Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying to stay relevant?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying to stay relevant? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying to ... - 4/4/2020 12:15:13 PM   
JohnDillworth

I'm not on Facebook and not a big participant in social media but I have just about had it with celebrities over sharing what they are doing at home or posting videos of themselves singing,giving cooking ideas, makeup or workout tips. It seems without their teams of writers, producers and cameraman they are just dull, vapid assholes who are crying "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! PLEASE LOOK AT ME!" Nobody cares right now. Just shut up already. Oh, and the world is many trillions of dollars in debt right now so if you are planning your "concert for Covid victims" are any such nonsense think again. Nobody wants that

< Message edited by JohnDillworth -- 4/4/2020 12:16:32 PM >

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Post #: 1
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:20:34 PM   
Canoerebel

I'm not on Facebook or any social media, so I haven't seen any celebrities doing anything.

But you're right! In general, those kind of celebrities are tiresome, irksome, narcisistic folks, so +1!

A subgroup is the press (which are celebrities, but not fabulously wealthy ones). To the press its huge, disproportionate news if any of them are undergoing something painful or trying. And it is to that individual and his/her family cohorts, but not to the rest of us. Viewers care about radio personality-X, but the whole thing is disproportionate.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 4/4/2020 12:23:37 PM >

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:25:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I cut them some slack. After all the non-GMO bar and the coffee enema places are closed

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:26:12 PM   
Canoerebel

What's a GMO bar?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:32:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

What's a GMO bar?

"Non-GMO". All the booze is GMO-free. And gluten-free too. Also, no shrimp or MSG in the Bloody Marys. Male servers shave their armpits..."females" don't. They add 30% to the tab to pay the dishwashers a "living wage"

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:33:33 PM   
Canoerebel

Well....thanks, CAP.

But what the heck is GMO?

Post #: 6
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:33:59 PM   
btd64

Genetically modified foods s**t. Yes plus 1to looking at the stuff....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 7
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:34:15 PM   
Canoerebel

Ne'er mind. I looked it up via Google. Gametically modified.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 12:55:02 PM   
RangerJoe

Some people are just too full of themselves. As my aunt would say "If they think their $hit is cream, they should try it on their peaches!"

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 9
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 1:14:13 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

I cut them some slack. After all the non-GMO bar and the coffee enema places are closed

Right at the beginning of this when people started to empty the supermarkets I strayed in. All the toilet paper and bread was gone as was almost all of the meat. People were buying freezers and filling them up with meat. Anyway, the only thing that was left was "organic" chickens. Even at the end of the world people were not going to pay 3x as much for "organic", whatever the heck that was. Anyway, plenty of that inorganic chicken in the supermarket now

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

Post #: 10
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 1:14:50 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

Gametically modified.
yes, it was good to hear from Greyjoy!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 11
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 2:11:01 PM   
Canoerebel

Post #: 12
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 3:47:44 PM   
geofflambert

https://youtu.be/feBnrWXYu8s

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 13
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 4:12:34 PM   
obvert

quote:

I'm not on Facebook or any social media, so I haven't seen any celebrities doing anything.

But you're right! In general, those kind of celebrities are tiresome, irksome, narcisistic folks, so +1!

A subgroup is the press (which are celebrities, but not fabulously wealthy ones). To the press its huge, disproportionate news if any of them are undergoing something painful or trying. And it is to that individual and his/her family cohorts, but not to the rest of us. Viewers care about radio personality-X, but the whole thing is disproportionate.

Journalism is doing a good job right now. There is a lot of great, very responsible reporting.

If you lump all of media and journalism into one big pile and say it sucks you're just not saying anything at all. Where do you get your information, anyway? I've seen a few of your posts using journalistic and media stories on another thread.

This argument is old and dangerous, and it's undermining the general populace's ability to have some trust in what they hear about what is going on in the world.

< Message edited by obvert -- 4/4/2020 5:44:52 PM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 14
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 4:38:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

Gametically modified.
yes, it was good to hear from Greyjoy!

Post #: 15
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 5:29:22 PM   
Orm

I have no problem with celebrities doing their thing, as long as they do not bother me while I do mine. Like playing war-games.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Post #: 16
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 6:03:00 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

Journalism is doing a good job right now. There is a lot of great, very responsible reporting.

If you lump all of media and journalism into one big pile and say it sucks you're just not saying anything at all. Where do you get your information, anyway? I've seen a few of your posts using journalistic and media stories on another thread.

This argument is old and dangerous, and it's undermining the general populace's ability to have some trust in what they hear about what is going on in the world.

And there would be no 'entertainment media' or paparazzi if millions of fawning fans didn't think it was their right to know every detail of a celeb's life. We should start a campaign to make that sort of invasion of privacy as socially unacceptable as smoking - i.e. those who want to can do it, but don't bring it in front of the rest of us who find it unappealing. If I check out a news feed I want news that is relevant to what may impact me.

BTW, that goes for sports celebs too - show us their performance but spare us the details of how they felt about it.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 17
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 8:13:29 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

BTW, that goes for sports celebs too - show us their performance but spare us the details of how they felt about it.

Let's make a substitution here: BTW, that goes for generals too - show us their performance but spare us the details of how they felt about it.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 18
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/4/2020 8:29:24 PM   
DD696

Why, I cannot believe that everybody doesn't snap to attention and demand to know more every time Kimi Curdoucheagain farts. The news media truly believes it is important for us to know.

USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 19
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 6:18:59 AM   
Chris21wen

Celebs are generally famous for one thing and to be fair they mostly do it resonably well. Unfortunately because they can they think spouting off about subjects they no nothing about but are of importance to the rest us if OK to do. I ignore what they are saying I just swear and mutter 'shut the F%$£ up'. Others don't and tend to believe everything verbatum. Mostly the media is to blame.

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 20
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 6:37:38 AM   
warspite1

Well yes there are many 'celebrities' who feel that just because they were once famous for doing something or other, or who once appeared on some dumb reality TV show, we are all desperate to hear what they have to say on anything and everything.

Some have something useful to contribute, while many are just irritants with nothing interesting or relevant or sensible to say - but they say it anyway cos they're famous and for some daft reason, people follow them or whatever one does with Instatwitterbook.

But lets be fair for a minute. Most people it would seem, given an outlet for their opinions and thoughts, like to air them.... a bit like are we doing on forums like this?

Edit: Spelling

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/5/2020 7:00:52 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 21
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 6:46:23 AM   
Alfred

At the Oscars, Ricky Gervais said all that has to be said on the subject.

Alfred

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 22
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 10:31:53 AM   
inqistor

Oh come on! Don't you like videos of Arnold playing with his donkey?

Post #: 23
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 1:50:30 PM   
Orm

Whatever floats your boat.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 24
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 1:54:39 PM   
Orm

I suggest that they do what they do because that is what many read, or follow, or gossip about and so on. If no one would be bothered then they wouldn't do it. Or no one would report about it.

So why does it irritate you guys when they do something harmless and that is easy to ignore? Or maybe it is because so many are interested in what the celebrities do that it is hard to ignore?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 25
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 3:14:36 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I suggest that they do what they do because that is what many read, or follow, or gossip about and so on. If no one would be bothered then they wouldn't do it. Or no one would report about it.

So why does it irritate you guys when they do something harmless and that is easy to ignore? Or maybe it is because so many are interested in what the celebrities do that it is hard to ignore?

When it makes the national news instead of other things that may be more important, that is when it irritates me.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 26
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 4:52:31 PM   
pnzrgnral

Here 'tis.

Attachment (1)

Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 27
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 5:12:42 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: pnzrgnral

Here 'tis.

100% true.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to pnzrgnral)
Post #: 28
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 6:32:20 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Well yes there are many 'celebrities' who feel that just because they were once famous for doing something or other, or who once appeared on some dumb reality TV show, we are all desperate to hear what they have to say on anything and everything.

Some have something useful to contribute, while many are just irritants with nothing interesting or relevant or sensible to say - but they say it anyway cos they're famous and for some daft reason, people follow them or whatever one does with Instatwitterbook.

But lets be fair for a minute. Most people it would seem, given an outlet for their opinions and thoughts, like to air them.... a bit like are we doing on forums like this?

Edit: Spelling

Most of the members of this forum are well-read, well educated people with tolerance for a wide range of views. Their opinions are interesting and welcome.
I read somewhere that a good leader should have a kernel of doubt about themselves that keeps them humble enough to acknowledge mistakes and shift their views.

celebs meet this kind of criteria and their opinions are worth listening to. The ones who don't even realize that their lifestyle is not the norm are not going to have perspective.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 29
RE: Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying... - 4/5/2020 6:35:28 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

When it makes the national news instead of other things that may be more important, that is when it irritates me.

+1 Even the newsfeed I get online has more stuff about celebs than real news. Why does anyone give a hoot that some woman with talent got pregnant?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Anybody else had enough of bored celebrities trying to stay relevant? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI