Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 UPDATED

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 UPDATED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 UPDATED - 3/21/2020 7:37:13 PM   
brett2525

UPDATE Patches Released on GOG, Post edited as promised.

Thank you Matrix and slitherine! for keeping all players updated !

Version 1.0.9
• Multiplayer: Client now shows correct unit status icons for enemy in sight, firing, etc.
• Multiplayer: Unit action string now updated correctly on client during a co-op battle.
• Multiplayer: Queued orders are displayed correctly on the client.
• Multiplayer: Default Defend/Ambush order arcs appear correctly on the client.
• A unit's current order line/arcs are no longer displayed while unit is broken or routing.
• Tooltips added to the Soldier screen weapon, achievement, and medal icons.
• A battle map preview can now be accessed from the Force Selection screen (image in the upper left.)

Version 1.0.8
• Fix for bridge not overwritting deep water terrain (Cerisy)
• Left click on a live soldier in soldier list centers camera on soldier.
• Fix for separated soldier failing to rejoin unit if unit aborted a movement order while soldier was separated.
• Game now allows a battle scenario to begin even if battle end conditions are already in effect.
• Vehicle kill chance and counter-kill chance now has more influence when choosing a default target.
• Soldier walking and crawling speeds now less effected by terrain and slope.
• Vehicle pathing and path-following updated.
• Vehicles will attempt to keep at least 1m distance from impassable terrain.
• Vehicles halt before entering impassable terrain and re-path as necessary.
• Drivers now follow unit movement path more closely.
• Drivers will adjust vehicle speed more precisely to avoid overshooting a turn.
• New game options to control Defend/Ambush arc display and behavior.
• Added the keybind "~" (the tilde key) to deselect all units. Remappable to ESC via OPTIONS.TXT.
• Fixed potential crash with current unit becoming unselected while queuing orders for that unit.
• Added 'Delete File' button on command screen to delete saved games and custom battles.
• Unsupported 'Fog' weather option no longer appears as a weather choice in the scenario editor.

< Message edited by brett2525 -- 4/11/2020 9:29:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/21/2020 7:57:02 PM   
ezjax

Ditto, I got this game from Matrix Website not steam and have no plans to get steam, so I walked away a while back ago.

(in reply to brett2525)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/21/2020 8:12:40 PM   
STIENER

agree'd ...
I would like to know what matrix's plan is...when do we get the update? Lots of players bought off the matrix site and have no plans to join steam.

(in reply to ezjax)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/22/2020 12:40:52 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Just I see a matter of lack of patience, they are not abandoning the game or any version.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/22/2020 3:31:29 AM   
brett2525

Think its a good idea if matrix separate these updates into 1) essential game patches and 2) editor and mod tools "beta stuff (if they want to call it that)

Its not feasible withhold essential game updates, patches and support from its customers

< Message edited by brett2525 -- 3/22/2020 8:22:33 PM >

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/23/2020 9:29:36 AM   
LeeChard

Although I use Steam I have never purchased a game there that was available from Matrix. I always assumed Matrix
would be able to pocket more of the proceeds from a direct purchaser.
If one source or the other gives better support that will be my determining factor.
I hope there is a reasonable explanation for this.

(in reply to brett2525)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/23/2020 3:15:44 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

The version hasn't yet been released, it is still in beta. So there is no store discrimination going on. It should be released as an update very shortly.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Disapointed - 3/25/2020 2:38:43 AM   
Markowicz

I was hopeful for this game but them i finally realized Matrix and Slitherine SUCKS.... I will never buy another game from them...

(in reply to brett2525)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Disapointed - 3/27/2020 6:33:38 PM   
KnightWolf1000

I completely agree with brett2525 and have exactly the same complaint.

Let me clarify: When I saw the announcement about the release of this beta here in this forum I though that accessing it would be fairly easy (I am not a Steam client) so I followed the link, read the description in the steam website, signed in, tried to register my version of this game,... wasted some time just to realise that only clients that bought this game through steam would be able to access this beta. Nice.

- As brett2525 mentioned, this update actually includes a few other previous updates (1.08 and 1.09) that he lists, according to what is posted in the steam page about it. These previous updates are mostly about other features that are not related to the modding build and some of their features I have been waiting to see addresses since day one (Yes, I bought the game the day it was launched)

- Like LeeChard I also assumed that buying games directly from Matrix/Slitherine games would be a way of "buying directly to the producer" and the latter would benefit from it, not me since I assume the price is the same.

- Many of us have been quiiiiite patient with all the "hiccups" in the development of this version of CC, with YEARS of wait, including formal and clear of release dates that without any later information provided, were postponed for YEARS.

- It is sad and very frustrating to read the reply from PipFromSlitherine to the very clear post from brett2525. It simply chooses to ignore the question and give us a nonsense reply. In reality, why are we not able to receive the mentioned updates (1.08 and 1.09)? Why are steam clients able to do so and still get the bonus of the modding features (in beta)? These are the questions that need a proper reply to the people that contribute to the payment of your salaries.

Thank you

(in reply to Markowicz)
Post #: 9
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Disapointed - 3/27/2020 10:59:06 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

To be clear, they are NOT updates. They are opt-in beta versions for testing out the new functionality, and we don't always push every beta version to release if we find issues, we just update the beta version number and append the new changes. We were hoping to have pushed the current beta live more than a week ago, but the changes that have affected everyone have slowed the rate at which we can get things pushed through production and other departments. I appreciate it is frustrating, but the beta version should be released as an update very soon.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to KnightWolf1000)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Disapointed - 3/28/2020 1:37:25 AM   
budd

The complaint is the beta is not available to try for the Matrix version, just Steam. There was a time where all the beta's were released here. Seems this would give incentive to buy from Steam instead of here.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 11
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Disapointed - 3/28/2020 12:58:59 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

The complaint is the beta is not available to try for the Matrix version, just Steam. There was a time where all the beta's were released here. Seems this would give incentive to buy from Steam instead of here.

The non release from beta out Steam has a very good motive. To get all the players with the beta playing the same version at the same time. In Steam when you activate the beta, with each update of this, the game is update automatically.

From other way, with many players, it would be a mess of different versions. If you want help and be constructive, try it in Steam and report your problems found here.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 3/28/2020 12:59:32 PM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 12
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/28/2020 4:16:23 PM   
LeeChard

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

The version hasn't yet been released, it is still in beta. So there is no store discrimination going on. It should be released as an update very shortly.

Cheers

Pip

Ok, sounds good. I can exercise some patience.

Post #: 13
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/30/2020 3:05:48 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We tend to only do betas on a single storefront, otherwise the load for production to build versions becomes too large. We take into account the relative sizes of the playerbases on the various sites, as well as the amount of traffic on the forums. As an example, the latest FoG:Empires beta will be Slitherine only.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 14
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/31/2020 8:52:37 PM   
Philippeatbay

Does Matrix provide a Steam key for this game the way it does with all the other games that it sells directly and through Steam?

Post #: 15
RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 Very Disapointed - 3/31/2020 11:10:43 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Yes.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Philippeatbay)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Patch 1.08 and 1.09 UPDATED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI