Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do you give names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Do you give names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do you give names - 6/29/2001 7:29:00 PM   
toundra

to your tanks? I play with something like 4 to 6 tanks (1000 points) 2 wolverines "Big Mac" "sharpshooter" 2 shermans "Menphis belle" "Wild Bill ;)"

Post #: 1
- 6/29/2001 8:10:00 PM   
Mark Ezra

One of the features I most enjoy about CM is the Ability to re-name units/leaders. In Campaigns I always use my name for the AO (ya gotta blame somebody!)and name the leaders of all the units. Sometimes I rename the units as well. For example: a platoon of tanks Listed E0, E1, E2, ect Might be Called Easy, Eddie, EL Cid...it makes an easy way to track the platoon. Sometimes I name all the unit leaders in a similar fashion as an easy method of checking morale/promotion status. And yes, I do actually have a life...I just like SPWAW better...LOL

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 2
- 6/29/2001 9:05:00 PM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by toundra: to your tanks? I play with something like 4 to 6 tanks (1000 points) 2 wolverines "Big Mac" "sharpshooter" 2 shermans "Menphis belle" "Wild Bill ;)"
I have named my wolverine 'Kitty Killer'.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 3
- 6/29/2001 10:45:00 PM   
Gallo Rojo

I also name my HQ after myself, and some of my leaders after friends of mine. And I always mane recon leaders after my brother-in-law... you know, recon is a dangerous job so he is always killed (yes, I don’t like the guy) :D :D

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 4
- 6/29/2001 11:11:00 PM   
Rambodoc

I am currently playing the megacamapaign (it is great!!!) and for the first time have been renaming my units. However, it seems that the name reverts back to the default when a new battle starts. Is there any way to prevent this and keep the new names.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 5
- 6/30/2001 12:03:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... No, there is way to do this. Sorry. The campaign authors frequently use historical names for some of your folks and when the game loads, it looks for the names the campaign author chose.
quote:

Originally posted by Rambodoc: I am currently playing the megacamapaign (it is great!!!) and for the first time have been renaming my units. However, it seems that the name reverts back to the default when a new battle starts. Is there any way to prevent this and keep the new names.
Hope this helps... Michael Wood

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 6
- 6/30/2001 12:24:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by sven: I have named my wolverine 'Kitty Killer'.
I love it. Now if you could just rename the enemy units too, 'Kitty Litter' :D :D :D

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 7
- 6/30/2001 3:42:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Personalizing your units is a big plus in SP. I'm sorry we could not give you that option in MCNA. Being a campaign and not knowing what you might want to name them, I chose not to do that at all. It is a fun thing to do. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 8
- 6/30/2001 8:03:00 AM   
Jack

What I do is give all my units call signs. I am playing a brigade size battle now just finished turn 1. I numbered all my units. CC is off but for the player by naming the units all the same at Coy or Squadron level it is easier to keep the units together. For fun I also name Squadron and Coy Commander. I think it is cool because when the rallying takes place peoples names you know are now involved in a small way. The other advantage to using call signs is when your PBEM oppenent uses the VCR playback button all he sees is info like 1 fire on GE Sqd, 1 casualty. Well 1 could be anything from a siper to a tank. The Brigade size battle I am doing now email we used 15000 points. So I have 10 Squadrons of tanks, 5 Coy of Inf one of which is mechanized, and some respectable arty.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 9
- 6/30/2001 11:47:00 AM   
troopie

Always. Units get callsigns. I often rename the leaders. troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 10
- 6/30/2001 12:17:00 PM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: Always. Units get callsigns. I often rename the leaders. troopie
My favorite SPA unit is 'Dear Hans' My favorite tank destroyer is 'Kitty Killer' My favorite tank is 'Essen Express' My HQ is 'puzzle palace' My crack infantry is 'Wilder's Waiders'(WB) naming the units helps during op fire, and when you call in fire missions. regards, sven

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Do you give names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI