Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Online dice roller.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Online dice roller. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Online dice roller. - 3/18/2020 11:05:15 PM   
Oberost

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine and I just recently started to play MWIF, and we are currently in the middle of a Globar War scenario. Both have the same feeling, that the RNG on the game doesn't work correctly (maybe it's just confirmation bias...), and I read in some AAR's that some people uses in their games an online roller (PBE Games : Dice Roller).

How do you implement the results of the online roller into the game? I saw that in some cases you are modifiyng the results of the dice, or changing some wrong steps taken in the game, so how do you do that?

Thank you in advance, and please, forgive mi grammar and spelling crimes...
Post #: 1
RE: Online dice roller. - 3/19/2020 1:30:54 AM   
Ian R

In the main form -

- click the interface tab

- click 'player interface settings'

- under the heading "simulation control" click the box next to "set die rolls"

Each time a die is rolled in the game, you get a box with the exe generated number, which can be changed before it is implemented.

Also, find a dice roller on line that is based on atmospheric noise, not on any algorithm.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Oberost)
Post #: 2
RE: Online dice roller. - 3/19/2020 1:39:24 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberost

or changing some wrong steps taken in the game, so how do you do that?

As to the second half of your question - the save game files can be opened in notepad, and edited. You get a CSV file. I suspect this could also be opened in a spreadsheet program, but haven't tried that.

You need to know what the numbers mean in the CSV format - e.g. position on map is given as a number which is the sum of 512 x X coordinate + Y coordinate. So if you want to put a unit in hex # 54/111, you change its position to (54 x 512) + 111 = 27759.

Ronnie's thread with a guide to editing is here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4136832

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Oberost)
Post #: 3
RE: Online dice roller. - 3/19/2020 2:42:05 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberost

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine and I just recently started to play MWIF, and we are currently in the middle of a Globar War scenario. Both have the same feeling, that the RNG on the game doesn't work correctly (maybe it's just confirmation bias...), and I read in some AAR's that some people uses in their games an online roller (PBE Games : Dice Roller).

How do you implement the results of the online roller into the game? I saw that in some cases you are modifiyng the results of the dice, or changing some wrong steps taken in the game, so how do you do that?

Thank you in advance, and please, forgive mi grammar and spelling crimes...

Good online die rollers easy to use:

Option 1
http://acts.warhorsesim.com/index.asp
War horse is good as it keeps a history in the journal and you don't have to keep putting in email address once you setup a game. Limitation are max die roll of 999 so for USE, etc you would have use option number 2 for rolls greater than this. Also as with most die rollers you cant get a 0. So if you have a die range from 0-8 you would use a 9 sided die and -1 from the roll.

Option 2
https://www.pbegames.com/roller/
Is a bit more clunky as you have to enter email address every time. Can do all the rolls required for WIF. Emails are the only records of rolls.

(in reply to Oberost)
Post #: 4
RE: Online dice roller. - 3/19/2020 8:29:58 AM   
Oberost

Thank you Ian R and Majorball68 for your quick answers! Everything is clear now.

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Online dice roller. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI