Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FROM THE RED ZONE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: FROM THE RED ZONE Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 4:30:16 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Wow.....er just wow.....

Yeah I know, right?

Especially when you look at this one. The closed cases graph on the right. Oh wait, we can't have that because it supports Bob's views. Ignore that one. :

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Maybe you better write these guys and tell them how wrong they are and they need to get their heads out of there bums.

Sources
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation reports - World Health Organization (WHO)
2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the U.S. -. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Outbreak Notification - National Health Commission (NHC) of the People’s Republic of China
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) - Australian Government Department of Health
Novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV: early estimation of epidemiological parameters and epidemic prediction - Jonathan M. Read et al, Jan. 23,2020.
Early Transmissibility Assessment of a Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China - Maimuna Majumder and Kenneth D. Mandl, Harvard University - Computational Health Informatics Program - Posted: 24 Jan 2020 Last revised: 27 Jan 2020
Report 3: Transmissibility of 2019-nCoV - 25 January 2020 - Imperial College London‌
Case fatality risk of influenza A(H1N1pdm09): a systematic review - Epidemiology. Nov. 24, 2013
A novel coronavirus outbreak of global health concern - Chen Want et al. The Lancet. January 24, 2020
Symptoms of Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) - CDC
China's National Health Commission news conference on coronavirus - Al Jazeera. January 26, 2020
Wuhan lockdown 'unprecedented', shows commitment to contain virus: WHO representative in China - Reuters. January 23, 2020
Statement on the meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) - WHO, January 23, 2020
International Health Regulations Emergency Committee on novel coronavirus in China - WHO, January 30, 2020
Human-to-human transmission of Wuhan virus outside of China, confirmed in Germany, Japan and Vietnam - The Online Citizen, Jan. 29, 2020
Who: "Live from Geneva on the new #coronavirus outbreak"
CDC Confirms Person-to-Person Spread of New Coronavirus in the United States - CDC Press Release, Jan. 30, 2020
CMO confirms cases of coronavirus in England - CMO, UK, Jan. 31, 2020
Coronavirus in France: what you need to know - The Local France, Jan. 31, 2020
First two persons infected with coronavirus identified in Russia - Tass, Jan. 31, 2020
Updated understanding of the outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in Wuhan, China - Journal of Medical Virology, Jan. 29, 2020
Estimating the effective reproduction number of the 2019-nCoV in China - Zhidong Cao et al., Jan. 29, 2020
Preliminary estimation of the basic reproduction number of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, from 2019 to 2020: A data-driven analysis in the early phase of the outbreak - Jan. 30, 2020
Coronavirus: Window of opportunity to act, World Health Organization says - BBC, Feb,\. 4, 2020
Clinical Characteristics of 138 Hospitalized Patients With 2019 Novel Coronavirus–Infected Pneumonia in Wuhan, China - Wang et. al, JAMA, Feb. 7, 2020

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/24/2020 4:35:44 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 751
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 4:45:29 PM   
MrRoadrunner

US deaths to reported.

588/48,778 = 1.2%

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Piteas)
Post #: 752
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 5:03:49 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

Wow.....er just wow.....

Yeah I know, right?

warspite1

No I wasn't referring to any links you posted - I thought you said in post 741 you were tired of all that? . I'd given you the last word that you appeared so childishly desperate for in post 741 - but you couldn't let it go could you?

I was referring to your last post (748) and 5 lines of the most arrogant, pig-ignorant verbiage I've read in a very long time. Well done. Read that back to yourself. No truly, well done.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 753
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 5:35:06 PM   
Lobster

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.....er just wow.....

Yeah I know, right?

warspite1

No I wasn't referring to any links you posted - I thought you said in post 741 you were tired of all that? . I'd given you the last word that you appeared so childishly desperate for in post 741 - but you couldn't let it go could you?

I was referring to your last post (748) and 5 lines of the most arrogant, pig-ignorant verbiage I've read in a very long time. Well done. Read that back to yourself. No truly, well done.

Okay so back to basics. How did you arrive at your numbers? And please attempt to use logic instead of emotions. I won't give you childish second paragraph a response. I left middle school long ago.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/24/2020 5:37:21 PM >

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 754
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 6:14:58 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.....er just wow.....

Yeah I know, right?

warspite1

Okay so back to basics. How did you arrive at your numbers? And please attempt to use logic instead of emotions. I won't give you childish second paragraph a response. I left middle school long ago.
warspite1

Sorry I don't understand? I've given you the last word you wanted on this death rate cobblers, so why do you try yet again to bring it up? Is it just so that any further response will have you crying about how there is a cabal trying to silence Bob?

And please don't give it the faux superiority. "I left middle school long ago". Yes very haughty, very superior, and yet you couldn't help yourself with the 'state of panic' the 'running around like a chicken' and 'names will not be mentioned'. Child.

So no, I have given you the last word (although you don't appear happy with your victory - maybe even you have the self awareness to know its Pyrrhic?).

So without raising this again I will simply refer you to what has been said before: I don't have numbers. I'm not an expert, I don't pretend to be an expert on pandemics or medical matters generally. I can't give you an accurate death rate, because at present no one can. I haven't said I can. What I have said is the 'death rate' as being adopted by Curtis Lemay is wrong. And forget the coin crap - these are human beings - his 'calculation' completely ignores the largest data point. It completely ignores it. Unless they all die his numbers are nothing but scaremongering and totally irresponsible if presented without any caveat. There is no undue emotion here, there is no hidden agenda; the numbers will be what they will be. To confidently state "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we've been calculating this wrongly" is wrong.

There, nothing new, nothing different, you have the last word on the numbers. You've said I'm wrong and I can't be bothered to argue with you about Curtis Lemay spurious 'death rate'.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 755
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:03:42 PM   
MrsWargamer

No numbers, no stats, no references. I am just plain worried that Canada and the US have not been aggressive enough with this.

We've seen it at work in places that have been aggressive, and it has been rough on them.
I'm concerned that our populations are going to get a real kick in the teeth shortly.

Whether from the virus itself or from our own ill-advised actions.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 756
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:15:41 PM   
sPzAbt653

Here in Maryland our ****ty government gets serious and starts posting signs like this one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 757
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:18:14 PM   
sPzAbt653

Seems like many folks are heeding the signs. This is the shopping center parking lot, which is usually packed except for the back rows. Kind of weird and eerie.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 758
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:20:31 PM   
sPzAbt653

Then when I got into the store I had to check out the TP aisle ... holy ****! The poor sewer system must be overflowing from all the slobs pooping out their emergency rations.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 759
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:21:45 PM   
sPzAbt653

I wonder what the 'facial tissue' aisle looks like? Oh nice, they left a couple packages.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 760
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:22:08 PM   
Canoerebel

I can't speak for Canada, but in many ways the US got ahead of many European countries. That's mainly due to the act that Europe "went first." We got to see what was happening there and how countries were imposing countermeasures.

The US has multiple levels of government that still play a big role in things. In my state (Georgia), the state, county and city governments were in many ways ahead of the federal government. Most or all of our schools shut down a week before England's did. Strict countermeasures went into effect about nine days ago. That was just a few days after Italy, but Italy had a two-week head start in terms of the maturing of the outbreak there.

These numbers aren't absolute - there are lots of variations here and there. Overall, though the US should do okay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

No numbers, no stats, no references. I am just plain worried that Canada and the US have not been aggressive enough with this.

We've seen it at work in places that have been aggressive, and it has been rough on them.
I'm concerned that our populations are going to get a real kick in the teeth shortly.

Post #: 761
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:27:34 PM   
sPzAbt653

I often feel uncomfortable here in the glutinous USA when walking thru the stores with shelves full to overflowing. Not so today, as many shelves are scavenged to bareness. I can't blame people, because not knowing how long this will last, if I had a wife and kids I'm sure I would have grabbed as much as I could also. But of course, I actually would have been better prepared in the first place, as I am now. I'm not a prepper but I worked for FEMA for a while and I know that you can't really rely on anyone else, nor should you. And its also a mistake to think that things can't get worse.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 762
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:31:22 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

In a week everything will be restocked. Happened here. There are not issues with the supply chain.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 763
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:32:35 PM   
Lobster

quote:

I agree. And now there is talk about doing away with social distancing in the U.S. to 'save the economy'. What about saving people?

Post #: 764
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:39:04 PM   
Lobster

According to Worldometer website.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 765
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 7:46:32 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Panic buying is harming the old and disabled people. Truck drivers too: they need to work twice. Fear is understandable and universal though.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 766
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 8:02:24 PM   
Lobster

WHO situation report:

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200324-sitrep-64-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=703b2c40_2

I thought China had no new cases.

And/or any new cases were imported as opposed to transmitted.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/24/2020 8:06:17 PM >

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 767
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 9:12:40 PM   
RangerJoe

Just develop Obsessive Compulsive Behavior and keep enough essentials for at least two weeks. Canned or dry, if canned just make sure that you have a mechanical can opener. Bottled water for awhile as well as a means to get more clean fluid - even if it is tree sap!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 768
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 10:13:47 PM   
Lobster

I've had the same P38 can openers for 50 years.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 769
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 10:23:53 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

I've had the same P38 can openers for 50 years.

They work great but I have the larger version.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 770
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 10:24:39 PM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
I am astounded by emperor Cuomo deciding not to buy thousands of ventilators in 2015 to prepare for epidemics after HiN1 swine flu scare.
Instead formed "death panels" for who would be placed on them and who would not.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-cites-report-cuomo-passed-on-chance-to-buy-16000-ventilators-in-2015

Now he wants ventilators. He is a three term gov and is coming up for a fourth term which has never been done in NY state.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 771
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/24/2020 11:21:35 PM   
rommel222

Greetings to All Again,
Corona Virus cases in NY doubling every 3 days-Gov Cuomo:
https://www.wamc.org/post/coronavirus-new-york-infection-rate-doubling-about-every-3-days-cuomo-says

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 772
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 2:30:50 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures (I'm sure not seeing any "flattening of the curve" here):

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 773
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 3:08:28 PM   
z1812

This article is very interesting. It lists the Flu Mortality rate in Italy, year by year, from 2013 to 2017. It seems the current death rate while extremely tragic, is not unusual for the country.

Make of it what you will.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971219303285

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 774
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 3:12:55 PM   
MrRoadrunner

19677/433172 = 4.5%

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 775
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 4:25:49 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

This article is very interesting. It lists the Flu Mortality rate in Italy, year by year, from 2013 to 2017. It seems the current death rate while extremely tragic, is not unusual for the country.

Make of it what you will.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971219303285

It could be related to Italy's aging population. If I recall theirs has the highest average age of the EU.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 776
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 7:10:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

Statistics aside, I think the clear evidence in front of us is that Italy's hospitals and ICUs are not filled to overflowing and forced to choose who will get a ventilator on a normal flu year. If it were allowed to just spread like the flu is allowed to, the number of deaths relative to a normal flu year would be incomparable. This virus can do in a much shorter time what flu normally does over half a year.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/25/2020 7:11:19 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 777
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/25/2020 10:21:36 PM   
Lobster

W.H.O. situation report:
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200325-sitrep-65-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=2b74edd8_2
Worldometer:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 778
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/26/2020 1:22:32 AM   
Zovs

This is very encouraging news! The U.K. has downgraded Covid-19.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 779
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/26/2020 7:06:07 AM   
rico21

quote:

US have not been aggressive enough with this...

I don't agree with you.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: FROM THE RED ZONE Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI