Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CD + Mega Campaign install problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CD + Mega Campaign install problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CD + Mega Campaign install problems - 7/1/2001 5:00:00 AM   
Latka

Hey gang, Been quite a while since I was last on the boards. Ordered my CD and then thought, "Oh, I'll just wait till that shows up to get back into the game". Little did I know what an extended vacation that'd be! :) Anyway - my CD arrived this morning and I plopped 'er in the drive for the install. About 70% of the way through (?) I got the following error: "C:\Steel Panthers World at War\SND\Stream\VID012.SNK A decompression error has been detected (#7) File CRC mismatch - Data integrety error" Sounds like somethin didn't pass it's CRC check. Should I attempt a reinstall, or is there a patch... I see that we're already up to v5.3. I'll just sit here and work on cleaning the sand out of my machineguns and tracks while I wait. :) -Latka

Post #: 1
- 7/1/2001 5:05:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by Latka: Hey gang, Been quite a while since I was last on the boards. Ordered my CD and then thought, "Oh, I'll just wait till that shows up to get back into the game". Little did I know what an extended vacation that'd be! :) Anyway - my CD arrived this morning and I plopped 'er in the drive for the install. About 70% of the way through (?) I got the following error: "C:\Steel Panthers World at War\SND\Stream\VID012.SNK A decompression error has been detected (#7) File CRC mismatch - Data integrety error" Sounds like somethin didn't pass it's CRC check. Should I attempt a reinstall, or is there a patch... I see that we're already up to v5.3. I'll just sit here and work on cleaning the sand out of my machineguns and tracks while I wait. :) -Latka
Hit "ignore". The 5.2 patch fixes it.

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 2
- 7/1/2001 5:15:00 AM   
Latka

Assuming that would do the trick I did it. I'll go grab the 5.2 and 5.3 updates now. Thanks! Latka

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 3
- 7/1/2001 5:29:00 AM   
Warrior

Delete the mech.exe and steel.prf before you install each upgrade. Doing so can save you possible problems. (and save your 5.1 mech.exe in case you don't like 5.3) [ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CD + Mega Campaign install problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI