Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Brother Against Brother Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Brother Against Brother Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Brother Against Brother Help - 12/10/2019 11:26:10 AM   
Brambo

Hi, still learning this game, which is great. I have done the cargo tutorial and am playing the Brother Against Brother Scenario and I can't seem to pick up the people from the sunken ship as instructed. I deploy the SAR helicopters to the area, rightclick and select unload/load cargo and select a liferaft, and nothing happens, they just fly around doing nothing. Am I doing something really stupid? Thanks in advance for any help.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/6/2020 10:02:51 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 1/29/2020 12:35:02 PM   
Chris21wen

Me neither and as usual there nothing in any documantation and from the length of time this has been up, no forum help either.

Bad, very bad.

(in reply to Brambo)
Post #: 2
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 1/29/2020 12:58:22 PM   
Sharana

Nvm, wrong scenario.

< Message edited by Sharana -- 1/29/2020 1:41:37 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 1/29/2020 1:28:53 PM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Me neither and as usual there nothing in any documantation and from the length of time this has been up, no forum help either.

Bad, very bad.

Cheers, posts like this really do encourage me to take time out of my other work and come here to offer help.

Here is the documentation presented at scenario start-up.

Posting on a forum doesn't need to be an adversarial affair, it is quite possible to interact with developers in a non confrontational manner.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/1/2020 2:33:19 PM   
Chris21wen

Well it certainly works once you can find 'special actions'!

Thanks

Why is it hidden under 'Game', surely it should be under 'Unit orders'?

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/1/2020 4:03:29 PM   
thewood1

Its not hidden unless you don't read the manual or the game play notes. You have made a few pertinent points in your short time playing CMO, but you're just plain going out of your way to crap on the devs. That significantly hurts your credibility on reporting stuff in my eyes, for what that's worth. I would suggest devs not waste time with your reports at this point.

btw, the devs eventually address EVERY valid report of an issue. Maybe not as fast as less mature people like. But jumping on threads where you have ZERO to contribute beyond trying to childishly garner some attention is the opposite of helpful.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 2/1/2020 4:05:46 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/2/2020 8:39:27 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Its not hidden unless you don't read the manual or the game play notes. You have made a few pertinent points in your short time playing CMO, but you're just plain going out of your way to crap on the devs. That significantly hurts your credibility on reporting stuff in my eyes, for what that's worth. I would suggest devs not waste time with your reports at this point.

btw, the devs eventually address EVERY valid report of an issue. Maybe not as fast as less mature people like. But jumping on threads where you have ZERO to contribute beyond trying to childishly garner some attention is the opposite of helpful.

Thanks for you response.

Now I'll add my twopence worth without resulting to personnal insults. By the way once you do that you've lost the argument anyway.

I purchased the game and expect, like anything I buy, for it to work. Now given that this is a computer game and many are released before they are ready you do get bugs, I understand that. This has more than most but allowances, it is complicated but given the the length of time it and its predessor has been around most of the silly basic bugs should be iron out.

You are correct it is all there but not in the documentation e.g. my goto on any game, the manual. OK it mentions it it in the scenedit but not where it is or how it works in the interface section. I even went into the CMANO manual addendum to see if that offered a clue.

Almost every other sceanrio I play has some wierd thing happen or normal thing that I want more info on. Things that should be easy to find if documented correctly.

I bought the game, cannot return it to get my money back so I'll continue to post anything I find broken, confusing or whatever, you can ignore them if you wish, that's your choice, but I take great exception to personnal insults.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/2/2020 10:06:34 AM   
thewood1

Send me your venmo handle and I'll pay you back for the game if you promise to never post here again. If you are so enraged you are going to jump into posts that have nothing to do with you and complain about stuff completely within your control, I'll help you out.

Once the money transfers, send me the serial numbers and you can move on with your life that is in such a state of disruption.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/2/2020 10:08:45 AM   
thewood1

btw, it mentions it right at the beginning of the game. And using special actions is in the manual.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/2/2020 1:59:10 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

Unit orders are, as the description implies, specific to a unit (or collection of units). Special actions, like losses & expenditures and some other elements, apply to the entire side that the player is controlling in a scenario. Thus they fall under the "Game" UI grouping.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 10
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/3/2020 6:17:59 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Send me your venmo handle and I'll pay you back for the game if you promise to never post here again. If you are so enraged you are going to jump into posts that have nothing to do with you and complain about stuff completely within your control, I'll help you out.

Once the money transfers, send me the serial numbers and you can move on with your life that is in such a state of disruption.

Actually I don't want to do that. Despite the game having numerous, frustrating quirks it is still a game I want to play, but without them. Same that criticism isn't accepted.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 11
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/3/2020 6:18:55 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

btw, it mentions it right at the beginning of the game. And using special actions is in the manual.

As I said in an earlier post, 'You are correct'.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/3/2020 6:19:26 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

Unit orders are, as the description implies, specific to a unit (or collection of units). Special actions, like losses & expenditures and some other elements, apply to the entire side that the player is controlling in a scenario. Thus they fall under the "Game" UI grouping.

Thanks

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 13
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/13/2020 3:10:05 AM   
sufa101loofa

When The Search and Rescues are performed on lifeboats do the lifeboats (A + the circle dot) get removed from the map? Also, is there a log of the rescue being successful? I am getting the pop-up window stating Special Action "Perform Search Rescue" has been executed but nothing else.

< Message edited by sufa101loofa -- 2/13/2020 4:05:45 AM >

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...Winston Churchill

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 14
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/13/2020 4:31:54 PM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sufa101loofa

When The Search and Rescues are performed on lifeboats do the lifeboats (A + the circle dot) get removed from the map? Also, is there a log of the rescue being successful? I am getting the pop-up window stating Special Action "Perform Search Rescue" has been executed but nothing else.

Hey sufa101loofa,

Can you post a save?

Also in the future try not to report issues under a thread that has been marked as 'Resolved', it's really easy for us to miss it that way

(in reply to sufa101loofa)
Post #: 15
RE: Brother Against Brother Help - 2/16/2020 11:47:27 AM   
sufa101loofa

Duly noted. I have posted a new thread and attached a save file. Thanks

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...Winston Churchill

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Brother Against Brother Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI