Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 5:52:37 PM   
AlbertoC

The new chapter in the wargaming franchise that has sold over one million copies will be available for PC on March 19th – but you can pre-order it right now to get bonus content, a nice discount plus an extra surprise.

Built with Unreal Engine 4 and including more than 500 hyper-detailed 3D models, plus realistic terrains and weather effects, Panzer Corps 2 is the sequel every strategy gamer has been looking for. You will lead the Wehrmacht war machine all the way from the invasion of Poland to the final defense of the Motherland, and you can even turn the tide and win World War 2 by seizing Moscow, conquering the United Kingdom and even land your Panzers in North America to besiege Washington DC.

You can pre-order Panzer Corps 2 Field Marshal Edition on Steam from today for $59.99, at 15% discount on the full release-day price of $69.99. By buying the Field Marshal Edition you’ll receive special bonuses: the full soundtrack, 4 digital wallpapers, extra scenarios and camo skins, and the first two future DLCs, available later this year after the game release.

But that’s not all – there’s one final surprise: by pre-ordering the Field Marshal Edition you will be able to play Panzer Corps 2 before everybody else. From February 18th to 20th, every player who pre-ordered the Marshal Edition will get the chance to download Panzer Corps 2 and play it for 48 hour, until February 20th.

Panzer Corps Gold gets a permanent price reduction

From today, the original Panzer Corps and all its DLCs are combined in the complete edition, Panzer Corps Gold, including all DLCs ever published and its standalone expansions. And with a huge permanent price reduction: until yesterday, this pack would have cost more than $80 – but now, it’s only $29.99. Every strategy gamer can fill the gap in their videogame collection with this unrivaled classic – plus, it’s a good way to tide yourself over during the wait for Panzer Corps 2, coming out just around the corner on March 19th.
Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 6:05:27 PM   
actrade

I don't understand why this isn't available here as well as steam? I understand steam charges a hefty fee to list games, so why not list it here as well for those of us who want to support the developers?

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 6:59:41 PM   
Blond_Knight

Friends dont let Friends preorder.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 10:01:24 PM   
demyansk

Yeah, only on Steam? Interesting and price? 70 bucks
Hmm, I don't like buying right away due to bugs

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 4
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 10:01:46 PM   
okiemcguire

AlbertoC.. I was so happy to find Panzer Corps available for Ipad. But the Gold edition still shows nearly $80. WHen can I get the Gold at the reduced price for the Ipad? PS.. I own all PC versions of game an am a Beta tester for Panzer Corps 2.

"Robur Ex Vigilantia," meaning "In Vigilance is Strength"

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 5
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/6/2020 10:05:39 PM   
balto

Got it! Any chance they could move those dates to the weekend, they are right in the middle of the work week. I realize the answer is "NO" but just saying.

(in reply to okiemcguire)
Post #: 6
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/7/2020 10:38:41 AM   
RPKUPK

From what I've seen of five or six Panzer Corps 2 online plays or reviews, the game has a very unattractive appearance with the yellow greens and green and 200 foot tall soldiers staring down at a satellite view! The playing area appears very much like a child's 'Army Men' plastic toy game set up on a coffee table in a little boy's den. The players are playing it exactly that way(!):"Let's move this tank here," and, "Oh, we need some artillery," and, "Let's bring in a plane to bomb," and, "Boy, that didn't work out well." Terrible! At this point, no plans to buy. Maybe, instead, a 'Google Play' $3.99 game which is exactly what this resembles.
Very displeased.

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 7
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/9/2020 2:28:30 PM   
Hertston

How much?!! And for what, the now-usual 'starter' game before an endless stream of DLC, no doubt? That will be half that price in the next Steam sale but one, or when you have DLC to flog?

You are having a laugh. Somebody wake me up when a WitE 2 or WitP 2 comes along.

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 8
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/9/2020 9:43:03 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
How much?!! And for what, the now-usual 'starter' game before an endless stream of DLC, no doubt? That will be half that price in the next Steam sale but one, or when you have DLC to flog?

Complaining about pricing is such a fruitless endeavor, but I fully agree with these two points.
IMO the premium pricing - even considering the Unreal 4 license - is steep for a Panzer General / Corp reboot - essentially a beer and pretzels wargame.

That said I’ll certainly pick it up at a later date when reality has kicked in again.
Still I wish them a successful release.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 9
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/9/2020 11:48:06 PM   
VPaulus

Just to be clear about Panzer Corps 2 price:

$39.99 for the Base game
$49.99 for the General Edition
$69.99 for the Field Marshal Edition - but with a 15% pre-order discount.

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 10
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/10/2020 5:13:02 AM   
terminator

What is the General Edition?

< Message edited by terminator -- 2/10/2020 5:17:00 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 11
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/10/2020 8:29:46 AM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: terminator

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072040/Panzer_Corps_2/

General = base game + goodies
Marshal = base game + goodies + 2 dlc

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 2/10/2020 8:31:39 AM >

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 12
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/10/2020 8:32:15 AM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Just to be clear about Panzer Corps 2 price:

$39.99 for the Base game
$49.99 for the General Edition
$69.99 for the Field Marshal Edition - but with a 15% pre-order discount.

Thanks for clarifying that, I certainly jumped to conclusions.

The Marshal isn’t that crazy after factoring in those two DLCs, which will probably go to USD /EUR 15,- each.
If you are in for the skins and extras that’s not a bad deal - certainly not over the top compared to what we find in the Steam store.

First an apology, second I’ll more than likely pick up the base game on release.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 13
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/10/2020 9:20:04 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: terminator

- New Bonus scenarios: 4 brand new scenarios in which you can test your mettle against the AI. Face new, original situations and adapt your tactics to overcome your opponents.

- New Camo skins: New 75 exclusive skins are available for your vehicles. In Panzer Corps 2 you can customize the appearance of your units, and with the General Edition you have access to special skins which aren’t accessible in the base game.

- Digital printable Campaign tree chart: A beautiful hi-res printable artwork depicting the branching single player Wehrmacht campaign in Panzer Corps 2, and which choices you can take.

- Digital Wallpapers: 4 Hi-res desktop sized digital wallpapers depicting new Panzer Corps inspired artwork.

- Digital Soundtrack: 16 beautiful tracks composed by the talented Bill Meyers, Dan Bewick and Alexander Shargin, inspired by classic movies on World War II. Available for download as high quality .mp3 files.

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 14
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/10/2020 3:40:23 PM   
AlKesselring

On Thursday, February 6th, I purchased Panzer Corps 2 on Steam. Through Steam, at that time, there was only one icon that had "Panzer Corps 2" for sale. After I pulled the trigger, and spent $59.49 / $64.10 (before / after tax) the second icon for the Panzer Corps 2 Field Marshal Edition appeared. All that shows up on my game list is "Panzer Corps 2". Is there a way through Steam, to find out what version I purchased? Since Steam is displaying two icons of Panzer Corps 2, are these two separate purchases?

< Message edited by AlKesselring -- 2/10/2020 3:43:04 PM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 15
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/18/2020 4:52:14 PM   
bismark2010

When can you play the field marshal edition? where to pla
y on steam? Michael Patterson

(in reply to AlKesselring)
Post #: 16
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/18/2020 5:28:49 PM   
AlbertoC

You can now play by right clicking on Panzer Corps 2 in your Steam Library and then click Install

(in reply to bismark2010)
Post #: 17
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/19/2020 3:47:34 PM   
Blond_Knight

There's going to be a non-steam traditional version sold here soon right?

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 18
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/19/2020 4:03:35 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blond_Knight

There's going to be a non-steam traditional version sold here soon right?

There will absolutely be Matrix versions available at release :)

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 19
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/19/2020 11:46:34 PM   
balto

Have only been able to play with it for a couple hours due to the pre-release being during the work week!!! But with the 2-3 hours, it really appears to be great! No doubt multiplayer will be in the mix for this. BTW - I know none of us Matrix types are hugely into graphics, but they are great.., especially the CAMO thing that comes with the Field Marshall Edition.

< Message edited by balto -- 2/20/2020 3:31:18 AM >

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 20
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/20/2020 12:49:36 AM   
nnason

The graphics are great. BUT the units are hard to see. Focus on one unit and it is OK but step back and the units wash out so hard to see the larger picture.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 21
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/20/2020 4:55:39 AM   
Simulacra53

Got the Marshall Edition, good deal, had a half hour look in the open beta, positively surprised.

Unreal is a bold good step for a strategy game, but the type game that still has a broad potential appeal.
I really hope you can pull off a mainstream success here.

Of course some will lament the fact that with Unreal comes a different demand on their system, GPU and settings...

Did not have time for really exploring the game as it is midweek and RL demands outweigh the beta opportunity.

If the AI holds up I know I will get my money’s worth here.
The different camouflage skins are a nice addition - tried with the German vehicle skins - still curious if player made skins and markings are easy to include, again no time to explore.

Here’s to smooth bug free release and hoping for a commercial success.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 22
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/26/2020 7:15:26 AM   
JSteinhoff7

Will loyal Matrix supporters/fans, be able to pre-order Panzer Corp II and it's various versions directly from Matrix, prior to the release date?
I would much prefer to own a hard copy (mailed disk) version, than reward STEAM....! I wish to support the program/game origins, not STEAM profits!

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 23
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/26/2020 7:23:24 AM   
JSteinhoff7

I am not new to the computer world, I cut my teeth on Microsoft DOS, (DISK OPERATING SYSTEM) The Original GEEK language of the early computer era. At 65 yrs., I still love strategy gaming! Long over due to post some feedback, etc. Cheers to all!

(in reply to JSteinhoff7)
Post #: 24
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/26/2020 7:59:24 AM   
JSteinhoff7

Also, a Kubrick fan boy!

(in reply to JSteinhoff7)
Post #: 25
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 2/26/2020 12:23:37 PM   
Hanal

I am having a difficult time deciding on purchasing this or not. It is not the price so much as the ground has already been covered....I own Panzer Corp and all DLCs...I own Order of Battle and all DLCs...perhaps one day, when I am bored playing the two games that I already own, I might pick this up.... unless someone can honestly sell me on this title....

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 26
RE: Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order - 4/12/2020 7:36:23 PM   
johnsmith101

I understand steam charges a hefty fee to list games, so why not list it here as well for those of us who want to support the developers?

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Panzer Corps 2 is now available on pre-order Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI