Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air units ranges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Air units ranges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air units ranges - 3/28/2020 2:43:59 AM   
Hellen_slith

One way to check to see if any of your air units might have too much range for your taste, is to glance through battle combat charts to find any units that might be a little too eager. Below we see a Leningrad air-to-ground combat support unit that flew down to Kiev to try to get a little action. Wings have been clipped now (Soviets are going to need him dedicated to Leningrad soon).
You can easily find him by going to Units – OOB list and then sorting that list alphabetically by formation by clicking on the white “Formation” label text, and then scrolling until you find the unit (picture in next post)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Air units ranges - 3/28/2020 2:46:15 AM   
Hellen_slith

How to find that Leningrad VVS unit easy, sort the OOB list by formation, then click the tab for that unit and press "5" on the numpad to center the map on that unit.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Air units ranges - 4/1/2020 9:25:36 PM   
larryfulkerson

Excellent idea. Good catch. You're worth your weight in gold.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

Post #: 3
RE: Air units ranges - 4/3/2020 6:50:51 PM   
Hellen_slith

LoL I wish! I would be rich!! Have lost 50 pounds this past year (from 240 to 190) so I am losing gold!

Anyway, glad to see your AAR re: Great War, will be interesting to compare our results. PS Serbians have also an air unit, with the WWI air I keep them on combat support duty, not sure how much that helps, but ... well, the WWI air is much diff. than WWII+ air, is an entirely different game in that respect. I am playing Krzgcht816 (sp?) on line on the server in Great War, we are on turn 16, so it will be interesting to see how our games play out and compare.

Okay, well, have a great day Mr. Larry! Will post more tips and tricks as I find them!

< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 4/3/2020 6:52:22 PM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Air units ranges - 11/14/2020 2:28:57 PM   
Hellen_slith

re: ranges, I have started to have better success w/ GS if I keep those near the front, and set their Ranges to no more than 1/2 of their maximum ranges.

Same for AS.

I keep orange / red units back in rear and set their ranges to 2. That way is easy for me to see which air units have resupplied and can be sent back to the front, and then I put them back to range no greater than 1/2 of max. I am getting more rounds with the units now supporting the battles even if I don't "hard assign" them to a specific battle.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Air units ranges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI