Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/6/2020 7:31:48 PM   
Gregg

https://bobcares.com/blog/502-bad-gateway-nginx/

Please fix this, as the issue appears to be with the server.

Gregg
Post #: 1
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/6/2020 7:45:32 PM   
btd64

Could you explain in more detail what this has to do with AE?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Gregg)
Post #: 2
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/6/2020 9:15:33 PM   
RogerJNeilson

I suspect that, for a while now, a lot of us having been getting 'bad gateway' issues - solved by switching browser or clearing cookies.

The poster assumes (rightly or wrongly) that Tech support may be able to sort it.

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/7/2020 6:08:22 AM   
Alfred

The OP had a Bad Gateway issue 3 months ago.  See this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showProfile.asp?memid=13238

Several possible solutions were offered then.  Absolutely no evidence that any of the suggestions were tried then.  Or for that matter have been tried now.  So we don 't know if they work or fail to address the issue.  Always much easier to demand that someone else fix a problem than to take personal responsibility for resolving one's issues.  Especially when we have no clue if this is somehow related to the actual game of AE.

Alfred

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 4
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/7/2020 2:55:38 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

The OP had a Bad Gateway issue 3 months ago.  See this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showProfile.asp?memid=13238

Several possible solutions were offered then.  Absolutely no evidence that any of the suggestions were tried then.  Or for that matter have been tried now.  So we don 't know if they work or fail to address the issue.  Always much easier to demand that someone else fix a problem than to take personal responsibility for resolving one's issues.  Especially when we have no clue if this is somehow related to the actual game of AE.

Alfred

What was that old saw - something about Einstein saying that if he had just one hour to save the world he would spend 55 minutes defining the problem and five minutes fixing it. Getting enough info to define the problem is critical, and many requests for help just do not include enough info to work with.

There really should be s sticky on how to create and post screenshots here - a lot of un-technical users are just lost about how to do things like that so they don't present their case well.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/7/2020 3:21:32 PM   
Zorch

I get the 'Bad Gateway' message occasionally after I post. My post is made but the browser can't read the thread afterwards. I use both Chrome and Opera browsers. Clearing the cache has always worked for me.

I don't understand why this happens sometimes, to some users, but not to other users. If it is a site problem, why doesn't it happen consistently? Maybe we should track info about the error, such as what threads it happens in and when. And especially under what conditions clearing the cache doesn't work...

In the past, Matrix spoke about wanting to move the Forum to new software because of problems with the current software. Is this still under consideration?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/8/2020 1:51:25 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I get the 'Bad Gateway' message occasionally after I post. My post is made but the browser can't read the thread afterwards. I use both Chrome and Opera browsers. Clearing the cache has always worked for me.

I don't understand why this happens sometimes, to some users, but not to other users. If it is a site problem, why doesn't it happen consistently? Maybe we should track info about the error, such as what threads it happens in and when. And especially under what conditions clearing the cache doesn't work...

In the past, Matrix spoke about wanting to move the Forum to new software because of problems with the current software. Is this still under consideration?

I am fairly sure a Forum Software upgrade was done about a year ago. Updates and routine maintenance are almost always done in the wee hours of the nigh/morning, so with the time shift to North America the forum can get flakey in the evening. Always highlight and copy any long posts you make before you post them. If the Forum eats the post, just paste your copy into a new post and try again.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 7
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/15/2020 2:29:05 PM   
Gregg

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

It has to do with the WITPAE Forum.
For the last few months, when I attempt to view a posting on the WITPAE Forum, this error message comes up.
This is the only forum of many I follow, that this error message comes up on; thus I would assume it has something to do with the server that hosts this forum.

The reason I did not answer your question sooner, today was the first time since I posted this question, that I did not get the error message when attempting to view my own posting on the forum.

Gregg

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 8
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/15/2020 2:53:01 PM   
btd64

I would suggest that you contact customer support. They may have a solution....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Gregg)
Post #: 9
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/15/2020 4:03:37 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregg

quote:

It has to do with the WITPAE Forum.
For the last few months, when I attempt to view a posting on the WITPAE Forum, this error message comes up.
This is the only forum of many I follow, that this error message comes up on; thus I would assume it has something to do with the server that hosts this forum.

The reason I did not answer your question sooner, today was the first time since I posted this question, that I did not get the error message when attempting to view my own posting on the forum.

Gregg

Do you have cookies enabled for Matrix website? If not, the Forum might be refusing your visit. Just a guess from another user - I have no technical background.

(in reply to Gregg)
Post #: 10
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/17/2020 7:11:02 PM   
Gregg

Yes, I have cookies enabled.
This is a random thing, today I got on this thread, yesterday I could not.
Again, this just started happening to me back in November 2019; before then I had no issues with the Matrix Forums, since I first joined way back when Uncommon Valor was released.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 11
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/17/2020 7:38:49 PM   
btd64

quote:

I would suggest that you contact customer support. They may have a solution....GP

Try this....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 12
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/18/2020 4:42:24 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregg

Yes, I have cookies enabled.
This is a random thing, today I got on this thread, yesterday I could not.
Again, this just started happening to me back in November 2019; before then I had no issues with the Matrix Forums, since I first joined way back when Uncommon Valor was released.

Matrix did some consolidating of customer accounts from their individual game membership into a single Matrix membership. Some people here who had multiple game accounts and multiple player IDs found that their posting counts and passwords got wiped out with their ID. I don't know how that might affect the "Gateway", but the word sounds like a point where identification is done before letting your login proceed.

(in reply to Gregg)
Post #: 13
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/21/2020 12:02:21 AM   
Gregg

Well, whatever the issue was, some one must have fixed it.
Today is the fourth day in a row, I've been able to get on a forum thread without getting the error message.
So, who ever you were, thank you.
Gregg

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 14
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/21/2020 12:06:02 AM   
btd64

Glad to hear....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Gregg)
Post #: 15
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/27/2020 7:54:55 PM   
dr.hal

It has not been fixed, as I'm still experiencing it. I can get onto old threads, but the new threads keep posting "Bad Gateway".....Once a thread has been up for a while then it seems to allow me in. For a while means for a couple of days.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 16
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/27/2020 11:07:18 PM   
inqistor

I've had this issue twice already. Bad Gateway on PC, but worked on smartphone. Erasing cookies always fixed it immediately.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 17
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/27/2020 11:30:19 PM   
BillBrown

Just for the record, I have never had this issue.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 18
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/28/2020 2:25:42 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

Just for the record, I have never had this issue.

Inconsistency really bugs me. I'd feel better if this happened to you occasionally.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 19
RE: 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 - 1/30/2020 5:52:48 PM   
btd64

From my smartphone I am good to go. From my computer, no go now. Cookies have been cleared. I sent a message to customer support. We'll see what comes of that.
By the way, I only have the problem when trying to get to the AE forum from my emails on my computer....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.16.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI