in line with historical Japanese CVL variants.
3. G.6 CVL and CVs: The capacity of these ships have been reduced(52 A/C now) and they start at CVs, akin to British CVs. Speed and armor have both been reduced.
4. CVE Hosho: Later upgraded A/C capacity reduced back to 20 from 24 in BTS.
5. Hiryu-class CVs: A/C capacity reduced back to 65.
6. Naval Air XP: XP for starting pilots on the main KB have been buffed back to original levels with the rest appropriately at lower levels.
6. British Carrier A/C: British carrier A/C build rates have been slightly increased.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 12/26/2019 2:06:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/25/2019 5:47:39 PM   
the1henson

I’ve been a silent follower of your AAR with John, and I really enjoy both your disciplined thought processes, and how you express them in the AAR. I’m looking forward to this one.

With regards to customizimg the mod, are these changes you’re considering in relation to the economic advantages inadvertently granted Japan in the standard BTS mod? I’m concerned about the possibility for overcorrecting there. Perhaps the problem wasn’t the extra oil, but rather the location of it. Those expanded oil production centers may actually be needed to run this OOB, but would more appropriately be located in the SRA, making the area the tempting target (and vital defensive location) that it should be. It goes without saying that expanded industry, shipbuilding, and most importantly an expanded fleet should see some expanded oil and fuel production. What happens if all the extra oil just evaporates while you’re supplying a much larger fleet is currently unknown IMO, so be careful not to overcorrect in that regard.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 2
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/25/2019 5:54:20 PM   
John 3rd

Your picture of Yamato is sick and wrong!

Sean asked if he could makes changes and I agreed with him.

Good comments Henson. This is why we have three sets of play-testers who will tackle the new Mod when it is ready to test. Am not going to release this half-cocked with no testing.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to the1henson)
Post #: 3
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/25/2019 7:43:47 PM   
Anachro

@the1henson Thank you for your kind words! Regarding your comments on the economy, I completely agree with you. I feel that the way the industry is setup, and based on Itaklinus' analysis, the extra stuff is needed and I don't feel particularly inclined to have to wade through all the numbers myself to find the balance. I might have to wait for the later version of BTS for that.

@John I hope you read my AAR, cheer me on, and offer advice. Hopefully the writing here will be representative of what you get to read later on in my other AAR. Also, are there any OOB fixes I need to implement in my modifications that you noticed from our game?

< Message edited by Anachro -- 12/25/2019 8:12:11 PM >

(in reply to the1henson)
Post #: 4
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/25/2019 9:22:51 PM   
John 3rd

The new version has a completely different deployment of the Pacific Fleet as well as changes to the Japanese TF layout. This version, once done, will be completely different and, I hope, far better...have you to thank for some of that so a tip of the hat goes to ya!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 5
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 12:25:24 PM   
Bearcat2

I would just have the G6's start the game in your CV config.

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 6
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 2:13:10 PM   
Anachro

Done. Anyone know how to make air group plane numbers customizable in the editor? Planes on Akagi and Shokaku-class CVs can be re-sized any way you want in-game, but groups like G.6 and Hiryu-class are set to resize to specific numbers. Can this be changed?

This:

Versus this:

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 7
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 3:29:05 PM   
BillBrown

Did you give the Tokachi Kansen a resize size and date? I looked at BTS-L 5.8 and it is resizeable on day 1.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 8
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 3:38:51 PM   
John 3rd

You are ignoring the history of the ALTHIS but due whatever you want. Nobody knows that the Hybrid cruisers are useful or useless until the war actually starts. This is why a conversion isn't allowed until late-42.

The groups can easily have their size changed within the editor.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/26/2019 3:39:51 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 9
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 3:44:16 PM   
Anachro

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Did you give the Tokachi Kansen a resize size and date? I looked at BTS-L 5.8 and it is resizeable on day 1.

This is the current settings in the editor. No resize date or size and yet it still forced a upgrade of 19 in game.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 10
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 3:57:44 PM   
Q-Ball

Sean said I could check-in before the shooting starts, so I am. Looking forward to this! I think he's selling himself short as an opponent, he's doing very well vs. John III and showing some real tactical and strategic insight from what I can tell in the AAR. Pretty sure he'll have a different playing style than John, but we'll find out.

Looking forward to this, just hope I don't make a hash of it!

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 11
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 4:21:08 PM   
BillBrown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

This is the current settings in the editor. No resize date or size and yet it still forced a upgrade of 19 in game.

Give it a resize date of 4112 and size 22. That should fix it.

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 12/26/2019 4:22:58 PM >

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 12
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 7:16:33 PM   
Bearcat2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

You are ignoring the history of the ALTHIS but due whatever you want. Nobody knows that the Hybrid cruisers are useful or useless until the war actually starts. This is why a conversion isn't allowed until late-42.

They also didn't realize their ASW and AA sucked; they didn't have enough CD units and what is that thing called radar?

BTW, when they rebuilt the Akagi and Kaga; it would seem to indicate that it was a failed design..

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 13
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/26/2019 8:25:31 PM   
John 3rd

The problem Bearcat is that if you do this and start them as CVs then you might as well throw ALL of them into CVs. The Melbourne, Wellington and two American should also be converted. Players have found the CLV and CAV as much more useful then they should have. This is why I lessoned their Sorties AND their Ammo Storage. They are truly unique ships. Recommend: The Hybrid Warship--The Amalgamation of Big Guns and Aircraft by R. D. Layman and Stephen McLaughlin as well as Page 46 of Jentschura's book. (EDIT) Also Jordan's fine work entitled Warships After Washington has good details on this subject.

As to the air groups of the Hybrids, they disband just like the Chitose/Chiyoda (on starting their conversion) and come back as new Daitai organic to each ship. They are in the Editor under Air Groups. The G.6 design was a "proto-Soryu" (Jentschura) design at near 15,000T. The others were built much smaller at about 10,000T (Layman) thus leading to difference is aircraft complement as Hybrids and CV conversions.

The Akagi and Kaga were not built as Hybrids. That would be the same as saying Lexington and Saratoga were. NOT. No one knew where carrier aviation was going in the 20s. Both fleets went the same way of experimental carriers (Hosho-Langley) to two big conversions (Akagi-Lexington), to trying to put too much into a small displacement (Ryujo and Ranger), to the final beginning of real CVs (Soryu--Yorktown). The CAV/CLV fit in that timeline in 1930 or so.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 12/26/2019 8:53:17 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 14
In the study of IGHQ... - 12/26/2019 8:53:06 PM   
Anachro

The modding is done so I am thinking about plans now. To start...

In the study of IGHQ...

Yamamoto pondered over the problem before him, a problem only now seen so starkly by others on the eve of this great war in the Pacific. The empire needed to secure her resources in the Southern Resource Area; and yet, the United States Navy stood poised to the east like a dagger pointed at Japan's vulnerable flank, not only mighty in its current form, but poised to be incomprehensible so in the years to come with those endless Vinson plans and two-ocean navy acts. He had been pondering this problem for years, nay, decades, preparing Japan and her armed forces while pushing for greater emphasis on newfangled air power. This has begun in the Naval Air Bureau, continued in the Navy Ministry, and finally had now reached its culmination with his appointment as the head if the Imperial Japanese Naval General Staff. The Kaigun was very much Yamamoto's and he had absolute confidence in its ability to fight vigorously and with success in the years to come.

But now the American fleet almost in its entirety had moved to Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, that great bastion of naval might in the middle of the Pacific. Reports and spies placed the entire old American battle line, carriers, as well as numerous cruisers and destroyers, operating out of Oahu. The opportunity now presented itself to strike a devastating first blow and destroy a large portion of the US Pacific Fleet in one fell swoop; and with the power that Yamamoto had nurtured, this did not mean a simple raid, a lighting hit-and-run cavalry action. No, Yamamoto knew that he currently held a strong preponderance of naval air power in the Pacific and would continue to do so for at least the next year. He had numerous carriers and planes and could operate where he chose at will, and without abeyance. This potential, this possibility of some sort of permanent carrier task force, presented many possibilities, some that had heretofore seemed unthinkable.

Yamomoto stared at Pearl Harbor on the map, the forces arrayed, the distances involved, and thought, "Was it possible...?"

Such was the scale of the American industrial power that if during the Pearl Harbor attack the Imperial Navy had been able to sink every major unit of the entire U.S. Navy and then complete its own construction programs without losing a single unit, by mid-1944 it would still not have been able to put to sea a fleet equal to the one that Americans could have assembled in the intervening thirty months.” - H.P. Wilmott

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 15
RE: In the study of IGHQ... - 12/26/2019 8:54:55 PM   
John 3rd

GREAT QUOTE by Wilmott. He is a fine historian!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 16
RE: In the study of IGHQ... - 12/26/2019 10:26:06 PM   
Bearcat2

The US determined the hybrids were a failed design, if they were allowed to build them, a CVL based on a Brooklyn hull was a more likely build; basically a Independence class CVL.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 17
RE: In the study of IGHQ... - 12/26/2019 11:25:29 PM   
PaxMondo

Q is far above an "average" player. In form, he was one of the better players … GOOD LUCK!! He's very tough allied opponent.

Pax

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 18
RE: In the study of IGHQ... - 12/27/2019 2:05:32 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bearcat2

The US determined the hybrids were a failed design, if they were allowed to build them, a CVL based on a Brooklyn hull was a more likely build; basically a Independence class CVL.

Really? Guess I got lucky on doing exactly that...OF COURSE that is what it converts to...this is all stated in the Mod History.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 19
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/27/2019 11:03:49 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

Between the Storms 5.7 (Modified) - Anachro vs Q-Ball

Q-Ball is looking to get back into the game and thus we quickly setup a match. As he said he was rusty and a "medium" skill player, he wanted to be the Allies. As I viewed myself as both a medium skill player and a mediocre Japanese player, I wanted to use John's BTS mod. That said, given that John's mod has a few decisions I wanted to personally change, we will be using a modified version of BTS 5.7 (as John's new variant isn't quite ready yet and Q-Ball wants to play sooner rather than later).

I haven't quite decided on my strategy or goals yet, but I'd like to see Japan last into '45 or '46. As for the mod changes, I am still enacting them, so if you have some thoughts or recommendations for either the Allied or Japanese OOB, please let me know.

Not quite sure how I'll post this. Perhaps a Yankee sent back in time like Twain's Yankee lost in King Arthur's court. Or perhaps I'll just do my normal description from a Japanese perspective.

1st turn rules:
Allied player only able to command TFs already at sea
No transferring or loading of squadrons
No carrier hunting
No "deep" first turn invasions, with the caveat that "deep" or unrealistic is contextual

General House Rules
Pay full PP for units to cross national borders

Here is the running list of mod changes. I have yet to complete them, so feel free to offer advice or recommendations. I am still implementing them. Not really sure to do about the economy changes yet.

quote:

Aircraft Changes
1. J2M Jack: Removed CV-capable variants of the J2M Jack
2. N1K George: Removed CV-capable “A” variants of the N1K George, kept N1K2, N1K4, and N1K5 as “J” variant land-based fighters.
3. A7M Sam: These are once again meant to be the late-war Japanese CV fighters. To account for Japan’s better preparation and Yamamoto’s foresight, their introduction times have been shortened by a few months. The A7M2 is scheduled to make an appearance in 1/44, and the A7M3 in 1/45.

Naval Changes
1. Akagi-class CVs: Deck armor slightly reduced back to 40 from 57, in line with BTS. Further modification somewhat needed and based on personal analysis this might be too high or Allied carrier armor ratings are too low.
2. Ryukaku-class CVLs: Speed reduced to 30 knots to be more in line with historical Japanese CVL variants.
3. G.6 CVL and CVs: The capacity of these ships have been reduced(52 A/C now) and they start at CVs, akin to British CVs. Speed and armor have both been reduced.
4. CVE Hosho: Later upgraded A/C capacity reduced back to 20 from 24 in BTS.
5. Hiryu-class CVs: A/C capacity reduced back to 65.
6. Naval Air XP: XP for starting pilots on the main KB have been buffed back to original levels with the rest appropriately at lower levels.
6. British Carrier A/C: British carrier A/C build rates have been slightly increased.

I may have missed it somewhere here but which economy will you be using for this game? The BTS as it is in your game against John III or the one with DBB oil/resource production numbers?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 20
RE: In the study of IGHQ... - 12/27/2019 11:53:58 AM   
Bearcat2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bearcat2

Really? Guess I got lucky on doing exactly that...OF COURSE that is what it converts to...this is all stated in the Mod History.

US would have built a CVL instead of a hybrid is my point; the US had already determined it wasn't a good idea.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 21
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/27/2019 12:18:01 PM   
Anachro

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

I may have missed it somewhere here but which economy will you be using for this game? The BTS as it is in your game against John III or the one with DBB oil/resource production numbers?

I don't have the new numbers from John, so we are using the old 5.7 BTS version. It would be quite a headache to work through the numbers myself to find a balance between all the new HI and resources. It seems I can't just set the numbers back to DBB because the economy will crash, so comprehensive changes will be required. So this part of my desired changes will have to wait...OR maybe someone like Itaklinus can help.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 12/27/2019 12:56:59 PM >

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 22
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/27/2019 2:26:01 PM   
Anachro

One thing I'm noticing in my game: Garrison requirements in China for a lot of Japanese-held cities have been lowered in comparison to DBB. For instance, Canton's garrison requirement is 360 in DBB-C and 150 in BTS 5.7; similar changes can be seen elsewhere (Shanghai is now 350 vs 720). This makes the China situation a lot simpler and easier for Japan, at least initially, but perhaps this is something worth looking into for balance. I think I remember John saying somewhere that garrison requirements have been increased elsewhere, such as in India or Chinese-held China. That said, I do believe John is somehow trying to implement BigB's China for the next version.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 12/27/2019 2:38:48 PM >

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 23
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/27/2019 4:13:43 PM   
ITAKLinus

I am somehow not really present, writing from mobile in pubs... however, I'm available for anything needed. Even in game checks (but we speak of new year for that).

Regarding garrisons. IIRC canton has 300 in stock. Shanghai 720.

I am quite open to say that most of the garrison requirements are ok-ish in stock game. The huge collaborationist army is not represented a part from few random units, and I suppose the idea is that the collaborationists act as a sort of police and it's not needed to represent the whole thing into the game.

Economy. In line of principle, you can run the industry as in the mod with few modifications from stock resources. But forget using the CV fleet for more than say one week per month (I'm approximating here, haven't calculated). Forget completely about the rest. And you can produce fewer planes than in stock.
So, yes, practically speaking it's impossible to run the economy without the additional raw materials given in the mod.

Also, the placement of oil is relatively unimportant since Japan has so many stuff it can defend every point of the map, even generally soft spots such as DEI.
Basically: as allied you can run a couple of carrier raids on oilfields but either you get sunk outright or Japan is able to repair them without major problems. And, in the meanwhile ,no industrial production has to be altered because of the raids.

I suppose it's essentially impossible for the allied to win but who knows.
I'm fairly sure that getting a much larger industrial base in Scen1 makes 1943 and 1944 nightmar-ish years for the allies. Until late 44 you can be extremely dangerous even if with increasing losses and risks.
And that's a scen1 where you actually have to get those territories and defending them it's not easy.
Here I think you can safely go well into 45 with superiority or rough parity even if you don't increased much your industrial base (meaning: no ridiculous overextension).

Just be safe with your carriers and don't sail too much: the economy can handle everything but there is no need to overstress it because of intense fleet movements (better to save the fuel in order to invest in additional HIs, which give you a lot of supplies: they're always always needed)

Francesco

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 24
RE: A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A... - 12/28/2019 9:27:16 PM   
Anachro

Turn is away to Qball. From here on out, no Qballs! I will post more in a bit after I come back from dinner.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 25
Dec 7th, 1941 - 12/29/2019 2:25:09 AM   
Anachro

Dec 7th, 1941

Yamamoto was pacing his office, unable to keep still due to the nerves welling up in him. This was the day of decision, a throw of the dice - it could lead to great victory or end in calamity. All he could do in the mean time, however, was wait and worry. Suddenly the phone rang and he dashed to the nearby table where it was stationed to answer it. The subordinates in the communications room had been collating the various reports from all throughout the front of attack: like a great octopus, Japan's various tentacles of military might were spreading out to conquer the Pacific. Forces had landed at Kota Bharu on the Malayan Peninsula with more on their way to Singora by rail, the landings at Miri in Sarawak and Laoag on Luzon had also been conducted without incident (though a small minelayer took a torpedo from a Dutch sub and sank off Malaya). In the air, Japanese bombers had even managed to sink several transports and a British "D" class light cruiser north of Singapore, and the port at Manila had been hit decently hard, damaging and sinking submarines, transports, and more.

Yamamoto knew, however, that these movements south into the Southern Resource Area were precarious, deliberately done on a shoestring budget so as to allocate more forces to the great prize he so desperately sought. He had pondered it for long: how to deal with America's industrial might and her ability to drown Japan through quantity in the long run? A strong first blow had to be delivered to knock America's fleet out of the war for the foreseeable future, it had to be crushing, decisive, annihilating.

"And what of the Hawaiian operation?"

Great success! Tora, tora, tora! The First and Second Mobile Forces were reporting complete surprise, with the airfields at Pearl severely damaged, as well as her battle line and various other ships either severely mauled or worse. Two battleships were said to be outright sunk! This was good news. With the airfield so hardly put upon and her navy so weakened, the mobile fleets could stick around and continue to deliver punishment. As for the American carriers, they were worryingly nowhere to be seen, but that could wait. For now, the boats at Pearl Harbor had to be completely destroyed. And for that...

"And the Third Mobile Fleet?"

The Third Mobile Fleet was reporting Midway's airfield decently damaged and most planes there damaged or destroyed on the ground. Patrols operating from there would find the going a bit rough, the US Navy would be blinded, at least temporarily. This was important, as surprise was needed. Yamamoto turned around to the figure sitting in a chair by his desk behind him, a European-looking man of all things, out of place, a bit of an anachronism, and for some reason wearing a dark black hooded robe. Yamamoto looked to him and nodded.

"Everything is going to plan; Midway seems to have been denied its eyes and Pearl is looking in rough shape."
"We are undetected then?"
"Yes, so far your plan seems to be working. I doubt the US Navy will come steaming out of Pearl anytime soon."
"Everything is preceding as I have foreseen...haha...muahahahaha....muahahahahahahah!" *cough* *hack*

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 26
RE: Dec 7th, 1941 - 12/29/2019 1:54:04 PM   
Anachro

2nd turn is away to Qball; KBs will stick around and hit fleeing ships and if there are none, we will hit PH again with sweeps and bombers. A lot of housekeeping still left to do, particularly my plans for airframes and R&D.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 27
RE: Dec 7th, 1941 - 12/31/2019 7:06:46 PM   
Bif1961

I am starting a new contest with my long time opponent but alas he is out of town so as the Empire I am awaiting the results of my 1st turn. Good luck and I will be following your contest with great interest.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 28
Dec 15th, 1941 - 1/4/2020 11:57:43 AM   
Anachro

Dec 15th, 1941

Our forces have landed in good order, though our transports have suffered greatly. Our bombardmends seem to have had some effect on the gun defenses of Oahu. Nonetheless, heavy Allies artillery on land is having an effect. More divisions are required, more are on their way. The entire American battle line remains stuck in the shipyards.

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 29
RE: Dec 15th, 1941 - 1/4/2020 1:13:53 PM   
the1henson

Testing the limits of this particular mod takes some aggression. This will be fun. Have you considered a small landing at one of the other islands to set up air support and additional search?

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> A Yankee in Hotel Yamato - Anachro (J) vs Q-Ball (A) BTS (mod) Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI