Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/24/2020 1:28:12 PM   
Dimitris

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=131OEEEU9fEmPhnTQFbn55CnmUXeVKGZd

To apply: Unzip to the installation folder, overwriting as necessary.

This is a public beta release. Standard disclaimers apply.

Release Notes (changes from B1121.9)
----------------------------------------------------------------

* The Lua engine now uses Lua v5.3 (fixes various Lua-related crashes reported post-CMO release)
* Instead of each scenario being loaded & played having its own dedicated Lua environment, there is now a single "global" sandbox.
* Includes an updated version of the "Broken Shield 300" scenario.
* Fixed: #13673: Cannot group units through menu
* UI Tweak: Added scroll to history portion of Lua Console Window to allow mouse scrolling
* Fixed: CTRL-H shortcut not working
* Various sim-core performance tweaks
* FIXED: Airgroup losing cohesion when attacking (without plotted course) while under manual thottle/altitude
* Tweak: By default, write debug/error info to ExceptionLog.txt
* ADDED: [Lua] Functions to handle mines
* FIXED: Lua: Some methods failing to match on GUID due to case mismatch
* FIXED: Units shooting missiles at extreme edge of DLZ envelope (causes frequent cases of weapon running out of energy)
* UI Fix: Re-attach log window on scenario load. Clear log window placement when re-attached.
* UI tweak: If no placement data can be retrieved for a secondary window, just place it on the default Window location

Post #: 1
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/24/2020 3:24:10 PM   
mikerohan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris
[...]
* FIXED: Airgroup losing cohesion when attacking (without plotted course) while under manual thottle/altitude
[...]
* FIXED: Units shooting missiles at extreme edge of DLZ envelope (causes frequent cases of weapon running out of energy)
[...]

Thanks!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/24/2020 4:01:16 PM   
Dide

Thanks!!!

(in reply to mikerohan)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/24/2020 5:33:53 PM   
Parel803

Thank you

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/24/2020 7:45:39 PM   
Scorpion86

You guys are tireless! Thank you! Especially with the extreme-range shots bug, that was a real gamebreaker!

(in reply to Parel803)
Post #: 5
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/25/2020 10:07:36 PM   
thewood1

One thing I'd like to commend the devs on is addressing the Lua issue. Lua calls ended up changing on them in Lua's latest update. The devs spent enormous amounts of time having to fix the issues that the changes caused. Most of this was and is beyond their control and they really had to jump through some hoops to get at it.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 6
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/25/2020 10:51:17 PM   
kevinkins

Thanks for mentioning and highlighting that to players. This is sort of a behind the scenes thing that can often get lost. I did read somewhere that the new lua changes/improvements might make developers go grey everywhere it is used. We hope that is not the case here.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/26/2020 7:17:48 PM   
mikkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1
One thing I'd like to commend the devs on is addressing the Lua issue. Lua calls ended up changing on them in Lua's latest update. The devs spent enormous amounts of time having to fix the issues that the changes caused. Most of this was and is beyond their control and they really had to jump through some hoops to get at it.
nicely written Kevin. Thanks devs!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/28/2020 3:30:12 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I agree with KevinKins: thank you for letting us know!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/28/2020 3:36:02 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you for this latest release.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 10
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 2/29/2020 11:30:10 AM   
overkill01

Thank you, i'm glad the missle bug got fixed.
But can the changes made to change format for mappictures in B1121.9 be reverted please ?
The map looks awefull with all those squares in the oceans, and maptiles still load slow anyway, so... .
Or give us an option to choose format or something.

< Message edited by overkill01 -- 2/29/2020 11:39:37 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 11
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 3/2/2020 1:47:22 PM   
stolypin

Anyone else having MAJOR issues with this update? I've got ships moving erratically all over the place as well time getting stuck. (The game is not freezing - the time simply does not advance). I reverted back to 1121.9 and the game works fine.

Happy to attach a save if I'm the only one reporting this problem but I'm thinking this update has something seriously wrong. I applied it the same way I have applied the updates for the past 5 years -- simply coping over the old files. I even tried it a second time thinking maybe I missed something.

I have the Matrix version.

(in reply to overkill01)
Post #: 12
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 3/2/2020 2:11:33 PM   
thewood1

How about putting technical issues in the technical issues thread. Might help all around.

(in reply to stolypin)
Post #: 13
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 3/4/2020 8:06:40 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: overkill01
Thank you, i'm glad the missle bug got fixed.
But can the changes made to change format for mappictures in B1121.9 be reverted please ?
The map looks awefull with all those squares in the oceans, and maptiles still load slow anyway, so... .
Or give us an option to choose format or something.

Hi,

When you first reported the issue with the "square" artifacts on some sea regions, we re-generated the tiles for most zoom levels and re-uploaded them.

So, can you try to delete the cached tiles so that they are re-downloaded?

To do this, simply delete this folder: [CMO]\WW\Cache\S2Cloudless_webp

Please give it a try and let us know, preferably on the tech support forum. Thanks!

(in reply to overkill01)
Post #: 14
RE: Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 - 3/4/2020 8:07:31 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: stolypin

Anyone else having MAJOR issues with this update? I've got ships moving erratically all over the place as well time getting stuck. (The game is not freezing - the time simply does not advance). I reverted back to 1121.9 and the game works fine.

Happy to attach a save if I'm the only one reporting this problem but I'm thinking this update has something seriously wrong. I applied it the same way I have applied the updates for the past 5 years -- simply coping over the old files. I even tried it a second time thinking maybe I missed something.

I have the Matrix version.

Can you please make a thread on the Tech Support forum with a detailed description and a suitable save? Thank you.

(in reply to stolypin)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command Modern Operations v1.01 update - Build 1134.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI