Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few questions about the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> A few questions about the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few questions about the game - 3/10/2020 3:22:31 AM   
Lonewolf187

So everything about this game is looking very interesting to me. However I have a few questions:

I have never played a game like this one before, are there any games that have similar combat mechanics to this one?

Will you be able to play on Earth, will that be available as an option?

Will there be aircraft in the game like fighters/bombers and helicopters or VTOLS of some kind?

Will you be able to research bio-tech weapons and armor or cybernetic technologies?
Post #: 1
RE: A few questions about the game - 3/10/2020 9:01:35 AM   
battlefield91

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lonewolf187

So everything about this game is looking very interesting to me. However I have a few questions:

I have never played a game like this one before, are there any games that have similar combat mechanics to this one?

Will you be able to play on Earth, will that be available as an option?

Will there be aircraft in the game like fighters/bombers and helicopters or VTOLS of some kind?

Will you be able to research bio-tech weapons and armor or cybernetic technologies?

A game with similar combat mechanics is Advanced Tactics: Gold. It is also the same developer.

From what I have read so far, there will be no navy or air force in the game. (For first release.)

(in reply to Lonewolf187)
Post #: 2
RE: A few questions about the game - 3/12/2020 12:45:08 PM   
Vic

True. Air + Navy + Earth-clones are reserved as added features for after release. The complexity is already high and i prefer to have properly fine-tuned what there is now before building on top. But it is defenitely my top item for post release.

Research options are quite extensive. With almost a 100 different Techs that can be discovered. There is nothing cybernetic (if i do not count robotics) to research, but you can find cybernetic artifacts in archeological digs.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to battlefield91)
Post #: 3
RE: A few questions about the game - 3/12/2020 1:17:43 PM   
Lonewolf187

Ah, thank you for the reply.

So in regards to technologies and artifacts, when you start the game and re-emerge what tech level would you start out at? WW1, WW2, or Modern (Today) tech? Will there be options to start out at a lower tech base, for example can you start out with swords and spears and work your way up?

As for artifacts, in the AAR's that are being shown, you started out with one (A factory I believe) and found a cloning chamber in another ruin. Will there be an option to turn those off so you can go through with out finding them if you wanted?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: A few questions about the game - 4/8/2020 7:25:19 PM   
Bradley62

Can't wait to dive in. How large is a hex?

(in reply to Lonewolf187)
Post #: 5
RE: A few questions about the game - 4/9/2020 5:52:45 PM   
Vic

A hex is technically 200x200 kms and a turn is 2 earth months (but local planet calender can diverge)

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 6
RE: A few questions about the game - 4/12/2020 2:41:45 PM   
Bradley62

Wow 124 miles squared is enormous. So much would fit in that hex. Could you graphically represent everything in it if you choose high density or concentrated construction zones? Can't wait to explore and learn some of the game.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: A few questions about the game - 4/13/2020 1:55:38 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

Wow 124 miles squared is enormous. So much would fit in that hex. Could you graphically represent everything in it if you choose high density or concentrated construction zones? Can't wait to explore and learn some of the game.

I have made some concessions for gameplay reasons :) Not much fun to have a totally empty map and everything in 1 hex.

However you could concentrate a LOT in 1 hex economically speaking if you would want to.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> A few questions about the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI