Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT - The New Coronavirus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT - The New Coronavirus Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 6:31:15 PM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

There aren't any northern European countries where the virus hasn't shown up. Norway, Sweden, Denmark all have more than 500 cases, etc.

There you have it, that´s not what there saying on TV. That´s what I mean about mis-information. I checked the ECDC (European Center for Disease Prevention and Control) map, and yes circa 500 in each of the nothren countrys.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 301
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 6:47:09 PM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I just thought that people would be interested in that information. I can always delete it if it bothers you.

By the way, there are some herbals that help fire up the cytokine storm and some that help dampen it. So do your research on the herbals and other supplements.

No that dosen´t bother me at all Joe, and I think you did right to inform those who might not know.

Thanks for the herbal advise, but I don´t know if Iam to lockdown or not yet. Which would mean I can´t leave my house. Still waiting for healthcare to call me back and tell me what.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 302
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 7:46:01 PM   
Piteas

Right now, the goverment of my country, Spain, is enacting the same rules as Italy: closing museums, libraries, schools, universities, movement limitation... The reason is 1000 infected in a one day, ¡one day!, and increasing each hour.
This disease doesn´t have much mortality but it's dangerous for older people (+65) and has a high risk of contagion. I think the borders of my country will be closed soon.

Be careful, friends.

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 303
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 8:28:45 PM   
balto

Panzer Corps 2 is releasing soon.., yeah baby.

(in reply to Piteas)
Post #: 304
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 9:28:07 PM   
Piteas

Panzer Korps 2 is for children.
I'm under the bed, hoping WITE 2.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 305
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 9:43:49 PM   
RangerJoe

What do these games have to do with Coronavirus 19?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Piteas)
Post #: 306
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 9:54:59 PM   
z1812

The international response has been abysmal.........................too little too late in every case. The precautions being taken at the moment needed to be undertaken at least a month ago.

It is laughable that WHO only days ago called it a Pandemic where it was obviously that early last week. Countries and jurisdictions are banning meetings of more than a certain amount of people when all meetings should be banned but for the completely essential.

The sad thing is that this level of incompetence does not surprise me. Countries spend billions and billions of dollars on their Militaries
when issues of health and poverty are routinely neglected.

Until this week there has been more a concern for financial issues rather than those of health. The idea was to not rattle the markets, and now we are left with the consequences.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 3/12/2020 9:56:06 PM >

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 307
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 10:10:28 PM   
demyansk

Thanks China for not being honest, I still feel this was man-made, I don't trust anyone who is in the communist government.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 308
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/12/2020 10:15:25 PM   
springel

Society will retrieve some of the economic losses by the reduced cost of pensions.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 309
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 12:15:51 AM   
Erik Rutins

The Chinese Communists have the fundamental blame for all of this, but I agree that I have not been impressed, though also not surprised, at the slow speed of bureaucracy in most of the free world.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 310
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 12:18:19 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red2112
Today my 86 year old mom gave positive, with all the other health issues she already has. Iam waiting to be told what the protocol I have to follow, since I was with her 2 weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Red. Even with the high risk in the elderly most do pull through. I hope she is in that group and good luck to you.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 311
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 12:32:06 AM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Today my 86 year old mom gave positive, with all the other health issues she already has. Iam waiting to be told what the protocol I have to follow, since I was with her 2 weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Red. Even with the high risk in the elderly most do pull through. I hope she is in that group and good luck to you.

Thank you Erik for your support, very kind of you. I hope so too. I also agree, not happy how China took this on, but not impressed with other goverments either, dispite there political inclinations.

Good care.

< Message edited by Red2112 -- 3/13/2020 12:35:01 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 312
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 1:22:10 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you Erik for your support, very kind of you. I hope so too. I also agree, not happy how China took this on, but not impressed with other goverments either, dispite there political inclinations.

Good care.

Take care Red and I wish you and your Mom well.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 313
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 1:52:13 AM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
Two cases of Corona Virus are confirmed today in Albany, NY.
https://www.wamc.org/post/covid-19-appears-albany-county
The scheduled St Patrick's Day parade has finally been canceled.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 314
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 2:06:38 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings to All,
Two cases of Corona Virus are confirmed today in Albany, NY.
https://www.wamc.org/post/covid-19-appears-albany-county
The scheduled St Patrick's Day parade has finally been canceled.

Stay safe.

― Julia Child

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 315
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:52:46 AM   
wodin

Talk about way over blown.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 316
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 11:10:02 AM   
demyansk

If this is the new reaction to everything, society will crumble. Just close everything, crazy, the only thing that really needs to be corrected is drug production being made in USA.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 317
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 11:12:23 AM   
Red2112

Thanks guys for your support! Reaction times are still slow, no one has called me from healthcare, as to what I should do, and really doubt they will, which goes to show how bad this is going overall. I feel ok, but can´t say same for my mother, and that´s were these things get nasty, when it effects you personally. So mind your words Wodin, you might not be saying the same a month from now...

On the bright side and OT, @rommel222, I just got my new scope last month and some new eyepices too (Meade AC80/400). Learning alot from Cloudy Nights (alias Mike710), but I know your the Astro pro here on Matrix, so might send you some PM´s with doubts in the future if OK.

Sorry for the OT, but if there´s interest then a proper thread would be opened. Just though it was not enough for a couple of lines to rommel22.

Red

--

< Message edited by Red2112 -- 3/13/2020 11:19:13 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 318
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 11:15:16 AM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

If this is the new reaction to everything, society will crumble. Just close everything, crazy, the only thing that really needs to be corrected is drug production being made in USA.

It´s a eye opener that´s for sure, at least for those who do want to open there eyes!

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 319
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 1:33:41 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

It´s a eye opener that´s for sure, at least for those who do want to open there eyes!

Maybe there needs to be a massive stockpile of drugs to stop the panic attacks.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 320
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 1:36:25 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Thanks guys for your support! Reaction times are still slow, no one has called me from healthcare, as to what I should do, and really doubt they will, which goes to show how bad this is going overall. I feel ok, but can´t say same for my mother, and that´s were these things get nasty, when it effects you personally. So mind your words Wodin, you might not be saying the same a month from now...

On the bright side and OT, @rommel222, I just got my new scope last month and some new eyepices too (Meade AC80/400). Learning alot from Cloudy Nights (alias Mike710), but I know your the Astro pro here on Matrix, so might send you some PM´s with doubts in the future if OK.

Sorry for the OT, but if there´s interest then a proper thread would be opened. Just though it was not enough for a couple of lines to rommel22.

Red

--

Can you call your mother? Even a few words might cheer her up.

By the way, I do believe that the best time and place to look at heavenly bodies would be a nice warm day at the beach! You could post pictures . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 321
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 2:20:12 PM   
TulliusDetritus

"Brazil president Jair Bolsonaro tests positive"

Looks like the guy on the left needs a test.

Attachment (1)

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 322
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 2:47:33 PM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
Can you call your mother? Even a few words might cheer her up.

By the way, I do believe that the best time and place to look at heavenly bodies would be a nice warm day at the beach! You could post pictures . . .

Could be, I have been told that they will give her back her phone later today. I hope I can call her then. Thank you RangerJoe, your support also cheers me up too

Weather is not in favor right now, incoming clouds for this weekend. I use a app called "Clear Outside" on my smartphone, it basically tells you cloud percentage, moon state, visibility, fog etc. It even tells you when the ISS station is going to orbit your view area. I also use "Stellarium" (paid), and "SkySafari 6 Plus" (paid). Another great app (free) is "Twilight" which adds a red filter to your smartphone. One needs to adapt to darkness, thus red light helps in that when looking at star atlas and the like. Commandos also used this method in there night missions. I recomend this app to all, as the blue light on smartphones is very harmful to your eyes. There is a free Stellarium version for PC if anyone is interested, just Google it.

Red

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 323
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:19:34 PM   
z1812

quote:

The Chinese Communists have the fundamental blame for all of this, but I agree that I have not been impressed, though also not surprised, at the slow speed of bureaucracy in most of the free world.

The Chinese have not been Communist for quite a while. They still have the " Communist Party " as an element of their government but it is really only in name communist. They are business people and are very Capitalistic. So much so that many American and European companies have large operations there. Think Mercedes, Boeing, Nike and Starbucks to name but a few.

The disease started within one of the live animal markets which are as ingrained in Chinese Culture as Prostitution, Drug Abuse, and other problematic behaviours are ingrained in all cultures. Ingrained traditional cultural deviance is extremely difficult to control and impossible to eradicate. The Chinese have tried.

In regards to China's initial response, did they really do anything different than any other country? In every country measures were brought out, drip by drip, drop by drop.

I presume most health officials are happy to have the benefit of China's experience.

Post #: 324
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:19:38 PM   
Red2112

Maybe we need a new thread, as in "What will you do in case of a lockdown"

So tell us with what are you going to spend your free time with...

Just trying to be positive here folks.

Red

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 325
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:21:56 PM   
z1812

The corona virus has been isolated.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6670445/canada-research-coronavirus-isolated/

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 326
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:31:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812
The Chinese have not been Communist for quite a while. They still have the " Communist Party " as an element of their government but it is really only in name communist. They are business people and are very Capitalistic. So much so that many American and European companies have large operations there. Think Mercedes, Boeing, Nike and Starbucks to name but a few.

The party leaders are not capitalistic business people, but rather authoritarian thugs intent on enriching themselves and gaining power. There's a big difference. The still teach and preach communist orthodoxy, though I agree that they have allowed many divergences from it in the interest of wealth and power and I'm not sure most of the leaders still believe it, but it still serves as a powerful ideological tool for them and certainly many are still believers.

quote:

In regards to China's initial response, did they really do anything different than any other country? In every country measures were brought out, drip by drip, drop by drop.

Yes, there was one very key difference. They spent weeks covering it up. I agree that other governments have not covered themselves in glory, but at least in a free society we would have had a chance to nip it in the bud. China's response after it had to reveal the truth to the world was extreme and effective, but much time was already lost and at the same time China was using its leverage to tell other countries to _not_ ban travel to/from China even while their outbreak was still growing. Had we had no cover-up, an effective response and an acceptance of travel bans until under control in China, we might be in a better place today.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/13/2020 3:32:58 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 327
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:32:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

Worth reading:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-best-response.html

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 328
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:33:12 PM   
Gray Fox

I just watched a German broadcast that was very frank. Bear in mind, that this isn't just happening to the US or China or Germany. It is happening to the human race. Self quarantine and social distancing are not an ultimate solution. These are used merely to slow down the spread of the disease so that the number of infected at any one time doesn't overwhelm our health care facilities. COVID-19 in their scientific models will eventually spread to 60-70% of the population. That would be about 200 million here in the USA. This will take a year or two. Over 80% of the infected will have mild symptoms. Those elderly with existing conditions like lung disease or diabetes may suffer more than others. You can apply whatever fatality percentage you want, but realize that every month we will have better treatment than the month before. By the two year mark, we should have a vaccine distributed to those at risk of the more severe effects. So it doesn't matter where the virus came from, it's here and we're all going to deal with it for a long time. So get used to washing your hands aggressively. Stay informed and do the smart things.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
Every day is a gift. That's why they call it the present.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 329
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/13/2020 3:41:50 PM   
MrsWargamer

Not too impressed with some parts of where I live.

Doug Ford is saying to continue to travel (idiot).
Trudeau is contemplating closing borders (clearly Doug is out of the loop).
People in stores though, here, have not behaved any differently than idiots anywhere else.

It's easier now to list events/activities/places of gathering still happening, than list what is closing down for a time.
If you have kids, get used to dealing with them.
If you live alone, life as usual for the most part.

I don't work, don't do sports, have no reason to go anywhere people intensive. My idea of relaxation is walking in the fresh air, soon to be riding my bike out in the wilderness. I don't even know what travel feels like for the most part.

Play a wargame guys. It's good for your health :)

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT - The New Coronavirus Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI