Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Updated DB image packs are available! Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/12/2019 9:06:43 AM   
Michael7619

Hi

Iran Shahab-3 missile has wrong picture. Picture is from radar of some kind. (Facility_488.jpg)

Thanks

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 541
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/12/2019 6:58:38 PM   
CV60

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael7619

Hi

Iran Shahab-3 missile has wrong picture. Picture is from radar of some kind. (Facility_488.jpg)

Thanks

Thanks. That will be corrected in the next update

(in reply to Michael7619)
Post #: 542
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/12/2019 7:22:12 PM   
thewood1

Hey, at least its not the Hawk SAM system. I now have an undying hatred for that system.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 543
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/12/2019 8:12:41 PM   
Michael7619

quote:

Hey, at least its not the Hawk SAM system. I now have an undying hatred for that system.

Could be a secret weapon.

Anyway, greatly appreciate these DB image packs and those people who are involved in that. Thanks again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 544
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 12/13/2019 6:36:10 PM   
xan2622

Couldn't these images and descriptions be downloaded thanks to the Steam Workshop (for those who bought the game on Steam) ?
On the Steam Workshop, it's just a [Subscribe] button to click..

Post #: 545
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/1/2020 1:14:15 PM   
Tom Konczal

I am playing Command Modern Operations Shifting Sands the Hunters which is the battle of Latakia and when an enemy Komar comes up and I press on it I don’t see a picture of it. Nor do I see a picture of the Osa or the Minesweeper and Russian frigates. Is there some database I’m supposed to download? I downloaded the one from warfaresims but it didn’t help. I purchased CMO from Matrix. Can you add these to the database?
Thanks
Tom Konczal

(in reply to bogaty)
Post #: 546
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/5/2020 11:34:57 AM   
marktowsey

I maybe wrong here but just been using the Command modern operations Blue dawn scenario and upon checking the database for T50 it is listed as a transport am I using an old database? Or is this an error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MJT

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 547
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/5/2020 2:11:42 PM   
CV60

quote:

I maybe wrong here but just been using the Command modern operations Blue dawn scenario and upon checking the database for T50 it is listed as a transport am I using an old database? Or is this an error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MJ

You are absolutely correct: THe South Korean T-50 (Aircraft_3181) is incorrectly listed as a transport, vice a fighter/light attack. However, you have reported this issue in the wrong forum. The proper place to report issues like this is the "Mods and Scenarios" board in the "Stickied thread for Minor Database Issues" located here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3436106&mpage=181

I'll report it there for you, but for further reference, put these types of issues there.

(in reply to marktowsey)
Post #: 548
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/6/2020 3:04:12 PM   
kgambit

Tom,

Those images don't exist (yet) because we haven't been able to find suitable images (both reasonable quality and time accurate) for the Syrian platforms in question. The Russian frigates however should have images; both in the September 2019 update and the upcoming January 2020 update. If not please let me know which Russian frigates are missing.

Cheers

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 549
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/6/2020 3:14:05 PM   
JFS737

Hi Kgambit,
I just upgraded from CMANO to CMO. I thought I read it comes with database photo/pics but a quick check seems it is limited. Do I need to download and reinstall the DB images per CMANO with the new CMO ? Just want to check before I do this.

Regards,
John

(in reply to kgambit)
Post #: 550
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/6/2020 5:23:28 PM   
CV60

quote:

Hi Kgambit,
I just upgraded from CMANO to CMO. I thought I read it comes with database photo/pics but a quick check seems it is limited. Do I need to download and reinstall the DB images per CMANO with the new CMO ? Just want to check before I do this.

Regards,
John

John-You can download the images at http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876. However, Kgambit and I just submitted a new package yesterday, so the new images should be available shortly, so you may want to delay doing that.

To ensure the images show up, make sure you have the "Display unit status image is enabled. See 6.4.1 of the manual.

Alternatively, the game will automatically download and install images. See pg 336 of the manual. To do this, have the "double carrot" symbol on the "Unit Status" window (Far upper right of the game window) pointed up.

< Message edited by CV60 -- 1/6/2020 5:33:38 PM >

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 551
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/7/2020 7:47:21 AM   
DWReese

That's obviously a new weapon seeker.

Post #: 552
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/7/2020 5:15:41 PM   
JFS737

CV60 (My old ship!)...
Thanks for the help. One further question then comes to mind if you don't mind. Will downloading the image database file and installing it as I've done in the past provide me any benefit over just letting the game do it? (Does the game download the image each time or does it "save" it so it's available later more quickly? If it saves it.. then I won't have to be online to get the benefit). Maybe there are more images in the big zip file than and it's better to install it manually?

Thanks for any further help.

Regards,
John

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 553
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/7/2020 5:46:11 PM   
CV60

quote:

CV60 (My old ship!)...
Thanks for the help. One further question then comes to mind if you don't mind. Will downloading the image database file and installing it as I've done in the past provide me any benefit over just letting the game do it? (Does the game download the image each time or does it "save" it so it's available later more quickly? If it saves it.. then I won't have to be online to get the benefit). Maybe there are more images in the big zip file than and it's better to install it manually?

Thanks for any further help.

Regards,
John

John-I was on the SARATOGA from 1985-1988. When were you onboard? Regarding your question on what is better. I'm not really sure. My computer doesn't download the images, because I lead the team that does the images-What is on my computer is the "master" file, so I don't want the game to download anything onto it, as I may have made changes that I don't want overwritten by the Warfare Sims version. Possibly someone else on the boards could give you a better answer. However, that does lead to one reason why you may want to not use the automatic download: If you have some images of your own that you prefer over the ones in the "official" version, you can have them on your hard drive in the DB/Images folder. As I understand it, the game will not update images that already have an image assigned.

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 554
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/7/2020 11:36:46 PM   
JFS737

Hi CV,
Thanks for the help. I was on the last cruise, around '94 I think. Went up to the Adriatic in the winter.... NATO missions into Bosnia and that mess. After we got back, had a 2 year turn around to the Big E and did the workups on her. Long ago... I think both ships are gone now.

Regards,
John

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 555
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/8/2020 1:22:50 AM   
CV60

quote:

Hi CV,
Thanks for the help. I was on the last cruise, around '94 I think. Went up to the Adriatic in the winter.... NATO missions into Bosnia and that mess. After we got back, had a 2 year turn around to the Big E and did the workups on her. Long ago... I think both ships are gone now.

Regards,
John

I was on the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73) when we relieved the Saratoga in the Med in May 1994. Sara hasn't been completely scrapped yet. The company that bought her went bankrupt, so I believe she is still in Texas.

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 556
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/8/2020 1:42:58 AM   
JFS737

May is when we went home... thanks for taking over! Sara lives! Good to know.

Regards,
John

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 557
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/10/2020 2:56:02 PM   
Technopiper

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60
John-You can download the images at http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876. However, Kgambit and I just submitted a new package yesterday, so the new images should be available shortly, so you may want to delay doing that.

I checked but the database is still the old one, dated 2019-09. When will the new package be available? Thanks!

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 558
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/10/2020 4:54:46 PM   
CV60

quote:

quote:

I checked but the database is still the old one, dated 2019-09. When will the new package be available? Thanks!

Warfare Sims has them and has arranged for them to be automatically uploaded to your game. to get updated images you must first delete your local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\) and [CMO]\DB\Descriptions\

(in reply to Technopiper)
Post #: 559
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/10/2020 7:53:02 PM   
morphin

Hm

I have deletet it and waited an hour (Game was running), but it downloaded only about 600 photos.... (I then copied back the rest from a save folder)

It would be really better to do it manually also

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 560
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/11/2020 11:35:15 PM   
CV60

quote:

Hm

I have deletet it and waited an hour (Game was running), but it downloaded only about 600 photos.... (I then copied back the rest from a save folder)

It would be really better to do it manually also

Morphin-I understand your concern. If I may make a suggestion: Post this request in the "Tech SUpport" forum. I'm not an employee of Warfare Sims-I'm just a player, like yourself. I'll mention it to the team, but you might get more traction if you posted under its own tech support post.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 561
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/13/2020 10:07:46 PM   
boogabooga

I've been adding some images from Wikipedia, etc. to plug a few missing ones in the database. Is sharing with the community encouraged or discouraged?

< Message edited by boogabooga -- 1/13/2020 10:12:51 PM >

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 562
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/14/2020 11:22:57 AM   
CV60

quote:

I've been adding some images from Wikipedia, etc. to plug a few missing ones in the database. Is sharing with the community encouraged or discouraged?

< Message edited by boogabooga -- 1/13/2020 10:12:51 PM >

Certainly you are free to create and share your own image packages. However, I think that doing so will interfere with the automatic download of new images, as we make them available. If I may suggest the following:
1) Create a folder and Title it "My CMO Images"
2) COPY your CMO/DB/Images file here. Currently, you should have 4,861 images in the CWDB subfolder, and 10,858 images in the DB3000 subfolder. (Note: I will call this the "official" Image update package for ease of reference. In fact, it is not produced by Warfare Sims, but is maintained entirely by a small team of volunteers)
3) Create another 2 subfolders in "My CMO Images" titled "My DB3000" and "My CWDB"
4) When you find an image you like to use or replace an existing CMO image, place it in the appropriate "My CWDB" subfolder. I will call these "Personal Images"
5) COPY these "Personal Images" to your CMO/DB/Images and place it in the appropriate CWDB or DB3000 folder

When we release the new image packages (which generally happens in April, June and September) do the following:

A) Delete your CMO/DB/Images folder, This will eliminate all your images from the game.
B) COPY your "My CMO Images" Images file (NOT your altered "My DB3000" and "My CWDB" folders to your CMO/DB/Images). You now have a copy of the previous "official" database images released
C) Start CMO and wait a couple of hours. It will download the revised images that were released with the latest update. Typically, we release around 500-800 new images with each update. When this process is completed, you now have the most recent and latest "official" updated on your computer. However, your Personal images are no longer included.
D) COPY your CMO/DB/Images file back to your "My CMO Images" folder. You now have a complete copy of the latest image package. You will want this when the next "official" update happens.
E) COPY Your "Personal Images" from your "My CWDB" subfolders and place them in the appropriate folders. If the "official" update didnt' include an image for that platform, your image will immediately occupy the slot for the platform. If the "official" update did include a new image for that platform, you will be given a choice as to whether use the official image or overwrite it with your personal image.

As an aside, If you want to provide any images you find to the "official" data package, PM me or kgambit and include the image, the link where you got it, and the system you think it should replace, such as "Ship_2147" or "Weapon_381". If we include it, we will give you credit. If you want to work with us on this project, PM me, and I"ll get you set up.

< Message edited by CV60 -- 1/14/2020 11:26:01 AM >

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 563
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/14/2020 1:20:48 PM   
Sardaukar

Are the new pics and descriptions packs downloadable when? I don't mean automatic download, but manual full packages.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 does have Sept 2019 ones.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 564
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/15/2020 7:12:18 PM   
Sigma8510

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warfare Sims has them and has arranged for them to be automatically uploaded to your game. to get updated images you must first delete your local cache at [CMO]\DB\Images\) and [CMO]\DB\Descriptions\

I deleted the local cache and left CMO open for about 6 hours. Only downloaded 42 PICs. Does the game clock need to be running? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 565
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/15/2020 9:30:23 PM   
AntoneT

Perhaps the game download PIC's on-demand as you view units rather than pulling the whole database at one time?

(in reply to Sigma8510)
Post #: 566
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 1/16/2020 8:45:43 AM   
Sigma8510

quote:

ORIGINAL: AntoneT

Perhaps the game download PIC's on-demand as you view units rather than pulling the whole database at one time?

I believe you are right. Depending on my connection, it can be a bit of a delay in seeing the PICs as I browse the database. I will probably download the entire group as I have before once the updated ones are available.

< Message edited by Sigma8510 -- 1/16/2020 8:47:15 AM >

(in reply to AntoneT)
Post #: 567
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 3/2/2020 4:08:13 AM   
boogabooga

Alright, here is Part 1 of my image pack for the CWDB. The focus on this pack is U.S. freefall nukes, Titan II, Quail decoy, and the AIR-2 Genie. I plan to eventually add more U.S. ballistic missiles, satellites, and general facilities.

Images from Wikipedia (several languages language) and the website of the National Museum of the United States Air Force.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sigma8510)
Post #: 568
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 3/3/2020 10:21:54 PM   
boogabooga

BTW, several images (Aircraft_4060 to Aircraft_4062) are wrong in the latest CWDB version as they depict transport aircraft instead of the A-6 Intruders that now fill those entries.

I'm talking about what gets downloaded from the server, not any packs that I've added in from elsewhere.

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 569
RE: Updated DB image packs are available! - 3/4/2020 2:35:38 AM   
kgambit

Will be fixed in the next update. Those images (4060-4062) actually belong in DB3K

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Updated DB image packs are available! Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI