Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 3/11/2020 8:59:23 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Coming soon on this page AAR from Piero+s Masterpiece 1992 scenario...

I will again play NATO against stupido PO but you are wrong if you think that even this dumbass PO is easy.

Too bad that I lost all save files when my HD on laptop went kapput. And now I must play that again...

OK will play first turn and write prologue soon...

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/18/2020 8:18:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 9:08:16 PM   
sPzAbt653

If you feel there is no challenge, give Elmer 'Strong' and '+2' Settings. I've been playing this way recently and it makes a difference.

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 2
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 9:09:55 PM   
Hellen_slith

Request that you use "Fog of War" = ON, "No Borders" = ON, and set the PO to highest level and see how it goes.
In players options tabs. And don't use "Possession Flags" as a help :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 3/11/2020 9:11:15 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 9:14:10 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

If you feel there is no challenge, give Elmer 'Strong' and '+2' Settings. I've been playing this way recently and it makes a difference.

OK, thanks I will but TOAW is such a designed that even lousy AI is hard because you must destroy those units that have benefit of terrain and entrenchment. As my AAR will show or not AI still is not using ships and rockets on airfields and since TOAW I that is way too yummy on TOAW to attack airfields with lets say ships. Free kill. And first time AI didn't attacked Finland at all, and Turkey I think. He have way too many SCUDS in the hands of a human player + lethal.

OK will play first turn and think about AAR and make short notes...

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 9:16:32 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith

Request that you use "Fog of War" = ON, "No Borders" = ON, and set the PO to highest level and see how it goes.
In players options tabs. And don't use "Possession Flags" as a help :)

This is learning tool,thanks for the tip but I am too coward for this, I am sadist to PO. LOL

I will try to make story narative and advertise this scenario which is awesome so that more people play it. Then that lazy Silvanski will realize that he must do something about it

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 10:09:20 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

PROLOGUE + PIEROS MASTERPIECE EDITION 1992 SCENARIO WITH BLOODSTAR AS NATO
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, beauty of this scenario is SO MUCH DETAILS! Every unit of both forces are truly work of a genius. Piero you are like
Morricone in TOAW scenario design! Not only that last time I played scenario played like Bethoven symphony, it was magical TOAW experience, wargaming nirvana.

OK, I am playing NATO forces again. Most of my forces are frozen till turn 7 but some will unfroze earlier maybe. But, OPERATION DESERT STORM BEGINS!!!

NOW, we will teach that bastard Sadam Hussein that is not nice to occupy Kuwait just like that. But, Iraqi forces are strong.
We are here using brave boys from Texas who entered first in WW2 to Rome as spearhead! BANZAI!

New players will learn to use airmobile units in encircling operations. I will not spare AI an inch and use every little dirty trick to kill commie for a mummy.

Post #: 6
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 10:26:36 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

OK, as Operation Desert Storm begins, we survey the situation. First line of Iraq defense is fortified, and I know that last time I had to use every TOAW expertize to to try to minimize losses in attack. Every nation has it's airmobile units and we will use it to encircle Iraq forces and to easier destroy it. Time of advance is of essence here, atacks must be fast and swift.
In other parts of Europe we dig in because mostly those units are frozen and when Russians attack you would be greatful for digging in. All units must reach fortified status. Iraq forces will be also outflanked. OK, I started turn, in Pact forces turn not much action, some of his air units evaporated and AI didn't attacked with land forces anywhere, just bombed one airfield in Iran I think and some Furballs. Great. Let's plan destruction of Iraq forces, I repeat it is not easy.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/11/2020 10:47:04 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 10:36:25 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Each Iraq Inf or Mech division on this fortified line has something like 170 T-62 (Improved), it is not best tank in the game but trust me you will have losses on M1 Abrams as well because there is so many of them. They also have 120 Assault AT Squad and all sort of other support and other unit types in so much detail. And as this is modern scenario attack values are much higher than defense values.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/11/2020 10:37:23 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/11/2020 10:42:55 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

And first let me tell you that Syria, Israel, Egypt are frozen and in the first game I didn't come to the stage when they unfroze but that would be way too coool because I want to play with Merkava tank drool

Ok here we exploit one Pieros oversight or maybe he intentionally left this as a "feature". Well, you will maybe call it cheating, I call it exploit, some Egypt and Israely forces can be shipped with ships but country is frozen so maybe a bug in design but I will ship those to Balkans like in last game so consider this RPG game lOl... I will need those in the Balkans to deal with Bosnian Serbs, Yugoslav forces etc... here you can go to offensive, in some sectors of the front you will have to be very conservative on defense.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/11/2020 10:44:44 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 12:45:36 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

OK, first fortified line will be assaulted in the first turn but I know that this line will not so easily fall, yes, I want
utmost speed but sometimes in war you are not getting it. OK, all para, special forces, SAS, 82nd, 101st, etc... will make encirclement of the first fortified line as much as possible. This will also hinder Iraqi movement of reserves.

Post #: 10
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 1:41:49 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Now after we have made all para jumps we proceed to next phase, we move all units north into battle contact with Iraq fortified line. Sometimes I use minimize assault, but this time I will maybe start with limit losses will think it over.
Sometimes you want that one more brutal first assault while readiness and supply is still high, later in turn you may swith to minimize losses. Now experienced TOAW players know that trick is to use Combat Support Air Forces inteligently so that enemy is at least force out of HEX. You want breaktrough and clear ZOC passage.

Post #: 11
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 1:44:24 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonkeysBrain2

Now after we have made all para jumps we proceed to next phase, we move all units north into battle contact with Iraq fortified line. Sometimes I use minimize assault, but this time I will maybe start with limit losses will think it over.
Sometimes you want that one more brutal first assault while readiness and supply is still high, later in turn you may swith to minimize losses. Now experienced TOAW players know that trick is to use Combat Support Air Forces inteligently so that enemy is at least force out of HEX. You want breaktrough and clear ZOC passage. And anyway evaporating of units is many times not in first attack, you must wear them down and they will evaporate.

Post #: 12
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 1:54:17 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Now we will attack and try to squeze as many as possible rounds. Air Superiority is already won and many Aircraft destroyed. We want to keep Air Superiority through the game as much as possible. Some bombers, fighters must rest after taking some losses in interdiction phase and we will remove some from interdiction because we must limit losses and they can climb pretty fast if you are reckless.

Post #: 13
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 2:00:42 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

When you start a battle on a broad front, in set piece battle it is good that first attacks stun your opponent and that you start to dictate tempo and momentum of your advance. And reinforce any breakthrough.

Post #: 14
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 2:07:16 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Well, scenario must be played patiently and enjoyed as such, so maybe I will execute attaks tomorrow because it is already late here and soon I must go to kinderbett. lol Maybe I will make some more addendum here later. I hope that someone is enjoying this? LOL you are getting advices from expert TOAW player who have beaten Raver once haha in Braunschweig.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/12/2020 2:09:22 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 2:18:49 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

In Norway Russians would attack but sector is easy to reinforce and anyway terrain will greatly assist you in the defense. Here is also interesting game but starts at turn 7.

Post #: 16
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 2:21:51 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

This scenario is long slogging match so force preservations is very important. You must eliminate more units than your opoonent will yours and that's it.

Post #: 17
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 2:25:02 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

OK folks that's it, I will finish first turn tomorrow, and post here interesting tidbits. nighty night.

Post #: 18
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 9:35:24 AM   
cathar1244

Hey Mario,

How about a screen shot?

Cheers

Post #: 19
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 10:16:26 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Yes, I was thinking but don't know how to do IT. Enjoyin
g caffe

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 20
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 10:48:35 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

I must go to town but later I Will put screnshots somebody could tell me how it was long time comeback. Scenario is Great I Will try to be informative

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/12/2020 10:49:42 AM >

Post #: 21
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 11:12:42 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

I was typing from mobile phone lousy one. Later in the evening I will execute turn and upload some screenshots. Maybe I will figure it out on my own.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/aar-the-great-war-2-0-bloodstar-vs-polynike.63280/

here is my old aar on Daniel McBride's The Great War 2.0

Post #: 22
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 11:27:00 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/braunschweig-7-1-aar.2693/

Here's my game against Raver, then third ranking World TOAW player by chess federation LOL. Heh and I beat him, but it was really hard.

Post #: 23
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 12:19:17 PM   
cathar1244

control-shift-print_screen captures the screen image.

Then I paste it into a paint program and cut out the interesting part of it, save that, and upload the image.

There may be a fancier way of doing it with TOAW.

Cheers

Post #: 24
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/12/2020 11:57:43 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Thanks cathar1244, I will post screenshots tomorrow, and following chapters of aar. Didn't make it today :(
Must play some more

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 25
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/13/2020 8:10:44 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

Let me see if this works....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 26
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/13/2020 8:20:49 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

OK this is start of my turn 2. I will post later a lot more screenshots with situations explained. I have lot work to do so expect it later but I will upload all fronts etc... and continue aar. It will be a bloody and long fight trust me! That bastard Elmer did shake loose from few encirclements and I had bloody awful losses! I am getting rusty :)
But war continues! I hope that NATO command will not relieve me from my command

Post #: 27
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/13/2020 10:36:04 AM   
cathar1244

Nice big map. The unit counters could use a touch-up of their colors. May look at that and see if I can generate a .col file.

Cheers

Post #: 28
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/13/2020 11:15:26 AM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: cathar1244

Nice big map. The unit counters could use a touch-up of their colors. May look at that and see if I can generate a .col file.

Cheers

Thanks cathar1244,

Please do so, even if I don't know what .col file means... I was long time out of TOAW and now just a small comeback.

I will later upload all fronts and start writing again. I need to play it a litle bit, but:

NEWSFLASH: I have captured Kuwait city from the sea, with RBC LOL, Elmer don't leave an lone HQ unit with lousy defense alone on important strategic city.

The Balkans is activated, now you will see beauty of this scenario... It is in timed opening of fronts...
I tell you Piero is genius!

Mario

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 29
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 3/13/2020 12:10:43 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

norway

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 3/13/2020 12:25:17 PM >

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI