Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New political combination

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New political combination Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New political combination - 1/5/2020 8:20:04 AM   
Asberdies

In the original boardgame game you could also create the Kingdom of Italy and Westaphalie. Why cant you create those 2 in the computer version?
Post #: 1
RE: New political combination - 3/29/2020 4:35:20 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

Not in the computer game.
I have modded years ago the database and make a mod that allows kingdom of Italy, denmark, sweden and two sicilies.
And makes it like the classic game
But i fail to make westphalia, because computer code doesn't allow after to make a proper C. Of Rhine.

< Message edited by Daniel Amieiro -- 3/29/2020 4:49:33 PM >

(in reply to Asberdies)
Post #: 2
RE: New political combination - 7/21/2020 4:46:22 PM   
pzgndr

Something I'm working on this week is an issue with the Conf of the Rhine. COR units in a pbem game are not counting towards combat. When I checked the setup in the 1812 scenario, I noted that although I set COR provinces in the editor they did not get implemented at game start.

So after digging into the create_kingdom function used in the game, I was able to make a customized version of the function that runs at game start to create COR for France. After a couple of trys and troubleshooting, it works like a charm now. However, the kingdom units of COR and Poland are still not working right and I need to figure that out. I suspect the normal attributes for minor country units and major power control are messed up and I need something special for kingdom units.

Anyways, as I was digging, there is also a function for adding provinces to a kingdom. Based on my insights with create_kingdom, I think I can troubleshoot and fix this other function to allow players to add a new eligible province to an already created kingdom. We'll see, but hopefully I can make at least this one improvement and knock out a very old reported bug that players have complained about for years.

At some future point, I may dig deeper into Daniel Amieiro's mod and see what I can do.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 3
RE: New political combination - 8/19/2020 12:39:41 AM   
pzgndr

quote:

- 0000099: [Game Enhancement] Please add the ability to add newly captured/ceded provinces or minors to New Political Combinations – resolved? (Create Kingdom function should now add province if applicable.)

As posted above with the v1.23.06 Beta update, I think this should be working now. We'll see. It's been on the Mantis bug list forever, bug #99.

Bill

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: New political combination - 9/20/2020 5:38:34 PM   
pzgndr

I am declaring success in resolving Mantis bug #0000099, finally. This request has been lingering since June 2008. Hey, only 12 years and 3 months...

Top pic is from a recent game where Confederation of the Rhine was previously created, and France is at war with Austria.
Middle pic shows Austria still controls Tyrol, so I forced a code change of control to France so that the province is eligible.
Bottom pic shows Tyrol province is now part of Confederation of the Rhine.

As long as the creator of the kingdom is selecting an eligible province and currently owns it or fully controls it, then newly captured/ceded provinces or minors should now be added to existing kingdoms.

Attachment (1)

Bill

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New political combination Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI