Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05 Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05 Now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05 Now... - 1/24/2020 9:37:42 AM   
HybridSpyda

Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05 Now Available!

You can download the update from the product page, My Page or directly here.

While you wait for the download to complete, why not check out what this update includes, see the changelog below:

Changes & Fixes:
• Fixed the dreaded turnback bug.
• Fixed “failure to launch” bug, which also allows mouse-over information to appear on units from later flights like night bombing, intruders, and night fighters where it did not display before.
• Fixed garbled fatigue display for Axis interceptors in flight.
• Raid path lines are now color coded. Blue=night mission, white=day bombing, yellow=recon, green=sweeps. Red is always return leg regardless.
• Fixed turns since last mission to show correctly for assign lead group.
• Fixed attacker’s view of target damage levels changing after loading saved game.
• Added OVC and moonrise display to raid planning screen.
• Added random altitude loss for damaged bomber stragglers.
• Added minor moral check penalties for not resting between missions. Rally (regaining of morale) dependent more on leader inspiration value.
• Fixed supply bug where troops were tracing supply using non-existent locations.
• Fixed bug where some groups without replacement aircraft remained leaderless after leader returned to group.
• 1945 AI will convert older me109’s to TA 152’s if available.
• CLARIFICATION: Before Wilde Sau tactics change, single engine nightfighters can change to 2-engine types, but not vice versa.
• Gave Recon pilots more opportunity to gain experience
• Added more availability dates to unit display.
• Cleaned up allied action log display columns. Re-added asterisk symbol for NAV-equipped bomber groups in unit display (not sure why this was taken away in the first place.)
• Several unused locations no longer get loaded into game data. This fixes targeting and hidden flak-trap bugs as well as odd troop supply route choices.
• Mistaken targeting slightly reduced if long range, but slightly increased if weather is bad.
• Overall Flak effect slightly reduced.
• Fixed odd supply line trace from German units in south France.
• Air Unit display now shows attached HQ properly.
• Strafing fighters will only target airfields with recon-confirmed enemy planes, otherwise they will simply patrol over the target airfield until bingo fuel. This eliminates suicide airfield attacks on empty airfields on the return leg.
• Allies must now have AS of 3 or greater to win BTR campaigns, otherwise best they can achieve is a draw.
• Allied Sudden Death minimum score threshold now shows in red beneath score total in BTR campaigns.
• Greatly improved shuttle functionality.
• Fixed some map graphic anachronisms.
• Added Allied-Italian roundel (was German cross).

Happy Gaming!

< Message edited by Edmon -- 9/22/2020 12:49:05 PM >

Matthew Ravenwood

QA & Operations Manager

Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/24/2020 10:29:13 AM   
V72

Great news and thanks again to everyone who participated in this update ...
Didier

(in reply to HybridSpyda)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/24/2020 11:50:56 AM   
Piteas

Thanks for your hard work!

Vivan the developers!

(in reply to V72)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/24/2020 5:15:51 PM   
AFIntel

Happy Friday!!

Thanks, guys!!

Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/24/2020 8:36:18 PM   
cohimbra

(in reply to AFIntel)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/24/2020 9:00:58 PM   
joey

Thanks for all your efforts.

(in reply to AFIntel)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/25/2020 3:06:55 AM   
Tinstaafl

Awesome

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/25/2020 1:16:48 PM   
Mappo

Many thanks to all of you

(in reply to Tinstaafl)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/26/2020 12:23:01 AM   
Asid

Great news.

Thank you for the patch.

Regards

(in reply to Mappo)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/26/2020 3:48:38 PM   
poymando

Thanks!!!!

(in reply to Asid)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/27/2020 2:14:26 AM   
boogabooga

Thank you.

(in reply to poymando)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/28/2020 3:55:10 AM   
BigDuke66

Thanks for the work!

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 1/29/2020 11:05:33 PM   
Klahn

Well done! Time to dust this one off and give it a go.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/14/2020 4:40:37 PM   
davidjruss

Many thanks - I was looking forward to this update - been playing this type of game since USAAF on the Atari

(in reply to Klahn)
Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/24/2020 10:46:11 PM   
DWatson60

thank you very much

sadly I'm getting the following error: "Could not create uninstall data folder: \uninstall"

I noticed that when the install program windows states it has enough information to install, the folder entry is blank.

I attempted to install in safe mode and run the file as the administrator without success. My next step, pending any recommendations otherwise, is to reinstall the game. Before I consider reinstalling game, will this patch version be enough to bring the game to 1.0 to 1.5 or will I need to install each update? I have all of the updates so its not a problem just time consuming.

one last bit of data - window 10 64bit and the game is installed on a completely separate drive (J: drive) so it is not in a protected folder

thank you

< Message edited by DWatson60 -- 2/24/2020 10:55:44 PM >

Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/25/2020 5:56:15 AM   
WaveRuler

Hi,

I've just got back into the game after a long time away so I've recently installed the patch.
I'm not an expert but I'd say the most likely issue would be the game being located somewhere other than where the patch expects to see it.

As a side note I installed the game onto a newer PC last night, I downloaded it and the patch from the Matrix website (a couple of minutes). There's no need to install any of the earlier patches as far as I know. It took another few seconds to transfer my saves across so the whole process was only 5-10 minutes in total if that's what you wanted to do.

Good luck. If it's something more serious I'm sure you'll get help on here.

Mark

(in reply to DWatson60)
Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/25/2020 11:07:55 AM   
DWatson60

Thanks Mark, it was an issue with my registry. The update could not find the entry in my registry as I had renamed the folder to reflect it was ver. 104. I tried to uninstall the game but again, the issue with the registry entry versus the name of the folder, so I renamed the folder back to its original name. The update still would not work so I did uninstall then reinstall the game and only using the ver. 105 patch, it updated the game. It took only minutes to perform so we are back in business.

This is the only time I can remember where the registry did not update itself to reflect a name change of a folder.

thanks again for your reply Mark

Doug

(in reply to WaveRuler)
Post #: 17
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/25/2020 2:50:49 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWatson60

thank you very much

sadly I'm getting the following error: "Could not create uninstall data folder: \uninstall"

I noticed that when the install program windows states it has enough information to install, the folder entry is blank.

I attempted to install in safe mode and run the file as the administrator without success. My next step, pending any recommendations otherwise, is to reinstall the game. Before I consider reinstalling game, will this patch version be enough to bring the game to 1.0 to 1.5 or will I need to install each update? I have all of the updates so its not a problem just time consuming.

one last bit of data - window 10 64bit and the game is installed on a completely separate drive (J: drive) so it is not in a protected folder

thank you

Patch 1.05 is comprehensive so no need to install earlier patches.

simovitch

(in reply to DWatson60)
Post #: 18
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 2/25/2020 8:48:27 PM   
BigDuke66

Have no experience with W10 but I doubt that renaming a folder will lead to any changes in the registry.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 19
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 3/6/2020 10:36:56 PM   
DWatson60

sorry for my late reply and thanks for your posts. In the past, I have copied game folders to form new versions of a game when MODs are available. So I tend to leave a base/clean game folder where I initially installed the game, copy it to create a second game folder then changing the mod game folder to reflect the mod. Best example I can use is with Il-2 1946, I have 4 copies of the game to reflect Il-2 4.12.2 (which I consider my base game); Il-2 B.A.T.; Il-2 VP MOD; and Il-2 ver. 4.13.4.

Anyway, I'm doing the same thing here as I thoroughly enjoy the Fw190 Mod.

thanks again

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 20
RE: Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05... - 3/30/2020 1:44:32 PM   
Orm

Thank you for the update. Truly appreciated.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to DWatson60)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich v1.05 Now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI