Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Terminator 3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Terminator 3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terminator 3 - 7/4/2003 5:51:39 AM   
Paratrooper

I saw T3 yesterday and again today. Its a pretty good movie IMO, though the orginality is wearing a bit thin. I don't want to give too much away about the movie, so I'll wait to discuss it further next week if anyone is interested.

Oi maamme, Suomi, synnyinmaa!
Post #: 1
- 7/4/2003 7:00:16 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

That has been one wargamer liking it then, and one calling it worthless crud.

A local friend was all hyped to see it, and was reserved in appraisal too.

Might like to see it myself, but I guess I will not be rushing out just yet.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Paratrooper)
Post #: 2
- 7/4/2003 11:48:21 PM   
Jim1954

I liked the visuals but the basic premise may have run it's course. Will there be another one? I caught a one-liner from Arnold that makes me think they have left open the possibility.

Jim1954
KMC/T

Post #: 3
- 7/5/2003 12:47:53 AM   
jzpops

Haven't seen the movie yet; but to speculate on future titles:

[I]Terminator IV: Time for a tune-up[/I]

[I]Terminator V: Warranty expired![/I]

[I]Terminator VI: Do antique robots get cybernetic Alzheimer's?[/I]

"I'm tired of hearing what Lee is doing to us. Start thinking of what you are going to do to him."

4 out of five comedians agree: pun fallout is 10 times more toxic than plutonium.

Post #: 4
- 7/5/2003 12:02:37 PM   
Ian Packham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jzpops
[B]Haven't seen the movie yet; but to speculate on future titles:

[I]Terminator IV: Time for a tune-up[/I]

[I]Terminator V: Warranty expired![/I]

[I]Terminator VI: Do antique robots get cybernetic Alzheimer's?[/I] [/B][/QUOTE]

Terminator 7: Alien Vs Predator Vs Terminator

Terminator 8 : Jason Meets Arnie - the Final Battle

Termiantor 9 : Nightmare on Terminator Street, "I'll Be Back"

Terminator 10 : The Final Frontier, Terminator meets God

That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.

Post #: 5
- 7/5/2003 5:31:55 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Would you guys keep it down, the Hollywood types might like those choices hehe :)

Post #: 6
- 7/5/2003 10:26:31 PM   
Paratrooper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ian Packham
[B]Terminator 7: Alien Vs Predator Vs Terminator

Terminator 8 : Jason Meets Arnie - the Final Battle

Termiantor 9 : Nightmare on Terminator Street, "I'll Be Back"

Terminator 10 : The Final Frontier, Terminator meets God [/B][/QUOTE]

Terminator 11: Rocky 12

:p

Post #: 7
- 7/6/2003 8:58:36 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Add me to list of people that liked it.

Although I must say, if they had never made 1 and 2, it would not have mattered. They seem to be doing the same plot each film, but with new action.

Told my son who went with me, he didn't need to see the first two, as he hadn't missed anything.
Think this one was the better one.

Had one heck of a messy trash intensive car chase scene.
Arny is just one funny line after another through the film.
Guys get to see a nude female terminator arrival, gals get to see Arny's butt again too hehe.

I think some might be disappointed because what you get, is different than what the previews seem to imply. So if you haven't seen it, blank out the previews from your mind first.

No shakesperean acting and the plot is well the same plot from first two. Terminator shows up intent on killing X number of people. Second terminator shows up to get in the way. Lots of gunfire later....

Anyone hating this movie probably hated Matrix Reloaded, and by now they should learn that hollywood will never likely make a film the way they want.

Post #: 8
- 7/7/2003 11:49:18 PM   
rbrunsman

I thought the ending set us up for future movies in the "Terminator Universe" to be Arnold-less. I like Arnold, but he's getting too old for this kind of work. I look forward to the next episode.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 9
- 7/7/2003 11:55:55 PM   
Jim1954

Yeah, won't he be too busy running California or wherever to be a movie star?

:D

Jim1954
KMC/T

Post #: 10
- 7/14/2003 12:39:45 PM   
Ian Packham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]I thought the ending set us up for future movies in the "Terminator Universe" to be Arnold-less. I like Arnold, but he's getting too old for this kind of work. I look forward to the next episode. [/B][/QUOTE]

If I looked like Arnie when I am his age I will be a very happy man. He is still in great shape.

That's the view of a few vociferous idiots here whose politics are to the right of Ghengis Khan and defend their hatred of foreigners and minorities with the idea that they are practicing patriotism rather than bigotry.

Post #: 11
- 7/15/2003 10:49:58 PM   
Twotribes

A friend pointed out ( things I already knew and chose to ignore) some reality things that just dont work with Terminator.

As skynet gains awareness, using the internet to gain power, isnt it preforming a lobotomy by nuking the very source of its power? Every city it nukes reduces its ability to compute.

If Skynet nuked every city and destroyed the human habitation areas, where does it get the production facilities to build its army of robots?

Post #: 12
- 7/16/2003 12:45:39 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

A valid enough notion of course, perhaps that is why the humans are still out there fighting.

Post #: 13
- 7/16/2003 2:19:45 AM   
Paratrooper

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Twotribes
[B]A friend pointed out ( things I already knew and chose to ignore) some reality things that just dont work with Terminator.

As skynet gains awareness, using the internet to gain power, isnt it preforming a lobotomy by nuking the very source of its power? Every city it nukes reduces its ability to compute.

If Skynet nuked every city and destroyed the human habitation areas, where does it get the production facilities to build its army of robots? [/B][/QUOTE]

According to the book when Skynet was officially activated, it took over the mainframe of the US National Defense HQ located in Cheyenne Mountain as well as a number of other facilities that were either in similar 'hardned facilities' or far away from the main blast zones as to not be affected. Skynets army was created in automated factories located in similar areas. The book also describes that in addition to the the Aerial HK and Tank HK that the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 T800 (Arnold) was designed by humans to replace human soldiers in conflicts like the Gulf War, etc.

Post #: 14
- 7/16/2003 2:27:07 AM   
Paratrooper

The only real problem I have with T3 is that at the beginning John Conner says that Skynet tried to kill him before he was born and then again when he was 13 years old. Though if you study the films like I do (I really need a life), you know that when T2 took place John was only 10 years old. Watch at the beginning of T2 when the T1000 gets in the police car and looks up John Conner on the 'onboard computer'. Conner, John. Age: 10. DOB 2-28-85.

Also that Conner in this movie doesn't quite get the concept that he's dealing with another 'T101'. Though ever one in the theater does. :rolleyes:

Other than that though I enjoyed the movie and hope they make another showing Conner triumphing over Skynet once and for all. The 'future war' sequences of the Terminator movies is my favorite parts. :)

Post #: 15
- 7/16/2003 10:14:56 AM   
Ian Packham

I thought that T3 lacked character depth. I did not connect with any of the characters like I did in T2 and really did not care if they lived or died. The actor playing John Connor was not convincing for me at all. There just was no human angle to this version. It also copied too many scenes from the first 2 movies.

It was enjoyable to watch but the only interesting bit in the whole film was the ending.

One other rather silly point in the film which had me laughing was when Arnie & co walked into the nerve center of the top security skynet base with a huge machine gun tucked under his arm. I think he would have been asked to deposit that at reception. When did a daughter wanting to see her father override all security protocols? :(

Post #: 16
- 8/2/2003 9:29:15 PM   
Blunderbuss

Saw T3 yesterday and enjoyed it. There was hardly a dull moment in the whole 109 minutes. In fact, another 20 minutes would have been welcome (I thought the ending was a bit rushed). I especially liked the Mark One tracked Terminators and the fact that Arnie's opponent actually looked like a machine (i.e. she had a metal skeleton), rather than just been a lump of liquid metal. The humour helped, too.

Post #: 17
- 8/2/2003 9:43:15 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]The 'future war' sequences of the Terminator movies is my favorite parts.[/QUOTE]

The end scene with all the nukes flying around the globe and going off, made me really think. Man, there were times when we were really close to that, and it´s wasn´t some nut machines back then ;)

Post #: 18
- 8/3/2003 12:18:53 AM   
U2

I watched T3 three days ago and really enjoyed it. Great entertainment!

Post #: 19
- 8/4/2003 11:58:01 PM   
riverbravo

I didnt like the "bad" terminator,not as wicked as the model in T2.

It was an OK movie.

Lots of good destruction as always:)

Post #: 20
- 8/5/2003 1:19:14 AM   
Belisarius

Blunderbuss, I agree on the end feeling a bit rushed. Another thought; why if there's a secret bomb-proof shelter devised for the top brass didn't they upgrade it since the 50's? :p

Anyhoo...good movie, much better than I feared/expected. Entertaining and lots of good puns. :) Character depth could have been a bit better, especially Claire Danes' part. I mean, the Terminator women should always be tough....she screams her way through 3/4 of the movie. But Kristanna Loken is a beauty...and a convincing Terminator too. :p

[IMG]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0181852/T3-FX-324.jpg[/IMG]

"I like your car."

Got StuG?

Post #: 21
- 8/5/2003 3:42:23 AM   
Blunderbuss

Re. the fallout bunker. I'm sure John Connor said something like "these computers are all 30 years old", but I noticed a desktop PC and monitor that looked as if it was only made about 10 years ago.

Also:-

1) Now that Arnie the Terminator has told Connor that he will kill him in 2032, won't Connor prevent this from happening?

2) How come Connor looks like Robbie Williams?

3) If the female Terminator knew where Connor had taken refuge, why didn't she direct Skynet to bombard his shelter with a few dozen nukes? Even if the blast didn't get him, the lingering radiation would have prevented him from ever emerging.

4) Will there be another film?

I hope the answer to 4 is yes. I want to see more of this future war.

Post #: 22
- 8/5/2003 5:03:46 AM   
riverbravo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blunderbuss
[B]Re. the fallout bunker. I'm sure John Connor said something like "these computers are all 30 years old", but I noticed a desktop PC and monitor that looked as if it was only made about 10 years ago.

Also:-

1) Now that Arnie the Terminator has told Connor that he will kill him in 2032, won't Connor prevent this from happening?

2) How come Connor looks like Robbie Williams?

3) If the female Terminator knew where Connor had taken refuge, why didn't she direct Skynet to bombard his shelter with a few dozen nukes? Even if the blast didn't get him, the lingering radiation would have prevented him from ever emerging.

4) Will there be another film?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) yes
2)bad luck
3)she has to see it with her own electronic eyes and gather evidence?
4)hope so

I want to see the future with the machines ruling and humanity on verge of being wiped out.

With todays computer graphics and all that jazz as long as Arnie doesnt have a freak accident and die they can continue on.

I wouldnt be the same without him as he is the same model and looks the same when he kills conner in the future.

I hope the answer to 4 is yes. I want to see more of this future war. [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 23
- 8/7/2003 11:55:06 PM   
wulfir

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blunderbuss
[B]3) If the female Terminator knew where Connor had taken refuge, why didn't she direct Skynet to bombard his shelter with a few dozen nukes? Even if the blast didn't get him, the lingering radiation would have prevented him from ever emerging.[/B][/QUOTE]

ahh.. again the AI makes a stupid move... :D

Semper in Primis

Post #: 24
- 8/8/2003 2:44:44 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]But Kristanna Loken is a beauty...and a convincing Terminator too. :p

[IMG]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0181852/T3-FX-324.jpg[/IMG]

"I like your car." [/B][/QUOTE]

I think Kristanna's character would have been portrayed better if her hair was 6" shorter. ;)

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 25
- 8/8/2003 2:26:22 PM   
BrubakerII

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]I think Kristanna's character would have been portrayed better if her hair was 6" shorter. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFL ;)

Brubaker

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Terminator 3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message