Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with switches please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Help with switches please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 8:54:03 PM   
drizzt73

HI all, so I have just got back into WITPAE after a 4 year hiatus and cannot get the game to work properly, when I load a game it scrolls reaaalllly sllowwww. I found a thread on switches and have tried dozens of combinations but cannot get anything to help. I have a new PC with the following specs- Intl Core I7-8700 CPU @3.20GHz (6 cores, 12 logical processors), ~3.2GHz, Windows 10, DirectX 12, NVIDIA GTX 1070, Display is 4k 3840 x 2160 on a Samsung U28E590 UHD monitor. Any help appreciated. My current line is "D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" -w -pxf1920 -pyf1080 -altFont -cpu6 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio. I tried matching the resolution of the desktop but read somewhere that the game cannot go this high? I can't even get -w for windowed to work? Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 9:50:53 PM   
Admiral DadMan

Don't use the autorun.exe file. You need to find the "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"

So a sample line would be:

"D:\Games\WitPAE\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -pxf1856 -pyf1040 -deepColor -dd_sw -cpu2 -archive

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to drizzt73)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 9:52:11 PM   
drizzt73

Thanks where is that? I just right clicked on the shortcut, went to properties and then target line

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 10:04:03 PM   
geofflambert

Here's what works for me:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altFont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -dd_sw -deepColor -skipVideo -w

(in reply to drizzt73)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 10:07:25 PM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with switches please - 1/4/2020 10:12:56 PM   
drizzt73

don't worry I just changed it in the target line :) I think I copied someone else line off a thread and it had the autorun in it. Thanks again

(in reply to drizzt73)
Post #: 6
RE: Help with switches please - 1/5/2020 12:41:35 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: drizzt73

don't worry I just changed it in the target line :) I think I copied someone else line off a thread and it had the autorun in it. Thanks again

The game install puts a shortcut to the Autorun.exe on your desktop but that just starts up a menu screen so the switches will not work with that shortcut.
Find where your game is installed, find the game .exe file mentioned, right click on it and choose "Create Shortcut".

Then drag or copy the shortcut to your desktop. Then put in the switches in the Target box after the text already there. The text will scroll beyond the visible limit of the Target box. Syntax must be exact - spaces, capitalized letters and using the hyphen, not the minus sign.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to drizzt73)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Help with switches please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI