Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why Morons and High Explosives Don't Mix:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why Morons and High Explosives Don't Mix: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why Morons and High Explosives Don't Mix: - 7/9/2003 8:09:49 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

[B][I]Dateline: Pennsylvania:[/I] [/B] A man lost part of his right hand when he tried to kill a groundhog with explosives last week, police said. The man planted a quarter-stick of dynamite near his Amity home Friday to kill the rodent. Three of his fingers were gone - thumb, index finger, and middle finger, said police. He also sustained shrapnel wounds to his stomach and legs. "It looked like he was hit with a shotgun blast.", police said. (Metro)

Sounds like a scene from [I]Caddy Shack[/I]. :D:D

Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
- 7/9/2003 9:09:17 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmm interesting, Murphy's Law even applies to Darwin Award candidates :)

A screw up screwed up a potential fatal screw up.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 7/9/2003 9:38:53 PM   
Belisarius

Hahaha he was chasing groundhogs with [I]dynamite[/I] ???

For once, I will say: only in America.... :p

And props to Les for the humorous reply. :)

Got StuG?

Post #: 3
- 7/10/2003 3:13:33 PM   
Ian Packham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]Hahaha he was chasing groundhogs with [I]dynamite[/I] ???

For once, I will say: only in America.... :p

And props to Les for the humorous reply. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course he was using dynamite, Americans are only satisfied with those big explosions, we Europeans on the other hand are quite satisfied with a "pop." or a "squeek":(

That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.

Post #: 4
- 7/10/2003 7:08:26 PM   
Maliki

I watched some dude chase a groundhog through an old girlfriends backyard trying to get a bead on it with a .22 one morning.I don't know whats up with people around here and groundhogs.For the guy who blew off his hand though he was just plain dumb everyone knows you don't use dynamite...you use claymores;)

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

Post #: 5
- 7/10/2003 10:38:33 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Years ago, and perhaps still in some places today, people fished with dynamite. They would throw a stick into the water, then harvest all the fish killed or stunned by the resulting shock wave generated by the blast. :rolleyes:

Eric Maietta

Post #: 6
- 7/11/2003 10:18:38 AM   
Ian Packham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]Years ago, and perhaps still in some places today, people fished with dynamite. They would throw a stick into the water, then harvest all the fish killed or stunned by the resulting shock wave generated by the blast. :rolleyes:

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

Still standard fishing practice in the Philippines despite it being outlawed.

That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.

Post #: 7
- 7/11/2003 11:31:42 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Ian Packham posted:

[QUOTE]Still standard fishing practice in the Philippines despite it being outlawed.[/QUOTE]

I'd think that, in the Philippines, they would be concerned about the TNT going off in close proximity to some unexploded shell, bomb, or depth charge, depending on where they were fishing with this method. Could be a real blast! :D:D:D

Post #: 8
- 7/11/2003 6:36:32 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmm I would be even more concerned that loud explosives sounds would draw attention to you in a bad way.

Doesn't the Philippines have a terrorist problem?

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

Post #: 9
- 7/11/2003 9:07:01 PM   
jamos

what about the guy that was making his own fireworks over the 4th of july and blew all his fingers off..he was smoking a cigerrette at the time..talk about darwinism at work :p

Post #: 10
- 7/12/2003 9:50:50 AM   
Ian Packham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]Hmm I would be even more concerned that loud explosives sounds would draw attention to you in a bad way.

Doesn't the Philippines have a terrorist problem? [/B][/QUOTE]

You dont hear much sound when the explosion is underwater - more a whoosh!! :) Also they usually make hand-made explosives so there is not that much explosive force behind them, but enough to destroy the corral reef which is the sad thing.

Just a few Muslim islands in the far south suffer from terrorists acts, that leaves another 7,000 islands free of terrorism. The terrorism angle is overplayed, partly by the Filipinos themselves in order to get military assistance from the US.

President Arroyo has been very successful in convincing Bush to send thousands of troops over as "observers and trainers". In reality, they have an active role in hunting down the terrorists and have been involved in firefights because they are allowed to "return fire".

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why Morons and High Explosives Don't Mix: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI