Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Extra german forces in H2H

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Extra german forces in H2H Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Extra german forces in H2H - 7/14/2003 6:42:23 AM   
Alby

which country has the rest of the german forces...is it norway??
and how can you tell if they are actually german or norway units? :confused:
thanks

Post #: 1
- 7/14/2003 7:01:53 AM   
m10bob

Two weeks ago I asked Leo where the German Bren AT unit was and he told me to look in Norway..FWIW..

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 2
- 7/14/2003 8:49:30 AM   
Alby

Ive seen some strange things in norway oob
Panther 2 listed as light tank
Panther F listed as same
2 different king tigers
has anyone looked at this oob?

would it not be better to eliminate one of the never used smaller countries for extra german units, rather than mixing them up with an existing oob?

too late now I reckon

I ask because in an email game I am playing against the germans,
I am suddenly facing the Maus, panther 2, panther F and wondered where the hell they came from!!!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
- 7/14/2003 11:40:28 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alby
[B]

I am suddenly facing the Maus, panther 2, panther F and wondered where the hell they came from!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like your opponent did a PBEM
[I]no-no;[/I] using the 'Nations' button without pre-battle approval.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
- 7/14/2003 2:26:37 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracer
[B]Sounds like your opponent did a PBEM
[I]no-no;[/I] using the 'Nations' button without pre-battle approval. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep,...all the stuff in the Norway OOB is either extremely rare or what-if material.

So no-one should use it without negotiating about it with his opponent. That's why I sorted out all this stuff, to get pretty realistic forces setup within the normal German OOB (and because it was too small, ofcourse).
There're units that will not influence balance, but Sturmtigers and the like do not belong into a normal PBEM, IMHO.

General notes on the Norwegian OOB:

This OOB is a German OOB from '41 on...Exp, Morale and Leadership ratings are German ratings till '49.
The only things different from German units might be the names...but many of the Norwegian names can also be found in Germany...so not even a real setback.

The Norwegian OOB contains the following kinds of units:

- rare German wartime equipement like 75mm squeeze bore AT-gun
- captured equipement
- uncommon artillery, like 88 used in indirect role
- infantry (not really rare...just to fill in the gaps from the normal OOB), like SS with captured LMG
- what-if stuff for post 5/45 battles

Do not care about a unit class. If a Panther F is listed as "light tank", it's only there to create a units purchase menue for it...it doesn't have to say anything...

For all what-if freaks, German units after 5/45:

- Kingtiger with infra red vision
- Panther F with Schmalturm
- AT-missile "Rotkäppchen" (wire-guided AT-missile)
- Jet dive-bomber HS-132 (a Stuka with jet engine)
- Infantry with Panzerfaust 150

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
- 7/14/2003 11:07:51 PM   
Alby

Thanks for the info Leo!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
- 7/15/2003 12:03:44 AM   
o4r

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alby
[B]Ive seen some strange things in norway oob
Panther 2 listed as light tank
Panther F listed as same
2 different king tigers
has anyone looked at this oob?

would it not be better to eliminate one of the never used smaller countries for extra german units, rather than mixing them up with an existing oob?

too late now I reckon

I am suddenly facing the Maus, panther 2, panther F and wondered where the hell they came from!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno why the 2 pather 2 is listed as light tank most likely a mistake Pather F is a duplicate but the 2 king tigers is reflecting the 2 different model made on the king tiger. One is from Porshe which is using a electrical turret and was rejected by Hilter. That why there is a denotation of (p). The other become the standard model.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
- 7/15/2003 3:30:02 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by o4r
[B]I dunno why the 2 pather 2 is listed as light tank most likely a mistake Pather F is a duplicate but the 2 king tigers is reflecting the 2 different model made on the king tiger. One is from Porshe which is using a electrical turret and was rejected by Hilter. That why there is a denotation of (p). The other become the standard model. [/B][/QUOTE]

2 Panther II ?

Duplicate ?

Don't get it...

The Panther II uses the same icon like the Panther F. The Panther II is a complete what-if vehicle. Although prototype hulls existed (picture shows a P-II hull with a late G-model turret), it most likely would never have seen production, even if the war lasted a year longer. The P-II is mainly a mixture of the Panther series and the Kingtiger.
The Panther F though would have been the next model to be produced. The first factories were already setting up for the new turret (the hull is still a G-type) and in mid '45 it would have been started in mass production.

As I said, don't worry about the "light tank" class. I picked it, to get a clean purchase. The "medium tank" and "main battle tank" classes are already used up by Kingtigers and a captured Sherman...and the Kingtiger is just a medium, because I needed the heavy tank class for the Elefant a.s.o. ...nothing that influences gameplay, just my way to sort things and to avoid double listings in the purchase...

BTW, I forgot to mention a complete what-if formation:

Kommando "Sperber"

A fully equipped infra-red vision task force with Panther "UHU", Sdkfz "Falke" and "UHU" and troops with StG 44 with night vision "Vampir" :eek:

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
IR task force - 7/15/2003 10:42:52 AM   
stevemk1a

A question regarding the "Kommando Sperber" ... is it available for purchase as complete unit in the new H2H? I can't seem to find it either in the Ger or Norway purchase screens ... I'm certainly not considering using it in pbems :D :D he he!!, but I'm toying with the notion of a scenario for my own use involving this 'what if' unit. I've found two accounts of Panther Uhu's used in action in nighttime conditions ... one vs. a U.S. AT gun position, and one vs. British Comet tanks. Was the IR tanks, SPW's and infantry used in concert, or just the Panthers? .... What was the projected TOE of these units :confused: I'm going to see what I can dig up, but I thought I'd throw a line in here too...:)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 9
- 7/15/2003 12:34:22 PM   
stevemk1a

Ok - so from what I've seen, the Spw251's use of the IR spotlight increases the vision of the Panther Uhu's IR equipment from 100 meters to about 700 meters. Apparently, armoured shields were to be welded on the engine deck of the Panther Uhu to protect Vampir armed infantry riders ... Apparently the ad-hoc Panzer division "Clausewitz" was equipped with some IR Panthers and was responsable for the documented attacks on the American 3" AT gun position on the Elbe-Weser canal and the attack on the Brit Comet platoon. 116 Panzer division and "Muncheberg" Panzer division also got some "Uhu's", but no record of their use... interesting stuff ... :cool:

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 10
- 7/15/2003 2:41:13 PM   
Panzer Leo

Yep, I don't know of any other reports...the so called Kommando "Sperber" is a fictional task force...similar plans existed, but actual use is not documented.

It consists of

- a Plt Panther UHU
- one Sdkfz 215 UHU with a big IR light, to increase range for all other IR receivers by illuminating targets (not possible to model - it just has a better IR range itself)
- a Platoon of Panzergrenadiere with Vampir scopes on their StG44
- transported in Sdkfz 251 Falke, that has IR for driver and commander

They can be found in the "Misc." in late '45

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 11
- 7/15/2003 9:04:47 PM   
o4r

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panzer Leo
[B]Yep, I don't know of any other reports...the so called Kommando "Sperber" is a fictional task force...similar plans existed, but actual use is not documented.

It consists of

- a Plt Panther UHU
- one Sdkfz 215 UHU with a big IR light, to increase range for all other IR receivers by illuminating targets (not possible to model - it just has a better IR range itself)
- a Platoon of Panzergrenadiere with Vampir scopes on their StG44
- transported in Sdkfz 251 Falke, that has IR for driver and commander

They can be found in the "Misc." in late '45 [/B][/QUOTE]
I only knew that the US or British (cant remember which) had a tank that carry 2 large spot light, it is supposed to use with other tanks at nite. It will luminate the target and other tanks shoot at it. It was used once by the Russian, well the outcome is a joke. The tank with the spot light was always the first target to be shot at and destroyed. However it was used for river crossing where light is needed at nite.

Leo, is there a way maybe like totally destroyed a country and set them totally to another country? Like you use Norway, can it be set to the same status as German and convert all to German?

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 12
- 7/15/2003 9:07:18 PM   
o4r

Sometime war is a joke.

I remember reading sometime about the knee mortar of the Japanese. When the American first captured it, they translate the name to be knee mortar and when they used their knee to support the mortar for firing, they ended up in hospital.

Well actually the Japanese called them knee mortar because they carried them by strapping it to the knee not firing with it supporting on your knee.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 13
- 7/15/2003 10:36:15 PM   
Jack

Just saying thanks Panzer Leo
I ask you to incorporate the what if units for post 45 era and you did. Thanks a million.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 14
- 7/16/2003 12:35:04 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Thanks Panzer Leo! I can't wait to try the final version of H2H!

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Extra german forces in H2H Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI