Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Between the Storms Direction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: New Between the Storms Direction Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 1/17/2020 3:23:59 PM   
John 3rd

The Kongo-Class has no differences when the game starts. They do have a pretty big upgrade early in 42 where they pick-up the new 3.9" AA gun as well as main gun work. Takes them out for three months I think. Would have to pull up the Mod and checks for specifics but that sounds about right. Those are my favorite Japanese heavy units. Old but quite useful in many ways.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 151
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 1/17/2020 3:25:08 PM   
John 3rd

We have a 'working' copy of the Mod out to Lew, Bill, and Michael where everyone is looking at TF placement and other topics. A serious step forward!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 152
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 1/18/2020 6:34:31 PM   
John 3rd

Just an update: Sent the files to Lew and Bill. They are going thru and catching all sorts of stuff. Really appreciate their time! Having a a few sets of different eyes looking at the Mod is fantastic.

Michael is, hopefully, finishing China while we identify issues and questions.

Think we have turned the corner and are really moving forward.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 153
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 1/20/2020 3:45:00 PM   
John 3rd

We got some serious work done over the last few days. When China is done, we'll give this a serious play-test!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 154
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 2/24/2020 5:45:58 PM   
Kitakami

Love to see you going in this direction. If you need someone to look at the Japanese database with a fresh pair of eyes, give me a shout.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 155
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 3/16/2020 4:15:35 PM   
John 3rd

Hey Kitakami.

I have not been on the Forum for quite some time. As I just wrote someone, it has been life, family, and work the last few months. Have managed to keep my match with Anarcho going but that is about it. The Mod progresses slowly. Michael is totally trapped trying to get China re-written and modded. Right now, we are trying use this unexpected down time (read the virus) to our benefit. As soon as Michael get China done, we will send a set of files to you.

For other readers, this re-tooling of BTS is massive. Trying to settle the Japanese R&D into something tamer as well as clean-up lots of little--some big--errors has taken a good amount of time. We are on the hopeful, downhill slide now and will be able to look at a new release sometime soon.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 156
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 3/16/2020 10:42:49 PM   
Kitakami

John,

RL can get... complicated... sometimes. I can relate to that. Take all the time you need, (hopefully) I will be here :)

Cheers!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 157
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 3/18/2020 9:10:06 PM   
John 3rd

Just found this note in my Between the Storms email. Had another message there that I had not seen. If you send to me, use my msn.com address or PM me. Something is wrong with the BTS gmail address.

Here we go:

Hello, i have been PBEMing with AdmNelson for the last couple of months in BTS-H, and given that the mod is undergoing some renovations i'd figure i'd point out a couple of bugs.

First, DE Starling and CL Belfast both have anachronistic refits at game start: Belfast's starting fit is set as "Edinburgh Class 10/1942, and a quick check of Wikipedia seems to agree that she got her radar suite and augmented AA in November of '42. DE Starling, who starts at Aden on 12/7, is set as "Black Swan Class 11/1944" and the ship herself doesn't seem to have been completed until April '43 though accelerating a sloop would be very mundane considering the scenario. She start

Secondly, AUS 8th brigade, which starts at Newcastle, has AUS '44 squads in it's TOE. Depending on whether or not the brigade's equipment is dumped into the pools when it withdraws sometime in late 42, this could allow the Allies to upgrade the australians to '44 squads much faster than is normal or intended. At Port Moresby, the Papuan Infantry Btn has 0 AV since the Papuan Inf. Section device does not contribute to AV.

Also lore-wise, i'm curious about what happened with GB having the option to build the super-hoods since they don't seem to appear in the mod. Were they simply not built due to financial constraints, or is there something else that happened with them.

Finally, AdmNelson has asked me to take Bill Brown's place as his playtesting partner. I've quite enjoyed playing the mod so far, and am curious to see the changes in action myself. I'm also thinking of running an AAR on the playtest build.

Welcome Sir! Will email you so we have direct communications rolling.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 158
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 3/18/2020 11:33:17 PM   
NorthCarolinaDidNothingWrong

I'll state for the record that i was the one who sent the above "note". I don't really use this account or the forum much except to lurk, though.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 159
RE: New Between the Storms Direction - 3/19/2020 12:17:04 AM   
John 3rd

He raises some good observations that I intend to correct. Greatly appreciate the help and thoughts!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
Post #: 160
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: New Between the Storms Direction Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI